Jackson Fighters Lack Simple Boxing Techniques

After watching Cotto/Martinez, I got to thinking where are jabs, feints, combos, cutting of angles, proper movement on offense or defense for the Jackson fighters? Seems all the Jackson fighters, winners or losers, on tonight's card only throw 1 shot at a time. Anybody else notice this and think Jackson fighters lack simple boxing Techniques?

Yup, they have a great striking coach but one striking coach can only do so much. A lot of these guys are basic as all hell. Plus what is with Greg Jackson trying to put on a Russian accent and use simple words? What is with him baby talking? Greg Jackson is the biggest creeper I've ever seen on television.

Boxing would not look like boxing if they had 4 oz gloves and you could clinch/shoot in the pocket.

I've said for a while AKA has the best striking coaches when it comes to boxing & kickboxing for MMA. Winkeljohn's fighters lack defense.

Some do. it's just the guys on tonights card had different styles. Khabilov is more of a grappling based fighter. Dodson is can throw combos and shows good angles but prefers to really just set up that one big shot. Diego is a brawler. Perez is a grappler, etc

There definitely are some capable strikers at that camp. Cub Swanson, Condit and Arlovski just to name a few

All that, but especially this.

I mean, this guy gets praise from Timothy Bradley.

Back