Jack Slack on Ronda: "Any top 50 flyweight would eat her alive."

is this where guys get together and talk about how a man can beat up a woman?

Are you giving me context, excuses, or perhaps both? And no comment about Alexis Davis or Liz Carmouche. :icon_lol:

You're exaggerating. To anyone with a technically proficient eye for an MMA fighter, Joanna is the more appealing of the two.

Also, the proper term you're looking for is "Strength of Schedule". Ronda's has been very poor.

So Alexis Davis is clearly worse to you than Carla Esparza or Jessica Penne who was... outstruck by Esparza?

As for the rest, oh come on now. At least make some type of effort to disguise your bias.

You just won't stop. You called me a liar for paraphrasing you accurately, then called me a liar again for directly quoting you, and now you want to make it seem like I could only have a very narrow definition for saying she is on top. But not only is she on top of her division, she is on top of the MMA world. In terms of mainstream appeal she is easily the biggest MMA star ever.

Your wrong about Rousey not being on top, by any definition. You're wrong about her accomplishments being meaningless. And you're wrong about me being a liar, you slanderous cur.

051215-UFC--Ronda-Rousey-Sports-Illustrated-AS-IA.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Zingano threw Rousey in three seconds flat. People understandably overlook that because of Rousey's fantastic reversal, but Zingano probably holds the record for the fastest takedown ever in a title fight.

If Ronda's reversal is so trivial, why can't you give me an example of a similar reversal ever being used in MMA? I have asked several times. I think the answer is because it was not a trivial reversal, it was an outstanding reversal. Every high level grappler or analyst who has commented on it, yourself excepted, has given it high praise.

Yeah, you're a little too emotionally invested in Ronda Rousey. But, hey, you're also a woman... so. :icon_lol: I can't blame you for being offended. Go read some of my breakdowns, even ones from a year or more ago. You have a long way to go. I'd recommend the Grappling and Standup forums here as well.

So Alexis Davis is clearly worse to you than Carla Esparza or Jessica Penne who was... outstruck by Esparza?

As for the rest, oh come on now. At least make some type of effort to disguise your bias.

Jack Slack was right, you sheeple are very comical. But also very delusional. You and Inga (a super fangirl), my gawd dude. If you're going to slob on someone's stuff then at least make sure they're worth it first. BTW, Esparza, being a wrestler, was supposed to stylistically be a bad match-up for Joanna. Did you see what happened? :wink:

I remember when the Women's national hockey team in Canada would destroy weak competition internationally, then lose to Bantam boy teams (13-15 year olds,) handily. They would probably have trouble with House league Midget teams. Men and Women are entirely different in athletic competitions.

Even when I was in high school, there was a girl the same height as me then, who ended up playing for the national team, practiced everyday with the provincial team, and basketball was her life. She wouldn't even score a basket on me, if I was going even 60%, eventually I just pitied her and let her score. Basketball was my fourth sport, and only forced to play due to height.

Woman and Men are not meant to compete in athletic competition. This whole narrative with Ronda is ridiculous, and needs to be put to rest. It's just a cheap publicity talking point for ZUFFA.
You remind me of what I went through back in the day - I was a national class 800 (basically a half mile) runner for several years in college and afterward (no, I won't say when or where - lets just say my best was a decent bit under 1:47 at 800 - I wasn't world class but good enough to go to nationals every year for a while). Anyway, as a HS soph I got to train with a coach who had several world class runners under his wing, including a couple of world class female middle distance runners (they ran the same events I did). I had only been running for a few months at the time and the women who were world class and had been competing for years struggled to hang with me, never mind being clobbered by some older guys past their prime, for the early part of a workout - 1/5 of it - then the guys and myself cranked it up and kept going with a staggered interval session long after the women had moved off to slower paced sets of intervals that wouldn't kill them.

After that day I never regarded the top women in any sport that involved speed, strength or endurance as being close to competently trained 15 year old males. :p

I would put $1000 on ronda beating the fuck out of jack slack with ease and freeing him only to make him her bitch instead of someone elses.

You remind me of what I went through back in the day - I was a national class 800 (basically a half mile) runner for several years in college and afterward (no, I won't say when or where - lets just say my best was a decent bit under 1:47 at 800 - I wasn't world class but good enough to go to nationals every year for a while). Anyway, as a HS soph I got to train with a coach who had several world class runners under his wing, including a couple of world class female middle distance runners (they ran the same events I did). I had only been running for a few months at the time and the women who were world class and had been competing for years struggled to hang with me, never mind being clobbered by some older guys past their prime, for the early part of a workout - 1/5 of it - then the guys and myself cranked it up and kept going with a staggered interval session long after the women had moved off to slower paced sets of intervals that wouldn't kill them.

After that day I never regarded the top women in any sport that involved speed, strength or endurance as being close to competently trained 15 year old males. :p

I did the 800m growing up as well. My username is the 800m track spike I used to use. At under 16 nationals the winner broke the female PED fuelled world record for the 800m. by the U/18's we were around 4-5 seconds clear at 1:48-9.

The best I ever managed was 2nd at nationals [My country isn't as strong as American comp] and I ran 1:52.8. The female Olympic 800m was won in around 1:58 that year. About 60 meters slower.

Men and women are miles apart for anyone who's played any sport.

It is not just competition that involves speed, strength and endurance where top female competitors in the world are lagging behind men. Women are not doing so well (to put it mildly) against men in competition that involves none of those, such as chess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_chess_players

"As of 2015, no woman has ever been the world champion, and only a handful have made it to the top 500 players."

Jack Slack was right, you sheeple are very comical. But also very delusional. You and Inga (a super fangirl), my gawd dude. If you're going to slob on someone's stuff then at least make sure they're worth it first. BTW, Esparza, being a wrestler, was supposed to stylistically be a bad match-up for Joanna. Did you see what happened? :wink:

Holy shit, could you ride Jack's nuts a little harder. Maybe get a western saddle. Jack is a nobody. Ronda is the number one R search on google unless you are on my PC which would be Rebecca Demorney but Ronda would be second, i says, Mabel.

Holy shit, could you ride Jack's nuts a little harder. Maybe get a western saddle. Jack is a nobody. Ronda is the number one R search on google unless you are on my PC which would be Rebecca Demorney but Ronda would be second, i says, Mabel.

The number one R search is still and always will be Ronald Weasley.

A high school wrestler would smash her ffs

Ronda-Rousey-ruff.jpg

Any athletic guy who trains in a functional martial art or mma gym even if amateur would as well.

Not talking about sucky unathletic gamma males who train mma on an amateur level but guys who are actually men and the as the weight advantage goes up for the man the less training they need.

You just won't stop. You called me a liar for paraphrasing you accurately, then called me a liar again for directly quoting you, and now you want to make it seem like I could only have a very narrow definition for saying she is on top. But not only is she on top of her division, she is on top of the MMA world. In terms of mainstream appeal she is easily the biggest MMA star ever.

Your wrong about Rousey not being on top, by any definition. You're wrong about her accomplishments being meaningless. And you're wrong about me being a liar, you slanderous cur.

051215-UFC--Ronda-Rousey-Sports-Illustrated-AS-IA.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Zingano threw Rousey in three seconds flat. People understandably overlook that because of Rousey's fantastic reversal, but Zingano probably holds the record for the fastest takedown ever in a title fight.

If Ronda's reversal is so trivial, why can't you give me an example of a similar reversal ever being used in MMA? I have asked several times. I think the answer is because it was not a trivial reversal, it was an outstanding reversal. Every high level grappler or analyst who has commented on it, yourself excepted, has given it high praise.

Fuk Ronda Rousey

She's a sexist and promotes violence against men. she's a pathetic human being who's beating NO BODIES.

I did the 800m growing up as well. My username is the 800m track spike I used to use. At under 16 nationals the winner broke the female PED fuelled world record for the 800m. by the U/18's we were around 4-5 seconds clear at 1:48-9.

The best I ever managed was 2nd at nationals [My country isn't as strong as American comp] and I ran 1:52.8. The female Olympic 800m was won in around 1:58 that year. About 60 meters slower.

Men and women are miles apart for anyone who's played any sport.

The Bowerman! Famous shoe. Famous coach. That 1:58 is very fast for a woman - would put her in the top 10 women in the world right now. Yet she is certainly no challenge to any half decent male. Same goes for basically all other sports.

Most people who have never run the 800 can't understand what a brutal race it is. That last 200, tunnel vision, I would get that coppery taste/blood taste...:icon_chee It's not like getting a shot to the liver, but agonizing in a different way. If you're sub 1:53 as a guy you're fast, under 1:50 you're very, very good.

It is not just competition that involves speed, strength and endurance where top female competitors in the world are lagging behind men. Women are not doing so well (to put it mildly) against men in competition that involves none of those, such as chess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_chess_players

"As of 2015, no woman has ever been the world champion, and only a handful have made it to the top 500 players."

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I could bring up other areas. Being a new guy I still wonder how un-PC I can get without being tossed. :p There are definite cognitive differences between men and women, but if you mention areas where men have an advantage you're a vile monster who's helping lead the war on women.

... and Rhonda would get her head knocked clean off by any male professional fighter - or choked out before she realized what's happening.

Fuk Ronda Rousey

She's a sexist and promotes violence against men. she's a pathetic human being who's beating NO BODIES.

Lol. You are pretty angry about this. Is she sexist? I haven't seen anything that leads me to your conclusion. Is she pathetic? Not by any reasonable definition. Does she beat nobodies? No, most of the fighters she has faced in the past few years are good fighters.

Gues its not enough that she beats up her own gender. I mean...who cares? Everybody obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back