Jack Slack: Is Holly Holm The Woman To Beat Ronda Rousey?

I can see Holly keeping her distance and countering...

It would be funny if Ronda got wreckless and ran into a headkick...

Exactly how does she achieve this against a hyper-aggressive judoka attacking at speed, using punches of her own as a means of getting to the clinch? Wishful thinking on your part.

giphy.gif

I love these threads. I have no problem with guys who picked Ronda, but it seemed most were pretty fucking sure she would win and were douches about it.

I'd say not a chance, but I admit, that I will lol if Holly catches Ronda as she bull rushes in for the clinch.

I don't watch women's boxing (apparently all divisions are even shallower than UFC's?), but I find it just about impossible that she was a champion in any organization. This fight doesn't make any sense at all, Ronda would be an enormous favourite even in a pure striking match.

like the emphasis on "any"

"Visualize how you are going to win"

"A congenital heart defect has apparently felled Rousey moments before she could step into the cage."

Not bloody likely. But possible I suppose. If she can last a few rounds with her footwork and test her gas tank I can possibly see her winning by Headkick.

I don't watch women's boxing (apparently all divisions are even shallower than UFC's?), but I find it just about impossible that she was a champion in any organization. This fight doesn't make any sense at all, Ronda would be an enormous favourite even in a pure striking match.

I'd love to watch this "pure striking match" you speak of.

I got this strange error when I tried to post.

The following errors occurred with your submission:
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 34 seconds.

"Visualize how you are going to win"

"A congenital heart defect has apparently felled Rousey moments before she could step into the cage."

Haha.

No, she's not. The ease that Pennington had landing hard strikes and clinching up is a big tell. Holly is 33, fighting for a long ass time. She's peaked and not going to improve.

I would not be surprised at all if Ronda knocks her out. Ronda's power, aggression, pressure, and force of will are unmatched.

A Jack Slack article about WMMA. In other words: Pure Shit.

Will not read.

Edit: By that I mean he's as knowledgeable about WMMA as Team Alpha Male members are about changing light bulbs.

It was a great article.

The best part of the article is actually in the comments section below. Jonathan Swift breaks down the fight and calls it before it happens. Pretty impressive stuff.

I can see Holly keeping her distance and countering. She is not going to hurt Rousey that way but we never now how Ronda performs when she cannot control the fight plan. We have seen Cain completely crumble to Werdum mostly because of that.

It would be funny if Ronda got wreckless and ran into a headkick. Holly might not be a female version of prime CroCop but she showed that she control the fight and get one-sided decisions without much risk.

This is the best part of Sherdog.

Wannabe fight fans eating crow.

And Nunes will be the one to beat Holm.

Lol at Sherdog experts talking shit about Jack Slack.

Love these threads.

I don't see holm having the mental game to come close to beating rousey, she is going to be like a deer in the headlights.
She doesn't believe she can beat rounds and this will be her downfall

A Jack Slack article about WMMA. In other words: Pure Shit.

Will not read.

Edit: By that I mean he's as knowledgeable about WMMA as Team Alpha Male members are about changing light bulbs.

I can see Holly keeping her distance and countering. She is not going to hurt Rousey that way but we never now how Ronda performs when she cannot control the fight plan. We have seen Cain completely crumble to Werdum mostly because of that.

It would be funny if Ronda got wreckless and ran into a headkick. Holly might not be a female version of prime CroCop but she showed that she control the fight and get one-sided decisions without much risk.

my man

No. She doesn't have the ko power to catch her.

I find it hilarious how none of the experts posting in this thread prior to this fight are anywhere to be found now.

I usually enjoy his articles on striking, but this one is shit. Not once did he mention her tendency to throw punches at air which we saw all throughout her last bout. Nothing but praise for her punching without mentioning the obvious weaknesses and how her kicks are telegraphed. I don't think this guy actually watched her mma bouts all the way through.

Holm isn't even good. As someone who was hyped to see her in the UFC, she is not good. Her striking game consists of , throw 8 strikes in a straight line , don't back out until done with combo, scream on every strike in the process. May I add, do not add any power to strikes?

I hope she KO's her exactly like this. Holm KOing Ronda that is

anderson-silva-front-kick-vitor-belfort1.gif

Back