Jacare vs Romero Re-aired last night

MarleyLynx

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
And I am even more convinced watching it sober this time that Jacare won that bout. Jacare owned r3 and squeezed out r2. Romero was almost completely inactive for that entire round except the first and last 15 seconds.

How can you give the fight to Romero when Romero did nothing to bring in either r2 or r3? Hell in r1 he didn't do anything until that spinning backfist - and while brilliantly timed and landed - the fact he landed next to like nothing for the rest of the fight(besides the GnP to follow rocking Jacare) leads me to believe that was flukey.

Jacare should be fighting bisping and becoming the MW champ right now. I'm very salty.

Romero pounded his brains in at the end of round 1. So close to that TKO. 10-8 round.

If the fight is so close that people endlessly argue over who won the fight
neither fighter can complain because they left it in the hands of the judges

I was impressed with Jacares ability to survive. I honestly thought Romero killed him with that back fist. Glad to see he's recovered.

sk7aQFt.gif

Romero nearly killed him that 1st round. I thought Jacare was going to get KO'd early in the 2nd. He's tough I didn't think he would come back like he did.

I think Romero won but CRJ is awesome so I'll agree with you.

I had Jacare winning that fight as well but I can understand the reasoning behind Romero winning.

They really, really should have had an intimidate rematch though due to the whole failed drug test controversy after, I'd like to see Jacare fight him clean.

what surprised me most about that was I always felt like Jacare was chinny but he ate that and stayed staring at ROmero the entire time and composed. His body wasn't working after that though when he tried getting to the stool lol

I thought it should have been a draw, but if a winner had to be crowned, I'm glad they went with Romero.

And I am even more convinced watching it sober this time that Jacare won that bout. Jacare owned r3 and squeezed out r2. Romero was almost completely inactive for that entire round except the first and last 15 seconds.

How can you give the fight to Romero when Romero did nothing to bring in either r2 or r3? Hell in r1 he didn't do anything until that spinning backfist - and while brilliantly timed and landed - the fact he landed next to like nothing for the rest of the fight(besides the GnP to follow rocking Jacare) leads me to believe that was flukey.

Jacare should be fighting bisping and becoming the MW champ right now. I'm very salty.
Romero punished Jacare. Only thing Jacare was successful in was controlling and stalling the fight in the final round using his BJJ.

Trust me I wanted Jacare to win, I lost money on a bet because of him that night.

That fight was a draw anyway I look at it. The first round was a 10-8 though tbh nothing really happened until the knockdown. Then the next 2 rounds were clearly 10-9 for Jacare. Doesn't help that Romero clearly cheated by holding onto the fence.

Can't they just fucking rematch this bout to determine the next rightful contender? This fight has been debated to death and the only solution is a rematch.

I had Jacare winning that fight as well but I can understand the reasoning behind Romero winning.

They really, really should have had an intimidate rematch though due to the whole failed drug test controversy after, I'd like to see Jacare fight him clean.
He was clean, if he wasn't he would have gotten a 2 year ban.

Jacare looked like he was concussed at the end of round one, had a hard time getting to his corner.

He did however arguably edge out round two and decisively win round three.

Round 1. 10-8 Romero

Round 2. 10-9 Jac

Round 3. 10-9 Jac

Fight should've been a draw imo.

Do you really think that fight should be tied after 2 rounds?

Jacare looked like he was concussed at the end of round one, had a hard time getting to his corner.

He did however arguably edge out round two and decisively win round three.

Round 1. 10-8 Romero

Round 2. 10-9 Jac

Round 3. 10-9 Jac

Fight should've been a draw imo.

That what I had. I think most people saw it this way.

People ignore the fact that Romero should have had a point deducted. Definitely one of the more blatant fence grabs.

Back