Jacare vs Romero Re-aired last night

I dont like either guy but Romero is dirty as fuck. After the Kennedy fight, blatant fence grabs against Jacare and pissing hot i just want to see this dude get laid out. I dont give a shit how exciting people think he is, he's a cheater plain and simple

I dont like either guy but Romero is dirty as fuck. After the Kennedy fight, blatant fence grabs against Jacare and pissing hot i just want to see this dude get laid out. I dont give a shit how exciting people think he is, he's a cheater plain and simple
He's a cheater but damn he has some serious power

He was clean, if he wasn't he would have gotten a 2 year ban.

No. He was not clean. He may have had a convenient excuse for it, but he tested positive and that makes him not clean.

I didn't view the first round as 10-8. He caught him with a nice spinning back fist, but the follow up has been grossly exaggerated. I don't think he was close to stopping the fight at all, and in turn helped reduce his overall cardio greatly.

Jacare definitely won the last 2 rounds.

This fight was also another example that Romero really is a dirty fighter, who cheats, and bends the rules constantly.

Had it a draw based on the fight that occured 10-8, 9-10, 9-10. But in reality there should have been a point deduction for that blatant as fuck fence grab in round 2 and Jacare should have won in that case. If Romero didn't grab that fence then Jacare easily takes round 2, but even with the fence grab stopping the takedown he should have won the round based off of outstriking, more aggression, and octagon control. And of course Jacare obvioulsy won round 3.

No. He was not clean. He may have had a convenient excuse for it, but he tested positive and that makes him not clean.
Tested positive days after the fight, meaning he was clean coming into the jacare fight and on fight night.
If i smoke meth right now i wouldn't be high yesterday.
Besides what he failed.for would offer zero beneifit in the octagon.

I didn't view the first round as 10-8. He caught him with a nice spinning back fist, but the follow up has been grossly exaggerated. I don't think he was close to stopping the fight at all, and in turn helped reduce his overall cardio greatly.

Jacare definitely won the last 2 rounds.

This fight was also another example that Romero really is a dirty fighter, who cheats, and bends the rules constantly.
Jacare fell off his stool his corner had to keep him up.. That fight was close to being over and is a obvious 10-8 round

And I am even more convinced watching it sober this time that Jacare won that bout. Jacare owned r3 and squeezed out r2. Romero was almost completely inactive for that entire round except the first and last 15 seconds.

How can you give the fight to Romero when Romero did nothing to bring in either r2 or r3? Hell in r1 he didn't do anything until that spinning backfist - and while brilliantly timed and landed - the fact he landed next to like nothing for the rest of the fight(besides the GnP to follow rocking Jacare) leads me to believe that was flukey.

Jacare should be fighting bisping and becoming the MW champ right now. I'm very salty.
It was a draw or Romero win.

If Jacare hadn't gotten blasted in the 1st, he could've gotten the win.

In fact, they could've stopped the fight right there. Jacare could barely even get up.

People ignore the fact that Romero should have had a point deducted. Definitely one of the more blatant fence grabs.

I thought it should have been a draw at worst, and at best, a point deduction was warranted in round 2 leaving the match up to winning round 3, which was clearly Jacare.

The reason I thought the fight was BS, was because at worst, I thought it would be a draw, but somehow, Romero got the nod. I didn't see anything that would warrant round 2 or round 3 being anything other than 10-9 Jacare. Personally, I was pissed that Jacare shot for the double after rocking Yoel in round 3. If he could have gotten the knock down and controlled the rest of the round, I felt he would have had a 10-8 based on Yoel doing absolutely nothing. Ultimately, that fight was Jacare's to win after the cobwebs cleared, but he didn't get the job done.

But that would make it a draw. Romero winning when he was a heavy bag for the last 10 minutes of the fight is complete bullshit
He was never a heavy bag. They were both pretty inactive and then Jacare landed some decent shots while Romero had his back against the cage (Joe rogan claimed Romero was rocked but I didn't see it)

People don't know how to count. Even if that first round was a 10-8 which it clearly wasn't, Souza still won 2&3. Its a a draw at best for Romero. Souza clearly won by one point. Was it close? Yes. But the fight can be close and still have a clear winner. Is 10 close to 9? Yes, but 10 is clearly a greater #.DDon't see how so many people don't see this. Same with the Gus / Jones fight. Jones clearly won a really close fight but he clearly scored one more point. Its like a game where the score was 100 to 99. Close but with a clear winner.

Romero pounded his brains in at the end of round 1. So close to that TKO. 10-8 round.

You don't get a 10-8 round for doing nothing for four minutes until you get lucky at the end. 10-8s are dominant rounds from start to finish.

You don't get a 10-8 round for doing nothing for four minutes until you get lucky at the end. 10-8s are dominant rounds from start to finish.
The fact that you just claimed he got lucky shows you are just bitter. Jacare could barely sit on a fucking stool and you say that wasn't 10-8?

If the fight is so close that people endlessly argue over who won the fight
neither fighter can complain because they left it in the hands of the judges

I accept this for most controversies.

Actually he was clean. He passed all the tests including the fight night tests.
His failed test was AFTER the fight and an out of competition test that was proven to be a tainted supplement. You can't claim he cheated for that fight.

10-8
10-10
9-10

29-28 Romero

First round was a 10-8 round, if a flash knockdown can get you a 10-8 round in boxing then vicious knockdown followed by even more vicious ground and pound until the end of the round should give you a 10-8 round in MMA. If that isn't a 10-8 round then I don't know what more do you want a fighter to do.

Second round was a 10-10 round if there ever was one. Neither of them did anything. I don't know why 10-10 rounds aren't given more often, it's the most fair way to judge all those shitty feeling out rounds or rounds where both fighters are gassed and just circle around and stay out of range. I'd give the round to Jacare if he gained at least some momentum but he didn't.

Third round was Jacare's.

Do you really think that fight should be tied after 2 rounds?

I agree. That's why judging a 3 round MMA fight by boxing rules is retarded to begin with. At least in boxing you get a 10-8 round for a knockdown while in MMA you have to nearly finish the guy to get a 10-8 round.

Pride judging of fights was better.

I accept this for most controversies.
ya not always....
when Romero and Kennedy fought
there was a lot to talk about after that fight
with the love grab and too long on the stool...
but when people dig up fights from 5+ years ago
and are on and on about it
it is a bit much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back