Jacare or Rockhold?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who does better in the UFC? Who would you like to see them fight first and would you like to see a rematch of them in the UFC if they win there debuts? I would like see either of them fight...

Philippou
Belfort/Bisping loser
Munoz
Cung Le

Any of those guys would be a good matchup for either guy. I think Jacare will do better in the UFC and would win a rematch vs Luke. I think if Jacare can win 2-3 in the UFC he should be in the title discussion. Thoughts?

Rockhold deserves a title shot in my opinion. I could see him fighting Weidmen for number 1 contender so the more Casual UFC fans could get to know him.

Edit: However, I think he puts up a good fight against both Anderson and Weidmen, but also ends up on the losing end in both engagements. Still, he is a great fighter and I'm excited to see him in the UFC.

rockhold is the better fighter

i want to see a rematch .their first fight was a draw imo

I doubt we will see a rematch any time soon.

Who does better in the UFC? Who would you like to see them fight first and would you like to see a rematch of them in the UFC if they win there debuts? I would like see either of them fight...

Philippou
Belfort/Bisping loser
Munoz
Cung Le

Any of those guys would be a good matchup for either guy. I think Jacare will do better in the UFC and would win a rematch vs Luke. I think if Jacare can win 2-3 in the UFC he should be in the title discussion. Thoughts?

Jacare by decision but it would be a great fight

Rockhold deserves a title shot in my opinion. I could see him fighting Weidmen for number 1 contender so the more Casual UFC fans could get to know him.

Edit: However, I think he puts up a good fight against both Anderson and Weidmen, but also ends up on the losing end in both engagements. Still, he is a great fighter and I'm excited to see him in the UFC.

I dunno... both guys are unknown. Thats not really how the UFC does title eliminators.

I think they will both do rather well, but over jacare will have more success IMO as I feel he's got the better skill set to perform at the level needed to be successful in the UFC

Would be really hard fight for Rockhold, as he would be on a serious number disadvantage against Weidmen. In fact, the commission probably won't sanction it.

Personally I think Rockhold? But Im not sure. Anyway I don't think Jacare lives up to the hype AT ALL. And also I think hes a bit of a flake.

I see them both as gatekeepers in the UFC unless they show dramatic improvement.

I expect they'll both be given fairly stiff competition right away, lose, and then have that rematch.

I see them both as gatekeepers in the UFC unless they show dramatic improvement.

I expect they'll both be given fairly stiff competition right away, lose, and then have that rematch.

LOL @ Jacare and Rockhold being gatekeepers. Jacare will be top 5 at MW for sure. Rockhold is still very much rough around the edges and he's already a top 10 guy that holds a win over Jacare. Ed Herman is a MW gatekeeper and Jacare tore through him like he was a scrub.

Would be really hard fight for Rockhold, as he would be on a serious number disadvantage against Weidmen. In fact, the commission probably won't sanction it.

I don't know what you're talking about. What is a number disadvantage and why wouldn't the commission sanction it?

I think Luke would edge him again and may do better overall, although Jacare definitely matches up better with the champ. I'm not really interested in seeing them rematch any time soon though, it made sense in SF but not now that they're in the UFC IMO. I want to see the SF guys fighting guys they couldn't fight before, not having rematches with each other. I'd like to see Luke fight Bisping if he loses to Vitor and see Jacare start off with someone like Philippou.

I think Luke would edge him again and may do better overall, although Jacare definitely matches up better with the champ. I'm not really interested in seeing them rematch any time soon though, it made sense in SF but not now that they're in the UFC IMO. I want to see the SF guys fighting guys they couldn't fight before, not having rematches with each other. I'd like to see Luke fight Bisping if he loses to Vitor and see Jacare start off with someone like Philippou.

Remember that a rematch in the UFC will be 3 rounds, and Jacare won the first two rounds comfortably in their first fight. Rockhold was able to pull ahead in the later rounds due to superior conditioning but that won't be a factor in a 3 round fight. I'd give Jacare the edge in a rematch.

Back