Jacare or Rockhold?

Both will definitely be top 10 UFC MWs. I believe Jacare's game is more suited for UFC as Rockhold loves to primarily strike and WILL NOT be able to stuff take down attempts by Weidman, Munoz, Boetsch, Sonnen (after Jones beats him down), Okami, Lombard, and DEFINITELY not Hendo. Jacare would LOVE to go to the ground which will be something all of the previously mentioned will have to plan against.

This thread is an example of short term memory and "what have you done for me lately."

Both will definitely be top 10 UFC MWs. I believe Jacare's game is more suited for UFC as Rockhold loves to primarily strike and WILL NOT be able to stuff take down attempts by Weidman, Munoz, Boetsch, Sonnen (after Jones beats him down), Okami, Lombard, and DEFINITELY not Hendo. Jacare would LOVE to go to the ground which will be something all of the previously mentioned will have to plan against.

Pretty good breakdown! They are both good, and both will add spice to the MW division. Jacare does seem to have a game better suited to the current MW top 10.

Personally I think Rockhold? But Im not sure. Anyway I don't think Jacare lives up to the hype AT ALL. And also I think hes a bit of a flake.

Why?
At the very least I see Jacare being top 5-7. He's going to beat up the Stann's and Mark Munoz's of the world at the very least. Does he beat Weidman and Lombard etc? I don't know, I think he's at least competitive there. Only guys I wouldn't favor him against are Lombard, Weidman and Okami right off the top and obviously Anderson.

Rockhold I think will fit somewhere similar, though he'd probably beat Okami and Lombard (if he could keep his chin tucked), tall lanky good well rounded athlete with a good bit of upside he might have more potential upside than Jacare but both are going to probably fit into the same place at MW at least initially.

Luke is like Swick in some ways.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to stuff takedowns from any of those guys to be honest, especially when his background is Judo and Wrasslin, then BJJ, then MMA

Would be really hard fight for Rockhold, as he would be on a serious number disadvantage against Weidmen. In fact, the commission probably won't sanction it.

What?

Am I missing something?

their first fight was razor close, but I think Jacare's style will translate better in the UFC.

i think Jacare would take Luke in the rematch.

jacare, will be a tough fight though, but both guys will easily be top 5, along with CW Okami and Bispings, although, I seriusly hope vitor sends bispings head back to the UK and never come back, god its awful to see a middle weight fight as a BW...

Luke is much better suited for the ufc. Good takedown defense with solid striking is perfect for the ufc. Jacare standup is still average at best and there are too many wrestlers that he won't be able to get down that are starting to fill mw

I see them both as gatekeepers in the UFC unless they show dramatic improvement.

I expect they'll both be given fairly stiff competition right away, lose, and then have that rematch.

boy, you're a horrible judge of talent.

Rockhold already destroyed jacare

Personally I think Rockhold? But Im not sure. Anyway I don't think Jacare lives up to the hype AT ALL. And also I think hes a bit of a flake.

huh? he will IMMEDIATELY have the best ground game in the division. he is fast, with great takedowns, and much improved boxing skills. his cardio can be suspect at times, but that is fixable.

Why?
At the very least I see Jacare being top 5-7. He's going to beat up the Stann's and Mark Munoz's of the world at the very least. Does he beat Weidman and Lombard etc? I don't know, I think he's at least competitive there. Only guys I wouldn't favor him against are Lombard, Weidman and Okami right off the top and obviously Anderson.

Rockhold I think will fit somewhere similar, though he'd probably beat Okami and Lombard (if he could keep his chin tucked), tall lanky good well rounded athlete with a good bit of upside he might have more potential upside than Jacare but both are going to probably fit into the same place at MW at least initially.

I think Jacare is a bad match up for Okami. He won't be able to stifle him on the ground, and I believe Jacare to be the faster, heavier hitting boxer at this point.

Luke is much better suited for the ufc. Good takedown defense with solid striking is perfect for the ufc. Jacare standup is still average at best and there are too many wrestlers that he won't be able to get down that are starting to fill mw

his stand up is definitely above average, and who are these wrestlers that would clearly outstrike him?

weidman? yeah, maybe.

jacare's wrestling and judo is also very good.

Rockhold's size makes him more of a LHW, but as long as he fights at MW he probably is top 10. I'd like to see him rematch Jacare, who got cheated in their first fight.

his stand up is definitely above average, and who are these wrestlers that would clearly outstrike him?

weidman? yeah, maybe.

jacare's wrestling and judo is also very good.

It's more that Rockhold standup is better and guys will have as difficult a time getting Rockhold down as they will be scares taking down jacare. I don't think that guys like okami or Weidman would be that worried about taking jacare down if they were getting outstruck against jacare.

Jacare will have more success.
People will be afraid of his takedowns and ground game and that will benefit his striking, that is looking better every fight.

Back