Jacare controlled 80% of that fight wall hugging and lost...

clownin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Maybe they interpret that as Jan succesfully defending the td.

Surprised he lost a decision like tha in Brazil tbh

The aggression wasn't effective, therefore you could say it didn't constitute as real octagon control. Jan was defending the takedown attempts, in turn being successful while Jacare's aggression was not.

Personally, that crap fight was a coin flip and either guy could've been awarded the decision.

Jacare did nothing during the fight and looked like Yoel Romero in there after moving up 20 lbs.

he didn't control anything, was there 1 takedown? I wasn't looking at TV much by start of 3rd. Saw him dropped in 5th

The aggression wasn't effective, therefore you could say it didn't constitute as real octagon control. Jan was defending the takedown attempts, in turn being successful while Jacare's aggression was not.

Personally, that crap fight was a coin flip and either guy could've been awarded the decision.

personally think that fight could have been scored a draw (because neither did anything) and Shogun should have been given the win over Bearjew.

To be honest when the fight ended i tought anyone could have won, the fight was so bad that i dont really cared but i was thinking in give it to jan because he had more effective striking. Im brazilian by the way so you cant say that im biased

I could understand them giving him the fight a decade or so ago but not anymore, judges rarely reward stalling.

Judges are inconsistent with wall n stall scoring.

Khabib wall n stalled Tibau and got decision nod for it.

Randy Couture suffered more damage than Brandon Vera but won a decision via wall n stall.

Then you got Brendan Schaub losing your Arlovski after cage hugging him for most of the fight and this case.

Judges are inconsistent with wall n stall scoring.

Khabib wall n stalled Tibau and got decision nod for it.

Randy Couture suffered more damage than Brandon Vera but won a decision via wall n stall.

Then you got Brendan Schaub losing your Arlovski after cage hugging him for most of the fight and this case.
but these are all old fights using different scoring criteria, we've had updates to the rules and scoring since then

Kinda reminded me of Couture/Vera. I could've seen either guy getting it but felt that Jan landed cleaner shots (albeit be a very thin margin).

The wall n stall needs to be more intense to influence judges.

Colby Covington may be a twat and his style is boring to watch (for most anyway) but he's extremely effective with such tactics because of his absurd cardio.

We had a post on here about this a few days ago. Jacare used uneffective grappling to stall the first 3 rounds. In the first he tried for a takedown and didn't get it. His other takedowns were used to stall so he didn't have to fight at distance. When it was at distance, Jacare threw less and less. He didn't want to engage in standup as the fight went on. In the fifth Jacare wouldn't even throw a punch, he just danced at distance trying to evade. Jacare's whole strategy was to try and not engage standup. Jacare didn't get one takedown and didn't do anything in the clinch. His whole fight was a stalling tactic. In the fight the ref finally broke up the stalling. I'm surprised they gave that decision to Jan in Brazil.

he didn't control anything, was there 1 takedown? I wasn't looking at TV much by start of 3rd. Saw him dropped in 5th
Not 1 takedown and as the fight went on Jacare wasn't engaging in standup. He didn't want any part of Jan on the feet. It's why he was trying to stall the whole fight on the cage.

The wall n stall needs to be more intense to influence judges.

Colby Covington may be a twat and his style is boring to watch (for most anyway) but he's extremely effective with such tactics because of his absurd cardio.
Colby is aggressive and takes people down and engages in the standup. That's not what this was. Jacare was pressing against the cage because he didn't want any part of the standup with Jan. That was apparent as the fight went on Jacare was refusing to engage the standup more and more. Glad the judges didn't reward this type of fight that Jacare did. It was a total stall strategy.

This.

I'm a huge Jacare fan, and that was a shit fight, by both. In regards to Jacare's wall stalling, it was just that...stalling. The old Jacare would have been ten times more relentless in getting the TD (and probably gotten it, one way or another). Even his corner was telling him to use his Judo...I think he tried maybe one trip? No level changes (when clinched up), no elbows to the face, no knees to the body, etc. Hell, he could have even tried for a standing back take, ala Maia.

That's great if he's in a mentally better place, but lately he's fighting like a Dad playing video games, not a killer.

Back