Jacar

Don't really care to see Sonnen in another title fight in the near future.

I'd like to see some MW fights between Belfort, Jacare, Machida but it seems like those are never going to happen.

why do you say that? all three guys have said they would fight each other....If Machida beats "the Chris" then he will (80%+) fight his next against Vitor. Jacare wins one maybe two more he is next.

so those three are very likely to fight in the next 6-12 months.

lol you put any of the top MW fighters against Jones,Evans and Anderson and they will lose as well. Even weidman wouldn't be able to do much to the much bigger Evans and Jones.

Weidman defeated Silva x2, whilst Sonnen lost to Silva x2. I think there's an evident and significant gap between the two. I'm not sure Rashad would make Weidman tap to strikes in the 1st round either.

Nothing but love for Sonnen from the Brazilians recently.

With a win over the #1 contender in that weight class. What happens at 205 shouldn't affect 185, right Sherdog?

Beating the #1 contender doesn't necesarily makes you the #1 contender.

In that case, he would be 1-1 at 185.

I though MW was past the stage of awarding title shots so cheaply.

lets say Chael beats Vitor and goes 2-3....how many of those 5 fights does Jacare or Rockhold win in your opinion.

I don't see how your question is any relevant.

why do you say that? all three guys have said they would fight each other....If Machida beats "the Chris" then he will (80%+) fight his next against Vitor. Jacare wins one maybe two more he is next.

so those three are very likely to fight in the next 6-12 months.
I'm saying it because of how the UFC has been matching up fights not that any of the 3 have stated they won't fight each other.
I guess never is an exaggeration, but I was hoping for a fight between 2 of them to have happened by now or at least announced by now.

Beating the #1 contender doesn't necesarily makes you the #1 contender.

In that case, he would be 1-1 at 185.

I though MW was past the stage of awarding title shots so cheaply.

I don't see how your question is any relevant.

well you seem to be making the point, that Chaels record is the reason he doesn't deserve a title shot, even if he beats Vitor. My point was, If the guys many here claim deserve a shot at the title fought the same opponents, would their record look that much better?

So i asked you that question.

don't bother with claude, he is a MW troll..always hating

I don't hate MW. I think it's an interesting division for the first time in it's existence.

Sonnen getting a short, easy and undeserving path at title shot won't help it's credibility though.

it would make him 6-3 in the MW division with wins over Okami, Marquardt, Stann, Bisping & current #1 contender Vitor Belfort... there are other guys waiting for a shot but I agree, if he beats Vitor he's got a good shout for the title shot

lol you put any of the top MW fighters against Jones,Evans and Anderson and they will lose as well. Even weidman wouldn't be able to do much to the much bigger Evans and Jones.

"Much bigger Evans" :icon_lol:

Funny how no one was saying that shit until after he whooped Chael.

sonnen is already champ

most tap outs in mma history. hes the champ of that division

Lyoto has beaten Rashad and Weidman beat Silva twice
it would make him 6-3 in the MW division with wins over Okami, Marquardt, Stann, Bisping & current #1 contender Vitor Belfort... there are other guys waiting for a shot but I agree, if he beats Vitor he's got a good shout for the title shot
Agreed. I think if Chael wins Jacare would deserve the title shot more but Vitor is the man to beat at MW nowadays so a win over him is a pretty good test for a title shot.

well you seem to be making the point, that Chaels record is the reason he doesn't deserve a title shot, even if he beats Vitor. My point was, If the guys many here claim deserve a shot at the title fought the same opponents, would their record look that much better?

So i asked you that question.

Nobody knows. Saying they would win/lose is just guessing.

What i do know is that Sonnen's last "top" win at MW was in 2012, and i quote top win because that was Bisping (who was top ranked yet had no top wins at the time). And at LHW he's 1-2.

I think a win over Vitor should get him close, but to give him a title shot right away? The MW division is no longer that crappy.

I don't hate MW. I think it's an interesting division for the first time in it's existence.

Sonnen getting a short, easy and undeserving path at title shot won't help it's credibility though.

lol @ sonnen having an easy route to anything

he's fought perhaps the top 3 LHWs ever in his past 3 fights, stopping one of them in the first round and his fights at middleweight, the fights that are actually relevant to any kind of title shot talk are

vitor belfort (3 fight ufc win streak) anderson silva (14 fight ufc win streak), michael bisping (4 fight ufc win streak), brian stann (3 fight ufc win streak), anderson silva (11 fight ufc win streak), nate marquardt (3 fight ufc win streak), yushin okami (3 fight ufc win streak), dan miller (3 fight ufc win streak), demian maia (4 fight ufc win streak)

if he beats vitor he would be 6-3 against that list and have beaten the guy that is by far and away #1 contender... there's nothing really undeserving about that

lol @ sonnen having an easy route to anything

he's fought perhaps the top 3 LHWs ever in his past 3 fights, stopping one of them in the first round and his fights at middleweight, the fights that are actually relevant to any kind of title shot talk are

vitor belfort (3 fight ufc win streak) anderson silva (14 fight ufc win streak), michael bisping (4 fight ufc win streak), brian stann (3 fight ufc win streak), anderson silva (11 fight ufc win streak), nate marquardt (3 fight ufc win streak), yushin okami (3 fight ufc win streak), dan miller (3 fight ufc win streak), demian maia (4 fight ufc win streak)

if he beats vitor he would be 6-3 against that list and have beaten the guy that is by far and away #1 contender... there's nothing really undeserving about that

1 top win in two years is an easy route to a title shot, without a doubt.

I agree with Jarcare.

Vitor is undefeated since 2006 against everyone not named Anderson Silva or Jon Jones.

If Sonnet beats him, he'd earn a title shot.

1 top win in two years is an easy route to a title shot, without a doubt.

bisping and belfort are better combined wins than munoz and maia and that got weidman his title shot and look how that turned out

Beating Vitor right now is the best win you can get in that division, outside of the champ anyway.

If Chael beats Vitor then I'd be fine with giving him a title shot.

How is Evans much bigger than Sonnen or Weidman? Evans probably cuts to 205 from 215, Sonnen and Weidman both weigh over 205 when fighting at MW.

bisping and belfort are better combined wins than munoz and maia and that got weidman his title shot and look how that turned out

Those fights were 2 years apart :icon_idea

Weidman defeated Maia and Munoz withing 7 months, and there were no other visible contenders when the fight was first offered to Silva.

Big difference.

Back