• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

J Mccarthy: UFC don't allow Mike Beltran to travel for events because they don't like his moustache"

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Big John Mccarthy on UFC referee Mike Beltran: The truth is they (UFC) don't like his moustache. Thats why you won't see Mike Beltran travelling around most of the time. In fact, now they make him tuck it in. They think he's trying to bring attention to himself which he's not.

I've had major discussions with Mike about his moustache. One time i was like "dude it's just facial hair. Cut it off, let them get to know you and then grow it back again."
He just looked at me said "ain't fucking happening. Im a grown ass man, no one is telling me how i can look"

TnL157e.gif

1.gif

Big John Mccarthy on UFC referee Mike Beltran: The truth is they (UFC) don't like his moustache. Thats why you won't see Mike Beltran travelling around most of the time. In fact, now they make him tuck it in. They think he's trying to bring attention to himself which he's not.

I've had major discussions with Mike about his moustache. One time i was like "dude it's just facial hair. Cut it off, let them get to know you and then grow it back again."
He just looked at me said "ain't fucking happening. Im a grown ass man, no one is telling me how i can look"

TnL157e.gif

1.gif

I mean it is a bit distracting, but it’s fucking awesome. Just let him bang bro

Not sure why they don't like it, that's the sort of mustache that takes you places. It's probably a big reason why Mike has gotten a few acting gigs, it's part of his signature look that makes him stand out.

I mean it is a bit distracting, but it’s fucking awesome. Just let him bang bro

Its the exact type of distraction that there should be at a fuckin cage fighting event.

Just like unique fighter/team attire, the occasional live entrance music, and ceremonious presentations of titles and announcements of future contests.

Becoming “mainstream” didn’t have to mean becoming “vanilla as fuck”

Suitable response from him, "Fuck off, i'm allowed to have hair" WHat are they scared a fighter is going to grab it when he's breaking them up or some shit? Trying to bring attention to himself....Yeah cause all those refs coming up with John Mccarthy mock "Let's get it on!" type phrases aren't trying to draw any attention at all... Bald goof can go stick his head in a bowling ball polisher.

His mustache is incredibly stupid and he looks ridiculous, hair shy of neck tattoos and two hairs shy of face tattoos only because he can cut it off. You are a grown ass, ridiculous looking, man. His face and he can do what he wants but the UFC can do what it wants as well.

Would I discriminate against him in a similar situation? Absolutely not. I would only care about his abilities. If I was Dana would I take the opportunity to tell him he looks like a 12 year girl with pigtails stapled on his face? Absolutely a yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back