Izzy will have exactly one defense

Why is Romero a bad match up for Izzy?
Romero is a great wrestler but his top control is very mediocre.
Izzy showed some pretty decent grappling and scrambling abbilities.
On the feet, Izzy defense will hold up.

I see Romero getting some impresive takedowns early not doing much with it, then getting a knock down in the 3th and then slowing down.
I see Izzy being responsable and circling a lot and tagging Romero pretty bad, surviving the takedown and then winning the lasts rounds.

Izzy chin might be a bit tested in round 1 and 5 but no as much as in round 3.
Izzy will wobble Romero quite a bit too

I got Izzy by Ud or sd

Nah, Israel is gonna win via controversial decision against Romero, then they'll book Costa vs Romero 2 for the next title shot, then Costa will get injured, and Romero will fight for the title again. Because Romero.

Nah, Costa can't beat Izzy unless he catches Izzy early. Costa's overly aggressive style is perfect for a technical counter striker like Israel. Izzy will have Costa hitting nothing but air for 5 rounds straight. Izzy beats Costa 9/10 IMO.
Actually I think Romero is a bigger threat to Izzy because he is more patient and methodical, and because of his wrestling. If Izzy can get past Romero, I don't see him losing that belt for a long time.

Nah...

Based on style (forgetting about speed and overall skill for a minute) Izzy’s style should be easy pickings for a powerful wrestler who isn’t afraid of getting hit.

He tends to keep his feet planted when he’s punching—he’ll keep a wide base, throw a 1-2 without really moving his feet, bob and weave whatever comes back, and then smash fools on the counter-strikes.

This is how he made Whittaker—who is a very well-rounded and skilled fighter—look like a fool.

On paper, a blast-double or body-lock is just right there waiting for you, as Izzy leans back on his bobs and weaves.

But you have to be willing to eat a few to make it work.

Costa is gonna be a walking punching bag, I actually agree with Izzy, Jared might be his harder fight out of the current top contenders, if he gets past Whittaker that is.

if every wrestler is gonna stand with him he'll have a long run

Back