Izzy vs Khamzat

Lightning strikes once. Khabib catching Conor is not the blue print.

Khamzat is a bad match up for just about anyone. His pressure style and relentless takedowns/ground game is a huge threat. Izzy is an elite striker, but he lacks one strike stopping power. That leaves the door open for Khamzat to survive long enough in each round of the fight to make it messy and get a W via decision or stoppage on the ground.

It's a great fight and with the way MMA fans treat losses, I'd just assume they book it sooner rather than later. Both guys fight often and always look to finish. That's all I ask.
Takedown threat opens up a whole new dynamic in striking and I believe it’s the only way to beat Izzy at MW, mixing up pressure wrestling with high level striking. Enter Khamzat.
I doubt that a pure striker or a pure grappler has a chance against Izzy right now

People said this exact same stuff about Israel when he was coming up

Swedish Khabib is for real

lol, izzy's came in with a massive resume and in his 3rd fight he fought Brad Tavares

Khazmats 3rd he got a guy that walked back to the fence in a straight line with hands down and no head movement.
Thats like winning a game of tennis cause the other guy continually hits the ball into the net.

Hes unproven, but chances are, he'll be exposed.

Takedown threat opens up a whole new dynamic in striking and I believe it’s the only way to beat Izzy at MW, mixing up pressure wrestling with high level striking. Enter Khamzat.
I doubt that a pure striker or a pure grappler has a chance against Izzy right now

Khazmat = high level striking?

Lmao.

Khazmat = high level striking?

Lmao.
What’s so funny about that? He KOed a solid UFC vet with one punch in 17 seconds. No wind up, perfect technique and timing and devastating power.
The uppercut he KOed Aliskerov with was also a thing of beauty.
He spars with Gustafson on daily basis for years now. I have no doubt that he’s striking is high level

What’s so funny about that? He KOed a solid UFC vet with one punch in 17 seconds. No wind up, perfect technique and timing and devastating power.
He spars with Gustafson on daily basis for years now. I have no doubt that he’s striking is high level

Gerald did literally everything wrong. Walked back in a straight line. No lateral movement. You know what I get yelled at me multiple times per week? "circle circle - hands up!"

His back hit the cage. Hands down, did not even try to roll with the punch, just ate it. No where to go.

I'm sorry you can't quantify what high level striking is when you don't see right in front of you that Gerald did possibly the worst thing he could do.

he didn't even have his hands up ffs lmao

Gerald did literally everything wrong. Walked back in a straight line. No lateral movement. You know what I get yelled at me multiple times per week? "circle circle - hands up!"

His back hit the cage. Hands down, did not even try to roll with the punch, just ate it. No where to go.

I'm sorry you can't quantify what high level striking is when you don't see right in front of you that Gerald did possibly the worst thing he could do.

You could say shit like that often in hindsight about KO's

Still a very impressive win

Depends on Khamzats fight IQ, Izzy is smart as hell, he can play mind games, has huge fight experience, and is very well skilled / trained, would be a close fight, but depends on whether Khamzat can do more than the usual..

I have no doubt in my mind that Khamzat would knock you out cold even though you get yelled at to circle and keep your hands up. Costa looked like an amateur against Izzy. And that doesn’t mean he’s an amateur, that just shows you how good Izzy is. Khamzat made Gerald look like a fool because he’s levels above him. That doesn’t mean Gerald is a shit fighter.
Conor KOing Aldo in 13 seconds doesn’t mean Aldo is the worst guy he ever fought

Most people have never fought anyone like Izzy in their life.

That's why Rob etc looked like they did.

The guy has had 8 fights.

The notion is completely ridiculous

Most people have never fought anyone like Izzy in their life.

That's why Rob etc looked like they did.

The guy has had 8 fights.

The notion is completely ridiculous
Gastelum and Vettori looked just fine against Izzy and could’ve won those fights. It’s not like he’s invincible. Romero’s fight was very competitive as well. Styles make fights. Khamzat has a good style to beat Izzy. I’m not saying he will, I’m saying that he has a chance

I have no doubt in my mind that Khamzat would knock you out cold even though you get yelled at to circle and keep your hands up. Costa looked like an amateur against Izzy. And that doesn’t mean he’s an amateur, that just shows you how good Izzy is. Khamzat made Gerald look like a fool because he’s levels above him. That doesn’t mean Gerald is a shit fighter.
Conor KOing Aldo in 13 seconds doesn’t mean Aldo is the worst guy he ever fought

No Khazmat did not make Gerald look like a fool. He didn't open him up the same way Izzy did to Costa. Gerald made Gerald look like a fool, wtf fight where you watching lol

If it where Tennis it would be Khazmat won because Gerald double faulted every serve and hit every return into net.

Yes Khazmat made those other 2 look like fools though. Geralds not a shit fighter he has a record to back it up, but wtf was he doing in that fight he threw everything out the window.

Khazmat would have a hard time vs our local ams who aren't even signed to the UFC. Trust me, these guys often give Izzy his licks.

Silva got a title shot after 1 win

GSP got a title shot after 2 wins

Give Khamzat a shot at Izzy. He has the most interesting style of anyone at MW and will definitely bring the fight to Izzy. Why not?

No Khazmat did not make Gerald look like a fool. He didn't open him up the same way Izzy did to Costa. Gerald made Gerald look like a fool, wtf fight where you watching lol

If it where Tennis it would be Khazmat won because Gerald double faulted every serve and hit every return into net.

Yes Khazmat made those other 2 look like fools though. Geralds not a shit fighter he has a record to back it up, but wtf was he doing in that fight he threw everything out the window.

Khazmat would have a hard time vs our local ams who aren't even signed to the UFC. Trust me, these guys often give Izzy his licks.

You know why Gerald beck up and had his hands down? Because he was expecting a takedown. That’s what makes Khamzat so special. Everyone after his first 2 UFC fights thought he was just a wrestler. Prepare to wrestle with Khamzat and he will knock you out. Prepare to strike with him and he will take you down and maul you into oblivion

Khamzat runs thru Izzy but he would have trouble getting past the likes of Romero, jacare, etc
I don’t know about “running through” Israel, but those were the first two names that popped in my head to.

Romero, Jacare, hell even broken Weidman and Rockhold would be extremely tough matchups.

We have to give these guys time. Proclaiming them future champ after an impressive win is the stamp of Sherdog.

You know why Gerald beck up and had his hands down? Because he was expecting a takedown. That’s what makes Khamzat so special. Everyone after his first 2 UFC fights thought he was just a wrestler. Prepare to wrestle with Khamzat and he will knock you out. Prepare to strike with him and he will take you down and maul you into oblivion

ok, that does make sense, but we didn't get to see a true display of his skills - if he has them.

If he can do a showcase like Izzy did to brunson, that would legitimise him

Khamzat pressures him and takes Izzy down at will

Khamzat won’t do Costa’s stupid game plan of kickboxing at range and hoping Izzy gets tired (how stupid)

Khamzat taps Izzy in the 3rd

lmao

On the one hand we have a lifelong athlete, mma fighter, Olympian, arguably just outside GOAT status DC saying Izzy could probably be LHW champ too right now if he wanted.

And then on the other hand we have Shertards proclaiming, nah, Izzy would lose to some 3-0 can crusher.

What did Robert Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder famously say??

He has really good form and speed on his punches and kicks. But he can be reckless and wild at time, which can get him caught in the future if he's not careful.

Back