Izzy vs Khamzat

What’s so funny about that? He KOed a solid UFC vet with one punch in 17 seconds. No wind up, perfect technique and timing and devastating power.
The uppercut he KOed Aliskerov with was also a thing of beauty.
He spars with Gustafson on daily basis for years now. I have no doubt that he’s striking is high level
Solid? He’s 6-5 in the ufc and shit the bed

Just rewatched Vettori vs. Adesayna. Khamzat would easily dominate him on the ground (Vettori wrecked izzy in round 3 on the ground). Khamzat knows this and really wants this fight. Izzy will try to prepare for takedowns in later rounds and get wrecked by the power of Khamzat easily. Khamzat via submission or TKO round 3/4.

A lot of it would depend on Khamzat's cardio. In his fight against Ikram Aliskerov he looked tired after separating the clinch. You also need to consider that Izzy is extremely hard to take down, as well as keep him on the ground. My prediction is total domination and humiliation by Izzy.

I think Israel is an easier fight for Khamzat than Usman, though I would have Khamzat KOing Usman.

Vettori wrecked izzy in round 3 on the ground
That's weird because from what i saw he didn't land a single punch and needed to use all his limbs just to keep Adesanya from getting up.

Solid? He’s 6-5 in the ufc and shit the bed
6-5 in the UFC is solid. Besides two of those loses were split decisions. He was ranked #23 in the world at MW. He’s a good fighter. What can’t you understand?

Just rewatched Vettori vs. Adesayna. Khamzat would easily dominate him on the ground (Vettori wrecked izzy in round 3 on the ground). Khamzat knows this and really wants this fight. Izzy will try to prepare for takedowns in later rounds and get wrecked by the power of Khamzat easily. Khamzat via submission or TKO round 3/4.

/shertards

How is you can crushing bum going to take Israel down when Izzy sprawled on Yoel Romero with ease?

Vs Vettori was v1.2, we're at V4.0 now

Izzy is so good right now that he’s probably not losing to guys ranked at the moment. They are mostly strikers and I don’t see guys like Jared or Till dethroning him. Maybe Hermansson could pull of some unexpected sub like he did against Kelvin, but that’s also very unlikely.

Khamzat is tall and rangy and probably heavier than Izzy. He could pressure him with his wrestling to make him think about the TD so he could get a possibility to land something upstairs( like Khabib vs Conor). With Khamzat’s power and precision he could very well finish Izzy if he lands.

IMO he could be the biggest threat to Izzy at MW. What do you think?

Absolutely true

Last edited:
Back