Izzy vs Khabib

So he cuts extra weight to drain himself and be not as good because of his weight cut so that he can "hide" in the deepest, most stacked division MMA has ever seen, and in spite of this literally impossible weight cut, he's somehow an undefeated champion.

And that somehow makes sense to you

<Dany07>

Name a wrestler at LW that could out-wrestle Usman/Colby of WW. Tibau?

I love Izzy but I don’t remember Khabib ever being rocked multiple times and even dropped in a back and forth title fight. So In terms of who looks more “invincible” it’s Khabib imo.
And Khabib never bled or ever got his face injured in any way right?

No, prime Weidman couldn't keep up with Israel's footwork. His takedowns were not the strongest and Israel has solid defense.

I think many people, including myself, forgot how good Weidman was as a wrestler, because he went downhill so quickly in just a few years due damages sustained in his battles vs. Rockhold, Machida, and Romero.

As for Adesanya's takedown defense, he has great sprawl but showed flaws against takedown from the clinch and chain wrestling. Vettori, who is not on the same level as prime Weidman, yet he exposed it not too long ago, and made it looked easy.

Prime Weidman was the exact type of fighter that is the kryptonite of strikers like Adesanya. However, current Weidman is too battle torn and gets KO'd left and right.
Precisely. That's why i think Weidman would be a challenge but i doubt he would win.

even if you get a world class grappler like romero to fight him again, izzy just gonna run for 25 minutes while leg kicks none stop to ensure a win
Yoel didn't fight to type, that's why. He was more focused on baiting israel in for a shot or counter punch. Israel didn't bite and Yoel stuck to his plan.

2 counter punchers fainting and refusing to deviate from a gameplan made for a boring fight.

An active grappler like Weidman would do well but he's kind of shot.

Unless someone new steps up, izzy will reign for a long time. Even if someone kos him, i would favour him in a rematch.

Adesanya already has a better UFC resume than Khabib lol

He is P4P #1 now IMO
Poirier , McGregor, Rda, Johnson, Barboza, Roided Tibau, and al iaquinta.

Khabib also has longer win streak and look far more dominant than izzy.

I'd go with Izzy.

He has a... wait for it... TEN inch reach advantage. So you're talking one of the best strikers with a reach advantage like that, against a guy who must get close to him to win.

Sure Khabib if he gets hold of him, but I'd bet on Izzy keeping him at bay with his reach and movement, and knocking Khabib down/out with one of those nasty kicks.

Izzy has even been knocked out stiff (not in MMA but still)

Poirier , McGregor, Rda, Johnson, Barboza, Roided Tibau, and al iaquinta.

Khabib also has longer win streak and look far more dominant than izzy.
Silva, Costa, Romero, Gastelum, Brunson >

Khabibs the same height as gastelum. If he packs on muscle he might. Then again he might gas after 1 round. If Izzy was a LW he'd have no chance.

Silva, Costa, Romero, Gastelum, Brunson >
McGregor = Whittaker.
Romero >>> roided tibau.
Poirier >>> Costa.
Prime Rda >>>>>> Brunson 1.0.
Prime Michael Johnson >>> Brad tarvares.
Prime barboza >>>>>>45 years old silva.
Gastelum >>Al Iaquinta.

And khabib beat all his opponents without a single scratch on his face.

McGregor = Whittaker.
Romero >>> roided tibau.
Poirier >>> Costa.
Prime Rda >>>>>> Brunson 1.0.
Prime Michael Johnson >>> Brad tarvares.
Prime barboza >>>>>>45 years old silva.
Gastelum >>Al Iaquinta.

And khabib beat all his opponents without a single scratch on his face.
The fact you have to make an argument of khabib vs adesanya's resume is telling since khabib has been in the ufc for like a decade and izzy has been in the ufc a fraction as long

The fact you have to make an argument of khabib vs adesanya's resume is telling since khabib has been in the ufc for like a decade and izzy has been in the ufc a fraction as long
Lol this has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

khabib doesnt cut 30 lbs ... Even costa doesnt cut 30 lbs ( 20 lbs most likely )

cutting weight is water, you can't lose 30 lbs of water in a couple of days as a LW, he most likely cut 10-15 lbs of water, and diet during the training camp to lose the 10-15 lbs of extra fat.
@ColbyCovChamp no answer ignorant fool ?

Back