Izzy vs Khabib

Khabib does obviously. The one round he lost (Conor) he didn't really take that much damage. Whereas Israel almost got knocked the fuck out by Kelvin.

Reactions: HHJ
Izzy obviously looks 'cooler' because he knocks people out, Khabib is the style that would be needed to take down a striker like Izzy...if they where the exact same size and weight....like Khabib did to Conor, he drained Conors already small gas tank.

Obviously if they fought now, with the size differences, Izzy would circle him and leave Khabib face down in the canvas.

Middleweight just doesn't have the stylistic threat to Izzy, who is the most experienced striker at his physical peak.

Thats why KG did so well against Izzy. The takedown threat made it a tough fight.
My hot take is Weidman would be Izzy's biggest challenge.

Or if UFC could get Mousasi back.

even if you get a world class grappler like romero to fight him again, izzy just gonna run for 25 minutes while leg kicks none stop to ensure a win

I'm one of the most well-known Israel huggers on this site but he NEVER looked invincible. And that's what I like. All skills. Fucking beast. Pure technician.

So your saying Khabib isn't skill or a pure technician? I don't get it?

WW and MW are the strongest divisions by far. Perfect amount of speed , skill, and superior athleticism . LW looks like a bunch of slow weak midgets .

Brunson is a pressure grappler, as is Vettori

Khabib has never faced a wrestler like Colby or Usman

There's a reason he cuts 30lbs to hide at LW against strikers

Don't feed the troll, fellas.

Brunson is a pressure grappler, as is Vettori

Khabib has never faced a wrestler like Colby or Usman

There's a reason he cuts 30lbs to hide at LW against strikers

Bahahahaha Bahahahha Khabib has fought very good wrestlers, even Daniel Cromier will argue Khabib's wrestling for you.

WW and MW are the strongest divisions by far. Perfect amount of speed , skill, and superior athleticism . LW looks like a bunch of slow weak midgets .

In all fairness LW is much better now that bum-ass Conor retired.

So your saying Khabib isn't skill or a pure technician? I don't get it?
Never once said that. Khabib is certainly a technician on the ground. IMO he's unmatched by any past champions and today's 155 competitors.

Add to that his relentlessly pressure and pace and yes he does seem closer to being invincibe in his division. We can probably agree that Israel's striking is on another level as well but with Izzy's game there is less room for error if you know what I mean.

Fighters are not as threatening to Khabib when he's smothering them usually. Much less of a chance to get "caught" like Israel did in his last kickboxing match where he was dominating p4p champ Alex Periera.

Last edited:
Prime Weidman was the exact type of fighter that is the kryptonite of strikers like Adesanya. However, current Weidman is too battle torn and gets KO'd left and right.
No, prime Weidman couldn't keep up with Israel's footwork. His takedowns were not the strongest and Israel has solid defense.

Never once said that. Khabib is certainly a technician on the ground. IMO he's unmatched by any past champions and today's 155 competitors.

Add to that his relentlessly pressure and pace and yes he does seem closer to being invincibility in his division. We can probably agree that Israel's striking is on another level as well but with Izzy's game there is or more room for error if you know what I mean.

Fighters are not as threatening to Khabib when he's smothering them usually.

Oh ok I see what your saying now.. At first i took it as Izzy is skilled and technical but Khabib was not.. I was thinking what?

Izzy he has no one in that division he is too tall for that division.. Go back watch the Whittaker fight.. Robert just couldn't reach izzy and izzy just leaned back out of range and swung and landed...

Romero didn't fight him or wrestle him what everyone would of thought would happen..

Gas put on a good show with IZZY but I wouldn't say Gas is a great..

Costa did'nt do shit threw what 10 punches the whole fight and let his leg be chopped and the 2 times he got izzy against the fence he never tried a take down but some wild kick...

And Izzy division is full of that.. I can't say he is a great fighting mediocre fighters shorter fighters.. I mean he is the same height as Jones and STIPE. I'd like to see him fight Jones.

I'd give an edge to Khabib. His only black mark is to have not fight Ferguson... If he wins against Gaethje, he would have fight and win against some of the most talented fighter on Earth.

Israel is mighty impressive tho, and he's ballsy as fuck to call out the guys like this lol
Respect

Oh ok I see what your saying now.. At first i took it as Izzy is skilled and technical but Khabib was not.. I was thinking what?

Izzy he has no one in that division he is too tall for that division.. Go back watch the Whittaker fight.. Robert just couldn't reach izzy and izzy just leaned back out of range and swung and landed...

Romero didn't fight him or wrestle him what everyone would of thought would happen..

Gas put on a good show with IZZY but I wouldn't say Gas is a great..

Costa did'nt do shit threw what 10 punches the whole fight and let his leg be chopped and the 2 times he got izzy against the fence he never tried a take down but some wild kick...

And Izzy division is full of that.. I can't say he is a great fighting mediocre fighters shorter fighters.. I mean he is the same height as Jones and STIPE. I'd like to see him fight Jones.
That's an extremely unfair analysis of you to credit Izzy's success only to his height. That's also pretty much shitting on all the top guys at 185. By this logic, the tallest guys should be dominating in EVERY division.

The truth is that if you really believe this then you are missing out on all the details and the intricacies that are involved in Adesanya's striking game.

When Khabib first came into the UFC, it took me a while to appreciate his skills. At first I thought he was just another wrestler with mediocre/shit striking. But as he kept on winning and in more dominant fashion each time, I had not only becoming impressed with him being a top notch athlete for bed able to keep that pace and work rate, but I also had to educate myself on the things that Khabib was doing that made him different and superior to other wrestlers/grapplers. And then I really began to appreciate him much more.

I feel like that's what you need to do with Adesanya. He isn't doing much that other fighters don't do or have not done but he's just doing it on a much higher level. You talk about Israel's height but he's also fighting guys who are bigger than him weight wise. Guys who also have speed and power like Whittaker, Romero, and Costa. It takes more than height to do that.

Reactions: JAL
Izzy arguably lost 2 times: Vettori, Romero
Khabib - 1 time: Tibau

That's an extremely unfair analysis of you to credit Izzy's success only to his height. That's also pretty much shitting on all the top guys at 185. By this logic, the tallest guys should be dominating in EVERY division.

The truth is that if you really believe this then you are missing out on all the details and the intricacies that are involved in Adesanya's striking game.

When Khabib first came into the UFC, it took me a while to appreciate his skills. At first I thought he was just another wrestler with mediocre/shit striking. But as he kept on winning and in more dominant fashion each time, I had not only becoming impressed with him being a top notch athlete for bed able to keep that pace and work rate, but I also had to educate myself on the things that Khabib was doing that made him different and superior to other wrestlers/grapplers. And then I really began to appreciate him much more.

I feel like that's what you need to do with Adesanya. He isn't doing much that other fighters don't do or have not done but he's just doing it on a much higher level. You talk about Israel's height but he's also fighting guys who are bigger than him weight wise. Guys who also have speed and power like Whittaker, Romero, and Costa. It takes more than height to do that.

No actually height is a big factor and reach.. rewatch the Whittaker fight, Whittaker probably wins that fight if Adesanya wasn't able to just lean back and get out of punching range.. Conor Mcgregor made the speach on it, and its true 'Not One Bit There Not On My Level' 'You Gotta Have Size, Reach, Length' 'You Gotta Have Some Attributes' 'If You Come In Anywhere Equal To Me I'm Gonna Rip You Whole Head Of' and its very true why Jones has been some dominate why Spider was so dominate.. Why Steven Struve was a thing.

Adesanya already has a better UFC resume than Khabib lol

He is P4P #1 now IMO

Lightweight may be deeper overall but welterweight at the top has worse matchups for him

And he knows this
when khabib started fighting at LW both Usman and Coby were fighting in Bush leagues not the UFC.. and why would a champ leaves his division and goes up...

if Usman and Colby have the balls they should come down to LW since Khabib is the DRAW not them.. and if they cant make the weight then they're too big and are pussies for calling out a guy smaller than them.

Back