Ive pinpointed my problem with Logan (2017)

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Out of all the so called comic book masterpieces, this is my least favorite. Its good, but I could never clearly explain my problems with it. I know everyone loses their shit over this movie, but here is my biggest problem:

The movie plays out as if we need to ignore every other x men film. I get it, it's supposed to be "in the future" in an "alternative timeline". Im sorry....i can't ignore the shit that went down in x-2 or days of future past or even apocolypse.

You mean you want me to just accept that they split the timeline in DOFP, maybe or maybe not erasing X men 3? Is it the future of the x men apocolypse timeline or the x3 timeline?

now in Logan they just say "hey its an alternate timeline, or is it?" Like I don't know bitch, you tell me.

How did we get to Logan being a limo driver and prof x having dementia. Which of the 4 possible timelines is it in? Who the fuck is calaban?

I don't hate the movie, but I feel like the violence made people go nuts over it. The younger doppleganger thing is played out, the the relationship with Logan and x23 isn't believable at the end. And crazy how she speaks with a perfect English accent only when hes dying but nowhere else in the film.

Also Patrick Stewart was overracting.

Like I said not terrible but imo it's not even the best x men film.

She’s beautiful man fuck you even in 2017 she’s at least a Des Moines Dime.

tn640_151b91fd5f8743fe2b0192999a0e299b_3281.jpg

Last edited:
Exempting Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, Logan is the best superhero movie ever made and it's not even close. Moreover, its greatness is not only not diminished by your complaint that it bypasses the garbage rebooted franchise that followed the original trilogy*, that is part of what makes it great. As for it "erasing" X3, I'm pretty sure Logan's having killed Jean is still a part of his general misery. And this is to say nothing of its brilliant reworking of the Western genre with Shane and Unforgiven informing the narrative and character arc and the outstanding performance from Hugh Jackman. To echo @Peteyandjia, with how many shitty superhero movies there are out there, how anyone can complain about legit top-notch filmmaking as is on display in Logan is beyond me.

*For the record, First Class was excellent, but everything else in the new franchise is just dog shit IMO.

One of the best comic book movie ever made. Fox finally made a honest-to-goodness great Wolverine movie. Logan also enters trivia history as one of the rare movies where the 3rd film is better than the first two installments. The R-rating not only benefited the film's action sequence but it also allowed Stewart the freedom to cut loose and give a masterful, heartbreaking performance. Xavier and Logan also share an amazing chemistry and relationship dynamics that really shines naturally after sharing the screen together for the past 17 years.

Logan is to superheroes as Unforgiven was to western; it's a mature, superhero deconstruction film that's part modern nihilistic western and part road-trip adventure thriller. It's a fitting, magnificent send-off to Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Exempting Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, Logan is the best superhero movie ever made and it's not even close. Moreover, its greatness is not only not diminished by your complaint that it bypasses the garbage rebooted franchise that followed the original trilogy*, that is part of what makes it great. As for it "erasing" X3, I'm pretty sure Logan's having killed Jean is still a part of his general misery. And this is to say nothing of its brilliant reworking of the Western genre with Shane and Unforgiven informing the narrative and character arc and the outstanding performance from Hugh Jackman. To echo @Peteyandjia, with how many shitty superhero movies there are out there, how anyone can complain about legit top-notch filmmaking as is on display in Logan is beyond me.

*For the record, First Class was excellent, but everything else in the new franchise is just dog shit IMO.

Oh jeez, *puke*.

Its good, like i said. Not great

First Class was the shit.

It seems like a great movie because of its comparison to some of the other x men films imo. If it came out and the other films didnt come out it wouldn't look as good

I agree

Its the Joker effect

Standard film that comic book geeks put on a pedestal

Back