I've got no time to go to the gym...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by The Sickness, Nov 26, 2005.

1. The Sickness

The Sickness Ichizoku

Ridin' shotgun with Alexander Karelin in Fedor's b
    Sound familiar?? Well, I don't either. So what I've done is stripped down my workouts into as small a fragment as I can. The most I can ever spend in the gym is 45 mins. So here is my routine, simple and sturdy, I simply try to do more weight, or add a set every week.
    Day 1
    Deadlift
    Pullups
    Shrug

Day 2
    Bench
    Dips

Day 3
    Squat
    Overhead Press

Because I train so much technique, this is the most strength training I can get in. I tweak the sets and reps every week, trying to fool my body. In another couple of weeks, I will also tweak the excercises, but not the number of them I do. If you have only a little time each day, a couple days a week, you can still make gains. I feel very strong right now. Good luck...

2. Keiron

Keiron This gun's for hire

My strength workout is very similar to yours, I also have no time or desire to do many excersizes, so I have three days consisting of: Chest/tris - shoulders - back/legs/biceps every workout takes about one our and I do like 2 or 3 excersises....and it works great, I still make gains, you just have top train hardcore, and put everything into your sessions...

3. Duncon76

Duncon76 Blue Belt

Do you have any space at home to set up shop?

4. onslaught61

onslaught61 White Belt

how many sets are you doing? 45 min is plenty for two exercises

5. Keiron

Keiron This gun's for hire

I for one manage with my regular bench, I use the barbell for everything...bench, military press, bent over rows, good mornings, deadlifts, french press, curls..etc