Media it's unreal how fast and explosive prime Aldo was.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Aldo was like a human-machine gun in the second Mendes fight. his speed and explosiveness were unreal. Same with Chad Mendes. It's the most explosive fight I've ever seen,

Aldo was a God (no homo).

He's still explosive but he's just a bit more sluggish

He's 33 years old but he's very old in fighting years. All those years of weight cutting without a nutritionist and having some wars takes a toll

Those brutal leg kicks he landed on Faber are forever etched in my mind..

Awesome fight. It's like the video was set to 1.5x speed.

Go watch his WEC fight against Mike Brown.

That was a super human performance imo.

He's 33 years old but he's very old in fighting years. All those years of weight cutting without a nutritionist and having some wars takes a toll
He's still explosive but he has clearly slowed down. he was starting to look sluggish after the first holloway fight.

Holy shit Aldo is only 33 years old? That's crazy.

I wouldn't even say that he was at his prime in the Mendes fight, maybe just coming out of it. You could argue he was at his best at the end of WEC. Another thing, as good as his kicks were, he's just a tad too tight and wild with his punches. It's unfortunate because he had the physical tools to be even better than he was.

Hell of a fight.

Pre-USADA Mendes was an animal.
Aldo back in the day when he threw leg kicks was a total monster.

Prime Aldo was a joy to watch.
Sucks we never got Aldo vs. Pettis

Go watch his WEC fight against Mike Brown.

That was a super human performance imo.
IMO the most "superhuman" performance from Aldo was when he fought Hominick. his head movement and reflex were unreal in that fight, Hominick was hitting the air in the first 3-4 round.

imo the most "super human" performance from aldo was when when he fought hominick. his headmovement and reflex was unreal in that fight, mark was hitting air in the first 3-4 round.
Not gonna argue with that. Aldo is a living legend.

Jose vs Frankie 2 was also incredible performance by Jose.

In my book both fighters rank as top 15 best fighters in history and Aldo as consensus top 3 and possibly no.1 ever. I always go back and forth with him and DJ. Two flawless athletes.

Aldo has so many remarkable performances under his belt...Edgar 1 & 2, Mendes 1 & 2, KenFlo, Hominick, Faber, Brown...and those are all highest tier possible in this sport.

before the illuminati took over ufc...
BCnbaDCCcAAD3g-.jpg

Imo prime Aldo is the best mma fighter we have seen in the octogan. I haven't seen anyone as complete as him except MM.

He still fights as if he thinks he's the champ. what I mean is that he's too patient now a days and acts like his opponents need to come to him and take something from him. He's almost a counter fighter to a fault.

Leg destroying Aldo is the best Aldo.

aldo´s performances were insane when he relied on his kickboxing fundamentals, solid dutch style combinations.. since the lamas fight he has tried to outbox his opponents and not having the same sucess as he used to.

Also vs Mendes 2 was one of the best fights I have seen, just the two best feather weights in the world at the peak of their technique and physique throwing full force for 5 rounds.

Back