Its sad by Cody is probably about done fighting

It's probably going to be Dillashaw vs. Cruz II next.

If Cruz wins again, Cody Cruz II makes sense. All Cody needs is a decent win between then.
I'd like to see Garbrandt vs Assuncao, with the winner getting a Title shot.

Marlon Moraes is the future champ. You never hear TJ mention this guys name. Nobody wants any part of him.

And TJ isn't "so far ahead in skill".

There was luck in the 1st fight.

TJ got saved by the bell in the 1st fight. Props on TJ for winning.

Solid fights that seems like where both guys are definitely capable of beating each other.

Cody is also 27. Way too early for retirement talk.

he may be 27, but his back is 85yo.

What else is he gonna do? Still has to provide for his family.

A lot of people wishing negative harm to Cody. I actually dislike the neck tats manlet dork. But would not wish him concussions and back problems.

Cody took a lot of damage at the end of that fight, unnecessarily imo..I don't think he can possibly be the same fighter after those two ko's. Its the fact that he really seems to rely too heavily on his speed, and not nearly enough on defense, but he seemed even more hittable in this fight than the last..I dont know I just wish him the best moving forward and hopefully he can start making smart decisions with his money.

Cody has the skills to beat tj. He just needs to fuckin have a smarter gameplan instaead of just staying in front of him throwing his hooks. The first drop that happen on Cody, he went in the kill way to fuckin aggressive over a trip. Tj kinda tripped a lil but I think Cody thought he was dazed or some shit. Cody did do good throwing a lot of kicks this time. If they ever rematch, Cody needs to just mix it up instead of just using his boxing.

Cody has the skills to beat tj. He just needs to fuckin have a smarter gameplan instaead of just staying in front of him throwing his hooks. The first drop that happen on Cody, he went in the kill way to fuckin aggressive over a trip. Tj kinda tripped a lil but I think Cody thought he was dazed or some shit. Cody did do good throwing a lot of kicks this time. If they ever rematch, Cody needs to just

Cody needs to leave his beloved TAM to evolve as a fighter and a human being

Good fucking grief.

TJ just knocked out Cody 2 fights ina row. He did not deserve this fight, let alone the next fight vs TJ if he wins 1.

If you get KTFO 2 fights in a row, start climbing the ladder. Cody needs a tune up fight vs a Nobody, then maybe a top 15 guy, then maybe a top 5 guy NOT named TJ and then he can start to creep into a 3rd fight picture

Good fucking grief.

TJ just knocked out Cody 2 fights ina row. He did not deserve this fight, let alone the next fight vs TJ if he wins 1.

If you get KTFO 2 fights in a row, start climbing the ladder. Cody needs a tune up fight vs a Nobody, then maybe a top 15 guy, then maybe a top 5 guy NOT named TJ and then he can start to creep into a 3rd fight picture

Cody is overrated as fuck, the kid trained for like a full decade to beat Cruz specifically and it worked but he was barely a top 10 fighter before that, just talked his way into that Cruz fight.

i was with you up until this part.

he's not that far ahead of Cody in terms of skills. Cody nearly finished him in the 1st fight and hurt him a couple times in this fight. the difference between TJ and Cody in terms of skills is very small.

don't forget that Cody completely owned Cruz when he fought him and TJ struggled with Cruz.

the real difference is that TJ is stronger mentally because he's able to keep control of his emotions and not let them get the better of him the way Cody does. TJ is also more defensively sound in the pocket than Cody is during exchanges. everything else is quite even in my opinion.
I agree with you on this, but I'd say TJ has better footwork/angles, as well. Cody's speed makes up for it and if he can learn to get his emotions in check and be more methodical instead of hunting for the finish, he can be a title holder again. He's gotta go the Poirer route and learn to let the finish come instead of chasing it and end up getting finished himself. Had he stayed patient when he hurt TJ in this fight, he probably would have won.

Jones beat DC Twice. And then DC beat Anthony Jhonson X2, Alex Gus, Volkav, and then Stipe and became a 2 weight champ.
TJ didn’t get busted for steroids though. Not even once. Jones getting busted twice... DC can get the pass.

Tj is a far superior striker. The skill gap is significant. Cody is faster though so that can mask it at times.

TJ finished Cody with strikes in the 2nd round, and then in the 1st round. Thats a significant difference. Doesn't happen twice by fluke.

if he's the "far superior" striker why did he nearly get KO'd in the first fight and hurt at least twice in this fight? it's not like these fights were long, they both were under under 2 rds.

when i hear "far superior striker' i think of Anderson Silva completely owning Chris Leben in every facet of striking, i think of someone that is so far ahead of the other guy the other guy CANNOT HURT HIM.

this is not the case with Cody and TJ. if the other guy can hurt you, he's not THAT far behind you in skill level.

Back