Its sad by Cody is probably about done fighting

if he's the "far superior" striker why did he nearly get KO'd in the first fight and hurt at least twice in this fight? it's not like these fights were long, they both were under under 2 rds.

when i hear "far superior striker' i think of Anderson Silva completely owning Chris Leben in every facet of striking, i think of someone that is so far ahead of the other guy the other guy CANNOT HURT HIM.

this is not the case with Cody and TJ. if the other guy can hurt you, he's not THAT far behind you in skill level.

Already said it in another post lol......but Cody is faster. Speed kills. But TJ can take his best shot, Cody can't take TJs best shot.

The difference in actual skill is fucking glaring tbh, like are you kids even serious when you say this horseshit? Did you miss every single time Cody telegraphed his big, looping, wild punches that ultimately got him counter KOed? TWICE!?!?!?!?! in the same god damn way!

if he's the "far superior" striker why did he nearly get KO'd in the first fight and hurt at least twice in this fight? it's not like these fights were long, they both were under under 2 rds.

when i hear "far superior striker' i think of Anderson Silva completely owning Chris Leben in every facet of striking, i think of someone that is so far ahead of the other guy the other guy CANNOT HURT HIM.

this is not the case with Cody and TJ. if the other guy can hurt you, he's not THAT far behind you in skill level.

Already said it in another post lol......but Cody is faster. Speed kills. But TJ can take his best shot, Cody can't take TJs best shot.

The difference in actual skill is fucking glaring tbh, like are you kids even serious when you say this horseshit? Did you miss every single time Cody telegraphed his big, looping, wild punches that ultimately got him counter KOed? TWICE!?!?!?!?! in the same god damn way!

Holy shit I hope they fight a 3rd time so I can make a killing betting against you guys, since you obviously dont use your eyes

He'll always have that knockout over Dillashaw in training. Nothing can take that away from him.

Where is that video at btw?

Cody has the skills to beat tj. He just needs to fuckin have a smarter gameplan instaead of just staying in front of him throwing his hooks. The first drop that happen on Cody, he went in the kill way to fuckin aggressive over a trip. Tj kinda tripped a lil but I think Cody thought he was dazed or some shit. Cody did do good throwing a lot of kicks this time. If they ever rematch, Cody needs to just mix it up instead of just using his boxing.

There ain't no other match to be had.

TJ's gonna make sure he's got 2 wins and no losses over his bitter rival no matter what.

Marlon Moraes IMO will be the biggest problem for TJ in the future.

I wouldn't sweat it. Theres no shame in being a gatekeeper. He can cash in and make smart investments. He could be very well off at age 30.

SOOOOOOO similar to Rousey: tough guy act, poop face, about "loyalty", a bully, did not evolve after a loss, did not confront the media after loss, were undefeated when they lost the title, very abusive/emotional/hot headed people and hyped by the UFC.

Last edited:
I think Cody should take some time off and fight someone outside of the Top 5, and keep him FAR AWAY from Moraes, TJ cleaned Cody's Chin, Marlon will most likely take it out the market. He's got legit power in just about every single bone.
Former champ should fight hitters like moraes, or lineka, similar to how aldo fought hard hitting Jeremy.

Those were the kind of loses a man really might never come back from. He's also said recently he doesn't plan on fighting much longer. AND hes already had serious back problems.

its hard to get up and keep training with that fire when you know there is a man out there thats already KO-ed you twice, and is so far ahead of you it'll be nearly impossible to close the skill gap.

Hes so young but he might hang them up within the next 1-3 fights.

Joe B had a great career.

5 years after his loss to MM, he finally lost again.
Up till now, his only losses were 2x to Cruz, and 2x to MM.

His record is 25-5. He is married to Megan Olivi.

I know we all love a champ, but Joe B has quietly been an inspiration, committed to excellence without the glory and millions that come with a championship.

SOOOOOOO similar to Rousey: tough guy-girl act, poop face, about "loyalty", a bully, did not evolve after a loss, insecure, projects false confidence, did not confront the media after losing, highly emotional, were liked unanimously until TUF exposed them and made them look bad, were undefeated when they lost the title and both given immediate title fights following the loss.

on top of what you said, he also seems like a guy who will end up slurring his words if he fights another 5+ years, maybe its his accent but he already sounds slightly punch drunk when talking.

Holy shit I hope they fight a 3rd time so I can make a killing betting against you guys, since you obviously dont use your eyes

did you miss every single big looping wild punch that you like to describe, those wild looping punches, THAT HIT AND ROCKED TJ??? did you see THOSE punches? or did you just watch the 3 sec gif of the end of each fight?

it wasn't a 1 sided beating in either fight, Cody nearly won both fights.

Last edited:
did you miss every single big looping wild punch that you like to describe, those wild looping punches, THAT HIT AND ROCKED TJ??? did you see THOSE punches? or did you just watch the 3 sec gif of the end of each fight?

Yes, Cody nearly won in his back to back KO loses. Especially in this last one in the first round. So close........

Try really hard to comprehend what I am about to say. TJ can be a much better striker, with out that implying Cody sucks. One does not=the other. I never said Cody sucks or is not a good striker or cant hurt TJ. I only said TJ is much more SKILLED striker. That is a factoid at this point.

A much more SKILLED striker can still lose or get caught by a lesser skilled striker gifted with immense speed/power.

Yes, Cody nearly won in his back to back KO loses. Especially in this last one in the first round. So close........

Try really hard to comprehend what I am about to say. TJ can be a much better striker, with out that implying Cody sucks. One does not=the other. I never said Cody sucks or is not a good striker or cant hurt TJ. I only said TJ is much more SKILLED striker. That is a factoid at this point.

A much more SKILLED striker can still lose or get caught by a lesser skilled striker gifted with immense speed/power.

SOOOOOOO similar to Rousey: tough guy act, poop face, about "loyalty", a bully, did not evolve after a loss, did not confront the media after loss, were undefeated when they lost the title, very emotional people and hyped by the UFC.
I could be wrong but didn’t Cody do a press conference the night he lost to TJ the first time?

Joe B had a great career.

5 years after his loss to MM, he finally lost again.
Up till now, his only losses were 2x to Cruz, and 2x to MM.

His record is 25-5. He is married to Megan Olivi.

I know we all love a champ, but Joe B has quietly been an inspiration, committed to excellence without the glory and millions that come with a championship.
Lucky bastard gets to taste Megan's naughty bits every night.

I could be wrong but didn’t Cody do a press conference the night he lost to TJ the first time?
You might be right bro, and he was talking it up to the camera too (i.e. "I never want to put my mom and wife thru that again"), but this time he had absolutely no success and got hot fucking crushed steamrolled (i.e. Ronda vs Nunes) so he can't play mental gymnastics anymore and has to accept dat he gatekeeper cuckold.

you try an comprehend THIS with your condescending attitude even though you're the one who is misinterpreting what i say. just because a guy loses twice doesn't mean he's so far away in terms of skill level. it means on those 2 days it wasn't his day.

this isn't a video game where you can measure skill by a power bar. there's things that TJ is better at than Cody, and there's also things that Cody is better at than TJ. it's not as clear cut as you think.

i never said you thought Cody sucks, i said that there isn't A MASSIVE GAP IN SKILL LEVEL. if there WAS, Cody wouldn't have been able to hit TJ and hurt him.

do you want to see a "FAR SUPERIOR STRIKER" fight guys that he's far superior than? watch Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben, watch Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin, watch JDS vs Mir. but TJ/Cody fights are definitely NOT a sign of one guy being a far superior striker than the other.

TJ didn't beat Cody because he's way more skillful than Cody, he beat Cody because Cody is DUMB.

Back