• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's only ducking if it's people in your own weight class

Except it was going to happen until cyROID got caught doing what everyone with eyes knew she was doing, which killed the fight (and SF's 145lb division). This is according to Scot Coker and cyROID's own attorney. It was only AFTER that that Ronda said only @ 135. I know Ronda's haters feruse to accept those facts, but they are the facts.
Cyborg could have saved the sport and wreck that whole ronda hype train before it even started if it wasnt for usada.

A lot of weird rants going on today lol

All of the aforementioned people are expected to go fight the very best fighter a weightclass up.

Moose never fought Jon Jones or Fedor
Bj moved yp and got wrecked by GSP, Rory and Diaz so it shows that moving up, regardless of skill, can easily be negated by size when the bigger guy is also skilled.

Wanderlei was juiced to the gills (LHW outweighs a HW). I don't wanna do this because Wanderlei is my favourite MMA fighter of all time but being able to load up with ANY PeD you want, helps.

Manhoef would get wrecked if he moved up and fought the best a weightclass up too. He wasn't even that good of a fighter in his own weightclass.
The ped bulk of wand is a good point but .... dan henderson did it too even in the ufc with usada(mw to lhw) so i just meant its possible.

I would agree but size matters so its unfair to the smaller GOAT to fight someone of possibly equal or greater skill who is also naturally bigger.

GSP knows this as he took full advantage of his size (and vaseline) vs BJ Penn.

A true fit 170lb BJ Penn would be a nightmare match up for GSP but Penn wasn't a real 170lb WW fighter. He was a fat chubby LW.

This is why GSP knew not to try it vs Silva. Size matters especially with skill level is roughly equal in overall effectiveness.
I am a huge BJ fan, but he would have had to develop a work ethic to be any threat to GSP. Their first fight was as close as BJ ever got, and it wasn't that close to be controversial. His weight was never the problem, his motivation was.

Also, while we are on the subject, GSP and Anderson both made their opponents look terrible. That is why I think the super-fight never happened. One of them would have looked bad, and the other would have been the undisputed greatest. As I recall at various times they both were open to the fight, and after the Leites fight was the only time they both were interested, but Dana was not.

When the GOATs of 2 weight classes and current number 1 and 2 p4p are fighting in their primes, and they are only separated by 15 lbs, and one fighter refuses to fight the other, that's ducking.
You do realize that a 15 pound difference when competing at that level is a HUGE factor.

What am I saying, of course you don't know or else you wouldn't have typed that idiotic comnent.

I agree for the most part but in some like Ronda who fought at 145lbs then said she was only going to 135lbs to beat Miesha then fight Cyborg after as the fight would be bigger but refused to do is ducking. If you have no intention don't mention it, all it does is hurt your legacy when you never attempted to make the fight you "wanted".

Also GSP saying Anderson was too big and he wasn't a real middleweight then fighting the weakest champion the weightclass has had since Tanner is pretty much admitting he avoided the Anderson fight. Ain't like Silva any bigger then Bisping.

Each case is different.

Too bad for Cybro she got caught as the juicehead we all knew she was(is), got suspended and destroyed her division, and Strikeforce folded before she could come back. Then you might have an argument.

Becoming a two and possibly 3 division champ is arguably bigger than fighting Anderson now, and in their prime gzp hadn't even cleaned out ww yet. WW wasn't a weak division like mw, the only reason Andy even took any lhw fights was because there were literally no contenders at mw.
I'm not saying George Pierre was a duck. Just that he quacked like one that's all.

DUCKING is when you avoid people in your own weight class. for example, Conor at 155 lbs.

People forget that the motherfucker in the weight class up cuts weight too. Anyone that make this kind of bogus claim is a complete tool and should be treated as such.

Yeah, but then you read that Demetrious or Perez weigh the same or more fight day than Garbrandt and lines get a little blurred.

I agree. Anyone who misses weight, or pulls out of fights during fight week for "illness", is ducking their natural weight class.

For example, GSP made weight every single time -- not ducking weight.

Khabib missed weight multiple times, and has pulled out of fights, so he's 100% ducking 170. If you can't make weight 100% of the time, you shouldn't be allowed to fight at that weight.

As fighters age, cutting weight gets harder, yet despite getting older, Khabib has made 155 3 times in a row now. How did this happen? How did Khabib manage to make weight consistently when he got older while having problems with making weight in the past? Oh, it's because he sought professional help and actually got a decent nutritionist, which is proof enough that Khabib's past problems with making weight stemmed from his poor weight cutting methods, not because he was too big for the weightclass.

Anyone claiming Khabib ducking 170 when he has proven he can reliably make weight is a dumbfuck.

Am I the only one on here who watched the Anderson vs Maia Abu Dabi PPV?

Or am I crazy? (It's possible)

I distinctly remember GSP there, and during the event the camera was on GSP and Rogan was talking about how GSP was going to face Anderson in their next match (I don't recall if they specificied a weight).

Then Anderson put on one of his famous stinkers and it was a shit fight and they pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Anyone else? At this point I just want to know if I am crazy or maybe this is some sort of Mandela Effect shit and I'm from a "different timeline" or whatever the theory is.

Either way, I remember that shit clear as day. I remember thinking it was weird that GSP flew halfway around the world and they didn't follow they with it and I definitely remember it being discussed during the live broadcast.

Edit : found it, sort of

IMG_3412.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
being accused of ducking for not fighting outside your normal weight class is as worthless as tits on a bull.

"Khabib should quit ducking Woodley"

"GSP ducked Anderson for years"

"Jones ducked HW his whole career" (and I absolutely despise Jones)

DUCKING is when you avoid people in your own weight class. for example, Conor at 155 lbs.

People forget that the motherfucker in the weight class up cuts weight too. Anyone that make this kind of bogus claim is a complete tool and should be treated as such.

Just when I thought I had lost hope.....I found someone who makes sense. lol

Yes, ducking is only applicable to your division.

Yes, ducking is only applicable to your division.

Mostly true but like most things I think there is a "gray area" to it.

If a fighter is willing to fight someone else at a particular weight they should not be using weight as a reason to avoid one specific person.

Examples:

Ronda willing to fight Gina Carano at 145 but not Cyborg. (Smart move)

GSP willing to fight Bisping at MW but not Anderson or Whittaker
(But in fairness GSP never changed his story, said he needed time to gain weight properly and he seemed to be willing to fight Anderson at 170 or catchweight, as indicated in my post above)

I feel the need to point out a flaw in logic:

"They are only one weightclass apart so they should fight."

This comes from boxing where weight classes are MUCH closer together, often less then ten pounds, even 3-5 pounds at lower weights.

15 pounds is a big fucking deal. Anyone assuming a fighter should be able to handle a fighter of similar skill who is 15 pounds heavier (outside of HW) is a bit naive, imo.

Mostly true but like most things I think there is a "gray area" to it.

If a fighter is willing to fight someone else at a particular weight they should not be using weight as a reason to avoid one specific person.

Examples:

Ronda willing to fight Gina Carano at 145 but not Cyborg. (Smart move)

GSP willing to fight Bisping at MW but not Anderson or Whittaker
(But in fairness GSP never changed his story, said he needed time to gain weight properly and he seemed to be willing to fight Anderson at 170 or catchweight, as indicated in my post above)

Yes, I agree. Some guys are not fighting at their natural weight. Extreme weight cuts are a thing. Can we consider this a form of "ducking"? I would think so. However, if a guy is dominant in his division, I think it an unfair argument to say "what about blah, blah, blah?" if that guy isn't in your division. He truthfully only has to fight those in his division. Yeah, there can be a gray area.

An entire UFC division is getting shut down because of somebody not fighting a guy who is "outside his division."

"Dana angrily told me that I am fighting TJ, once again, with no other option or say in my career, and against the plans we had previously laid out. He went on further to say that if I didn’t take the fight against TJ, and drop Borg as the opponent, he would get rid of the entire flyweight division."--Mouse (somewhere in Asia, "traded")

Yes, I agree. Some guys are not fighting at their natural weight. Extreme weight cuts are a thing. Can we consider this a form of "ducking"? I would think so. However, if a guy is dominant in his division, I think it an unfair argument to say "what about blah, blah, blah?" if that guy isn't in your division. He truthfully only has to fight those in his division. Yeah, there can be a gray area.

If they can make the weight, good for them. Regardless of how much they cut.

Now these guys that miss by 7-8 pounds and weigh in heavier the second time or don't bother trying to cut further, they are straight up cheating and they (UFC) need to stop rewarding this behavior by letting these guys win fights against smaller opponents who were professional enough to make weight and classy/dumb enough to fight their overweight cheating opponent.

If I was making the rules:

Miss weight 1x by 3 lbs or less, no biggie

Miss by 4 or more, you are moving up, mandatory.

(Pulling out in this scenario would have to count the same as missing weight.)

Agree with the TS. Tho some fighters are obviously abusing of shameless weight cutting.They may be extreme exceptions.

Back