• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's only ducking if it's people in your own weight class

It's only ducking if you don't actually fight the opponent too.

Delays are not "ducks".

When the GOATs of 2 weight classes and current number 1 and 2 p4p are fighting in their primes, and they are only separated by 15 lbs, and one fighter refuses to fight the other, that's ducking.
Incorrect. You're entitled to your incorrect opinion though.

being accused of ducking for not fighting outside your normal weight class is as worthless as tits on a bull.

"Khabib should quit ducking Woodley"

"GSP ducked Anderson for years"

"Jones ducked HW his whole career" (and I absolutely despise Jones)

DUCKING is when you avoid people in your own weight class. for example, Conor at 155 lbs.

People forget that the motherfucker in the weight class up cuts weight too. Anyone that make this kind of bogus claim is a complete tool and should be treated as such.
10/10 thread, could not agree more.

I agree for the most part but in some like Ronda who fought at 145lbs then said she was only going to 135lbs to beat Miesha then fight Cyborg after as the fight would be bigger but refused to do is ducking. If you have no intention don't mention it, all it does is hurt your legacy when you never attempted to make the fight you "wanted".

Also GSP saying Anderson was too big and he wasn't a real middleweight then fighting the weakest champion the weightclass has had since Tanner is pretty much admitting he avoided the Anderson fight. Ain't like Silva any bigger then Bisping.

Each case is different.
Except it was going to happen until cyROID got caught doing what everyone with eyes knew she was doing, which killed the fight (and SF's 145lb division). This is according to Scot Coker and cyROID's own attorney. It was only AFTER that that Ronda said only @ 135. I know Ronda's haters refuse to accept those facts, but they are the facts.

Last edited:
When the GOATs of 2 weight classes and current number 1 and 2 p4p are fighting in their primes, and they are only separated by 15 lbs, and one fighter refuses to fight the other, that's ducking.

Which fighters are you talking about? Here are the UFC's pound-for-pound rankings:

#1 Cormier
#2 Nurmagomedov
#3 Jones
#4 Dillashaw
#5 Holloway

No one in that list is 15 pounds apart until you get to Dillashaw and Holloway, and I'm guessing those aren't the fighters you're talking about.

Beyond that, 15 pounds is quite a big difference - more than a weight class in plenty of cases. Two fighters 15 pounds apart aren't comparable unless they're heavyweights, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

"Only" 15 pounds. You went full retard. Did you see what a 15 pounds difference looked like lately when Rory fought Mousasi?

Why did GSP move to 185 to fight Bisping? Face it, he ducked. Hard.

being accused of ducking for not fighting outside your normal weight class is as worthless as tits on a bull.

DUCKING is when you avoid people in your own weight class. for example, Conor at 155 lbs.

People forget that the motherfucker in the weight class up cuts weight too. Anyone that make this kind of bogus claim is a complete tool and should be treated as such.
Bullshit

Ducking is being a coward and only fighting favorable match-ups. An example would be how Frankie Edgar ducked JDS for years. I can't really respect fighters like that. He obviously was scared of Juniors power SMH

Kind of disagree.
Yes, Khabib just got the belt. he should first clean his division before looking outside his division.

But when two champions have been dominating their WC for years, I do think they should move up.
Note: this is not a jab on GSP. If this was implemented, I would want to see Silva moving up to LHW as well.

As for Jon & HW, it is also different.
Jon noted he wanted to move up. It was Dana who did not allow him to do so; so it is hard to blame Jon for not moving.

No, wand fought hunt, participated in an openweight tourbament as middleweight. Manhoef fought at hw in K1 and mma. Moussasi won! an openweight tournament. Jacare also fought at openweight. Just shows how 95% of fighters today are all overhyped bums. Fergusson, khabib, mcnuggets, jon jones all cut weight till they get hospitalized or snort cocain to stay thin just to not having to fight at theyre native walk around weight but instead mini midgets that need to bulk at mcdonalds to make weight.

I would agree but size matters so its unfair to the smaller GOAT to fight someone of possibly equal or greater skill who is also naturally bigger.

GSP knows this as he took full advantage of his size (and vaseline) vs BJ Penn.

A true fit 170lb BJ Penn would be a nightmare match up for GSP but Penn wasn't a real 170lb WW fighter. He was a fat chubby LW.

This is why GSP knew not to try it vs Silva. Size matters especially with skill level is roughly equal in overall effectiveness.

Which fighters are you talking about? Here are the UFC's pound-for-pound rankings:

#1 Cormier
#2 Nurmagomedov
#3 Jones
#4 Dillashaw
#5 Holloway

No one in that list is 15 pounds apart until you get to Dillashaw and Holloway, and I'm guessing those aren't the fighters you're talking about.

Beyond that, 15 pounds is quite a big difference - more than a weight class in plenty of cases. Two fighters 15 pounds apart aren't comparable unless they're heavyweights, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Just an obvious jab at GSP for not fighting Silva, who outweighed him by like 20 lbs.....

No, wand fought hunt, participated in an openweight tourbament as middleweight. Manhoef fought at hw in K1 and mma. Moussasi won! an openweight tournament. Jacare also fought at openweight. Just shows how 95% of fighters today are all overhyped bums. Fergusson, khabib, mcnuggets, jon jones all cut weight till they get hospitalized or snort cocain to stay thin just to not having to fight at theyre native walk around weight but instead mini midgets that need to bulk at mcdonalds to make weight.
All of the aforementioned people are expected to go fight the very best fighter a weightclass up.

Moose never fought Jon Jones or Fedor
Bj moved yp and got wrecked by GSP, Rory and Diaz so it shows that moving up, regardless of skill, can easily be negated by size when the bigger guy is also skilled.

Wanderlei was juiced to the gills (LHW outweighs a HW). I don't wanna do this because Wanderlei is my favourite MMA fighter of all time but being able to load up with ANY PeD you want, helps.

Manhoef would get wrecked if he moved up and fought the best a weightclass up too. He wasn't even that good of a fighter in his own weightclass.

Anderson clearly ducked Jones though. He fought in Jones’ weight class numerous times prior

Didn’t jones say he wouldn’t fight Anderson too?

He initially said he would fight him but probably realised Anderson was never interested so never called him out.

No its not.

It’s only ducking if you’re offered the fight and you say no.

And in that situation the smaller guy is the coward, not the bigger guy constantly calling out the smaller guy even though that bigger guy wants nothing to do with elites in the weight class above his own?

That doesn't make any sense.

Fair enough. But how about this, GSP says he only wants big fights but he turned down the biggest fight of all time for like 5 years running.
Becoming a two and possibly 3 division champ is arguably bigger than fighting Anderson now, and in their prime gzp hadn't even cleaned out ww yet. WW wasn't a weak division like mw, the only reason Andy even took any lhw fights was because there were literally no contenders at mw.

Back