It's official: SCIENCE says God is real

The universe is massive. People don't realize just how massive it is.

0PhU4Qd.jpg

What more is there to do but point and laugh? We can type out how probabilities work time and time again and they still will hide behind their walls of retardation.

For those that don't know how probabilities work here we go. If you have something that only happens once in ten shots, you only need to run the test ten times to get the outcome you desire(on average). If you blow things up to the made up numbers religitards use you only need to find out how long it takes run the experiment enough times to get your desired outcome and to get the proper outcome here it should happen a few times a second.

No.

Ok when is the 50% likely chance to get a 1/10 event to occur?

Here's a simple equation.

p is chance of success
f is chance of failure
n is number of attempts
x is chance at least one will occur by the nth attempt.

Since f=1-p we will do this in terms of f. x = 1-f^n

So for your example you are more likely to have a success than a failure for a 1/10 event after the 7th trial. Look, my point is probability is not intuitive. And even if you had an intuition for probability you still wouldn't grasp the fact that probability of 0 events occur all the time and that probability of 1 events fail to occur all the time.

Innumeracy in America is epidemic. Which is why people vote liberal.

How many coin tosses can be performed in infinity amount of time? What is the probability of any potential result in a span of infinity?

Not to mention the ridiculous number of solarsystems, planets and suns there are.
If you take those and the amount of time into account, it might come down to 1/10 or so.( and no I didn't calculate that number):)

This is a pretty old (and common) argument. And it's compelling until you really examine it.

If you walk onto a beach, there are what? billions of individual little grains of sand? If you go around and randomly pick up 50 of them, what are the odds that you would have picked up THOSE EXACT 50 grains of sand out of all the billions you could have chose from? Well the odds are astronomical. On the other hand, there was a 100% chance you were going to pick up 50 grains of sand, so unless you predicted which ones you were going to pickup AHEAD of time, then the fact that you picked up 50 grains of sand is pretty mundane.

Every single action we take, no matter how ordinary or extraordinary, has a long chain of causality behind it that would make it astronomically unlikely that we would take that particular action at that particular time.

You could say that it's unlikely that life should exist on this planet since the odds are against it. Or you could say that, since the universe is infinite, it would actually be MORE unlikely if life didn't exist anywhere.

Last edited:
That was more being overwhelmed by the equation rather than any solid research. Publications will always stir the pot. :icon_lol: Nice try but remember nothing is proven until irrefutable proof is found.

Ughh...this is such an old and irrational argument. It doesn't matter what math or new discoveries one uses to try to support the argument, the argument itself is completely illogical. I addressed this exact same argument multiple times on this forum.

I don't need top go into details, because I see others in this thread and Lawrence Krauss, said everything I would say.

Science is theory measured by research and applied to the physical world. Religion is belief founded on the opinion and emotion prompted by experience.

The only absurdity it attempting to dismiss one for the other.

Science is theory measured by research and applied to the physical world. Religion is belief founded on the opinion and emotion prompted by experience.

The only absurdity it attempting to dismiss one for the other.

I disagree with that definition. For one thing, if you practice a religion in which it's doctrine is considered to be absolute truth, opinion has very little to do with your religion.

"Beliefs founded on opinion and emotion prompted by experience" sounds like you are just describing subjectivity. There's all sort of subjective beliefs that aren't associated with religion.

In fact in some ways you are describing the exact opposite of religion. For instance many atheist believe morality is subjective. In that case an atheist would believe that morality is founded on opinion and emotion prompted by experience. However many religions, believe that morality is objective and is not founded on opinion and emotion prompted by experience.

I disagree with that definition. For one thing, if you practice a religion in which it's doctrine is considered to be absolute truth, opinion has very little to do with your religion.

"Beliefs founded on opinion and emotion prompted by experience" sounds like you are just describing subjectivity. There's all sort of subjective beliefs that aren't associated with religion.

In fact in some ways you are describing the exact opposite of religion.

If you allow that "belief" is a subjective matter, I think we agree. My definition of religion applies to its nature. My absurdity (above) comes later. It is a result of the practice, or development, of whatever religion. By the time a religion establishes a doctrine that asserts an "absolute truth," it's already tangled in contradiction. It's trying to use science itself, to dismiss science.

Absolute truth is a human, scientific concept. It's the ideal version of observable measurement and confirmation of whatever theory. Belief, by definition, stands outside of theory. Spiritual belief/faith isn't the opposite of science/logic, it's an entirely separate question--and vice versa.

And where does belief--or lack thereof--come from if not from the thoughts and emotions prompted in us by experience. "I think I feel therefore I am, therefore religion." Or, Mom and Dad are the shit, Mom and Dad believe x, so I believe x.

Handy really jumped the troll with that post. But fair play to him if people keep falling for it.

Look at my post history Bas, I've never hidden the fact that I am an evangelical right winger( love unions though). with flaws that sins everyday. thank god for grace. I just would like for just one evolutionary atheist type to admit you guys have no "proof" of evolution and all that bs you put in kids heads about what happened hundreds of millions of years ago is actually your version of dare I say....faith. how exactly do you guys get to espouse "theories" about what happened millions of years ago when nobody was around as fact to our children I'll never know. That's why I've chosen to homeschool.

the FACT is you don't know what happened 250 million billion years ago and to think you do smacks of arrogance and pride. at least with Christianity we are getting the historical account of Jesus from actual living breathing people at the time. But I'm sure you will say the whole thing was made up and is a work of fiction.

Look at my post history Bas, I've never hidden the fact that I am an evangelical right winger( love unions though). with flaws that sins everyday. thank god for grace. I just would like for just one evolutionary atheist type to admit you guys have no "proof" of evolution and all that bs you put in kids heads about what happened hundreds of millions of years ago is actually your version of dare I say....faith. how exactly do you guys get to espouse "theories" about what happened millions of years ago when nobody was around as fact to our children I'll never know. That's why I've chosen to homeschool.

the FACT is you don't know what happened 250 million billion years ago and to think you do smacks of arrogance and pride. at least with Christianity we are getting the historical account of Jesus from actual living breathing people at the time. But I'm sure you will say the whole thing was made up and is a work of fiction.

please stop with this. I only hope you are just trolling and not a christian.
Genesis is not a science book. it is a theological creation story.

you think some people 4000 years ago in a desert would know what the fuck a gene was? or an atom? or even a molecule?

God gave us science to explain his creation. When you deny facts like evolution, you are pretty arguing against what God has done and think you know better than Him.

The creation story is not meant to be taken literally. period.

you think some people 4000 years ago in a desert would know what the fuck a gene was? or an atom? or even a molecule?

God gave us science to explain his creation. When you deny facts like evolution, you are pretty arguing against what God has done and think you know better than Him.

says who. oh right its not true because your professor said so. and of course good ole proff is the the end all be all of educational attainment in your universe. damn you guys need to stop letting these wack job professors and liberal colleges spoon feed you.

When I post in warroom threads I always try to bring a practical analysis/life experience/common sense view point to discussions like this. and normally all I get in return is ridicule which is fine sherdog is a public forum I know that everything is fair game for taunts and insults.there will always be trolls.

but trolling posters aside, have you ever really researched and thought for yourself surrounding the "why are we here" "what's this all about" questions? Telling by your post you have never done this. So since you're more than likely very young, and educated in the worlds academics. I challenge you to talk to some people who have said the lord god of the bible freed them from drug or alcohol abuse, or the hundreds of testimonial where people were sitting with a gun contemplating suicide and asked god if he was real and the emotional state left them.

my personal testimony is that I should not even be here typing this response to you. in 2002 I was involved in an incident where some gangbangers shot fifteen rounds from a mac 11 right at me and all that I got was a severed patella tendon.

I should be dead. that guy had me dead to rights, so either that guy was the worst shot in history, or as my mother tells it she stayed up all night praying and didn't know why until my watch commander called her from the hospital to say I had been shot but would be fine.

That Morning none of my Police, military, or Martial arts training saved me. it was only the supernatural intervention of the holy spirit. like I said I don't need math or God to materialize in front of me and say "I'm god" I know what he's done for me, and my family.

My brother's helo was shot down in Iraq in 2005 he had a screwed up back for awhile but he lived.

The Bible is a truthful book. Stop trying to limit it by putting it into some category.

The Bible is a truthful book. Stop trying to limit it by putting it into some category.

most definitely is a true book. but that is a bit deceiving. it is a library of books with different genres. and on biblical knowledge i would flat out destroy you.

While the bible has truths in it, it also contains many errors. It's misleading to call it a truthful book.

All the other poster was saying is that if you take some of the claims in the bible as applicable science today, you will be wrong. Don't take it as a science book, and that poster is correct.

most definitely is a true book. but that is a bit deceiving. it is a library of books with different genres. and on biblical knowledge i would flat out destroy you.

Lol. What does the Bible say about pride and self exaltation?

Back