• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Its official: Dustin Poirier is losing his next fight

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The curse is back. Dustin has shaved his head and regressed into shaved-head Poirier.

For the first half of his career, Dustin Poirier was a decent but not great generic shaved head UFC npc with an iffy chin.

NINTCHDBPICT000614146811-4.jpg

TastyDeepLarva-size_restricted.gif

Screen_Shot_2016-09-16_at_5.22.40_PM.0.0.png

a0bd3c97ce903c33ac6f8f4962546f3c.gif

After moving up to lightweight and getting knocked out by Michael Johnson, he grew his hair out and transformed into the elite fighter we know and love. Ditching the shaved head look and embracing the Philly shell defense, Dustin would go on an incredible run, reaching the top of the lightweight division, beating 5 world champions and only losing to the GOAT and soon to be GOAT lightweights.

RIP handsome Poirier. You've had an incredible run.

Bg8qPMA1cZfLfBLGaF71IZhwifW-yXXWmId4rSlA7xM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad respect to Poirier if he takes that Covington fight.

It's actually kinda interesting because it's most likely 50-45 Covington UD, but Covington has been getting hit recently. Unlike Masbumdal, Poirier would have went for it.

I don't see Covington finishing Poirier. So Poirier got 25 minutes to land one shot, and unlike Jorge, if he hurts Covington, then I can see Poirier going for it and Poirier is a great finisher.

I say Poirier is around +320 underdog against Covington with Covington around -450 favourite, but wouldn't entirely count Poirier out. Most likely Covington by dominant decision, but every jaw has an expiry date, and Poirier is a great finisher, but Covington is obviously a better fighter by a large margin.

Conor is balding. I don't think that'll happen anytime soon
It’s grown back a lot from what I can see. He must be getting some type of hair treatment or his hair loss was from a cortisol/stress issue.

Dustin loses to Nate, but the UFC won't make that fight, because they hate Nate. Colby dry humps Dustin to a decision, but it turns out to be a moral victory for Dustin.

The real fight to make right now would be Dustin vs. Beneil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back