It's kind of a bad look for the UFC when...

nobody watches bellator so it doesnt matter. People are busy watching combate .

Don't think so. Top 5 in any of their decisions could be champ in the UFC. The skill level is narrowing even in smaller promotions compared to the UFC.

Not when they get off the Juice.. Also once Bellator gets more popular people will start shitting on them for fighter pay as well.

UFC is cream of the crop but Bellator is becoming it’s own beast.

Bellator’s diverse talent and mixture of old veterans is setting them apart in the game.

I read your post like five times trying to make sense of your point and how your concluding remarks jump off from your intro but I just can't....

I'm pointing out the irony of Bellator, the promotion known for getting washed up names and doing anything to sell fights, looking significantly more professional than the UFC, the promotion that's supposed to be the highest level of the sport, the promotion that's supposed to take it mainstream.

My primary gripe is the small cage, which I believe the UFC keeps in place to pander to the lowest level of fans.

I'll soften my message to the UFC: Sack up and spend the $10k to install a full-sized octagon in the Apex.

I'm pointing out the irony of Bellator, the promotion known for getting washed up names and doing anything to sell fights, looking significantly more professional than the UFC, the promotion that's supposed to be the highest level of the sport, the promotion that's supposed to take it mainstream.

My primary gripe is the small cage, which I believe the UFC keeps in place to pander to the lowest level of fans.

I'll soften my message to the UFC: Sack up and spend the $10k to install a full-sized octagon in the Apex.

Objectively it's difficult to tell if there is any difference at all. It might be pandering. But for the sake of standards I like the regular 30-ft cage.

Lol @ The UFC and at anyone who has paid a dime for the slop they've been shoveling out for the past few years. <45>

Just give Bellator more time and you’re gonna see what happens .. UFC won’t be able to buy out the competition anymore .. no more injection of new talent and stars like SF brought in with Ronda Miesha Nunes Masvidal DC Rockhold Woodley Yoel .. this time they will need to compete with Bellator for talent let’s see what they do. You ain’t buying them out this time
Ahahahaha!!!

85% of Bellators talent is Randoms off the street that they pay $1k to fight.

What do you think of Pitbull since he lost??

Objectively it's difficult to tell if there is any difference at all. It might be pandering. But for the sake of standards I like the regular 30-ft cage.

I'm a pro handicapper and I can say that the variance is noticeably higher in the small cage. Legalizing sports betting in the US may be part of it. More chance for fish to go on hot streaks, which is good for business.

...you switch back from Bellator, which had a technical matchup in a reasonable sized space with beautiful production, to a match in a converted warehouse with two guys who are head-and-shoulders above an octagon that's a few times bigger than a phone booth.

Is this not supposed to be the premiere promotion? Is this not supposed to be the promotion that proves to mainstreamers that MMA is more than two guys killing each other in a cage?

If so, then they're not doing a very good job of it.

Here's my message to the UFC: stop playing to the 'Just Bleed' fans... they're an embarrassment to the sport.
Bro that was a mainline bellator card vs a glorified fight night card.

Also production is completely subjective, in my opinion bellator’s production is ass.

Don't think so. Top 5 in any of their decisions could be champ in the UFC. The skill level is narrowing even in smaller promotions compared to the UFC.
tenor.gif

Nemkov is about your only hope. Until yesterday all you Bellator shills were calling Freire the FW Goat and the best FW on the planet to boot ffs, you guys sure do flip flop fast.

I watch mma for the violence and entertainment.
When two great fighters fight, I tune in for the technical skill that they will showcase.

Either way us fans get to see a show.

PS: Bellator had a good show last night which is rare, because it is usually boring af to watch.

Back