It's kind of a bad look for the UFC when...

weedreference

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
...you switch back from Bellator, which had a technical matchup in a reasonable sized space with beautiful production, to a match in a converted warehouse with two guys who are head-and-shoulders above an octagon that's a few times bigger than a phone booth.

Is this not supposed to be the premiere promotion? Is this not supposed to be the promotion that proves to mainstreamers that MMA is more than two guys killing each other in a cage?

If so, then they're not doing a very good job of it.

Here's my message to the UFC: stop playing to the 'Just Bleed' fans... they're an embarrassment to the sport.

Here's my message to the UFC: stop playing to the 'Just Bleed' fans...

giphy.gif

Good news is hardly anybody switches from Bellator <FookIsThatGuy> to the UFC. So they have no idea that there’s a better product out there.

...you switch back from Bellator, which had a technical matchup in a reasonable sized space with beautiful production, to a match in a converted warehouse with two guys who are head-and-shoulders above an octagon that's a few times bigger than a phone booth.

Is this not supposed to be the premiere promotion? Is this not supposed to be the promotion that proves to mainstreamers that MMA is more than two guys killing each other in a cage?

If so, then they're not doing a very good job of it.

Here's my message to the UFC: stop playing to the 'Just Bleed' fans... they're an embarrassment to the sport.
Here is a message for you, go watch USA womans soccer.
You can virtue signal and accomplish nothing all day .

More your speed .

I read your post like five times trying to make sense of your point and how your concluding remarks jump off from your intro but I just can't....

Just give Bellator more time and you’re gonna see what happens .. UFC won’t be able to buy out the competition anymore .. no more injection of new talent and stars like SF brought in with Ronda Miesha Nunes Masvidal DC Rockhold Woodley Yoel .. this time they will need to compete with Bellator for talent let’s see what they do. You ain’t buying them out this time

The UFC has a much heavier schedule than Bellator, and since they put PPV cards that means sometimes you will get shit (on paper) cards from time to time, whatever fight was worth watching yesterday i did watch it, so i dont have a problem with either product, also iirc, Bellator didnt had crowd recently, they might have built their own Apex i think.

UFC brass is shoving cards down our throat. If they weren't using the APEX, so many of these events would look like the undercard of a championship boxing match.

Got no clue why they still holding fight nights at Apex. Could have fight nights in any red state an get solid gate money.

I'll tell dana to make the cage taller, just for you

Back