It's been a while...

Glad to see you back around here, Jake.
It's been quite awhile.

Congrats on getting back in the ring. After a quick glance I would say good way to utilize your jab and movement. For the most part you avoided his shots.

I would suggest doubling up your jab more often, and throw the occasional 1 2, also even try lining him up.

Early on you tried to lead with the left hook and you caught a stiff jab. As a general rule, throw your hooks either after another punch/combo, or when you counter. If you lead with it it leaves you wide open.

Also I noticed he wasnt wearing shoes.. lol? It must be an MMA gym right?

Good stuff though, maybe post some videos in the future and we can watch your progress.

Cheers.

EDIT:
Almost forgot! Loved the jabs to the body, way to get low. Excellent!

Last edited:
MC, It's great to see you're still around. I read they took down McDuck AND Kid. Damn mods! Fascists, all of them!

Hey Jake Fox, NOBS has a pretty good technique forum.

Well first nice sparring I love the jabs to the body.

But building from that you kind of have the same "problem" I had which is when throwing the jab to the body, face etc. It doesn't come back up to protect your cheek and against a seasoned opponent who can time the jab or anyone that can time your jab, will be able to counter it easily since your face is unprotected by jabbing back or slipping and hitting you with a right etc.

Also when he comes in to throw a punch/combo etc. You tend to jump back and move your hands away from your face and put them to the side or shoulder with apart... Kind of hard to explain but I hope you get what i'm saying. But problem with this is when fighting a faster footed opponent he would follow up on the combo/punch and probably step in and catch you.

A little flat footed as well, but nice movement nonetheless.

I understand there is ring rust and it's light sparring but continuing like so could lead to bad habits.

Other then that nice sparring.

StillWill...you resemble a long lost friend of ours. Could it be that you...no. No, that's just not possible.

Back