It's an occasion, you can choose any restaurant.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day... I'm sure many of them have some good shit, especially when the staff there is good.. that's where it gets iffy, shit staff, which can plague great restaurants too.

I don’t know what you mean

noma (i wish)

i'd head up Richmond (BC) or Vancouver for chinese food... plenty of amazing options

French Laundry in Yountville, CA - Wife really wants eat here. Maybe on our 10th year anniversary. Not a fan of these snobby pretencious high class restaurants though. I rather eat a casual hole in the wall joint. Also to spend $750-1000+ on a meal for 2 is just ridiculous.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/french-laundry-yountville

The Kitchen in Sacramento, CA - Always wanted to try it out, but it's pretty damn expensive (~$500-600+ for 2), although not as expensive as French Laundry.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-kitchen-restaurant-sacramento

I'm so cheap though that I don't know if I can drop that kind of money for 1 meal. If I set my limit to the $300s for 2, then maybe one of the michellin star japanese restaurants thoughout the Bay. Sushi Yoshizumi in San Mateo would be probably one of my first choices. Always wanted to try Omakase in San Francisco too, but for 2 you're talking at least $400 after tax and tip.

i've been to the french laundry and i feel the food down the road is better.. bistro jeanty is a favorite of mine.. i also recommend mustard's grill for the pork chop or burger if you're in yountville..

i've been to the french laundry and i feel the food down the road is better.. bistro jeanty is a favorite of mine.. i also recommend mustard's grill for the pork chop or burger if you're in yountivlle..
truth in all this. places get a name for a reason but sometimes that reason fades or becomes obscured by insanely lengthy reservation times.."Yes, could I get a table in 2020?"
have eaten at most of the places in napa/sonoma. most if not all are quite good.
stopped at mustards a few years ago on the way home to the bay area. good food, good service. good drinks.

Where go, what get?
There's a place in Baltimore called Joe's Crabshack... I had a swordfish steak there, fileted and stuffed with fresh Maryland Blue Crab.

Incredible flavor, filling, relatively simple. Would go there another thousand times for the same meal.

Heyooooo
Excellent choice, Baltimore, whilst being a terrible place, has many great seafood places

For me right at this moment I would have to say:

JEFF RUBY’S STEAKHOUSE out in Nashville

I’ve only been twice but the food is absolutely phenomenal and the service is very, very good.

This is what I had last time
Barrel cut filet
o.jpg

Alaskan king crab

raw-bar-featuring-alaskan.jpg

Lobster tail
o.jpg

Pie

o.jpg

And of course to finish it all off

th

i've been to the french laundry and i feel the food down the road is better.. bistro jeanty is a favorite of mine.. i also recommend mustard's grill for the pork chop or burger if you're in yountville..
Ate at Mustard's a few times, but never tried their burger. My favorite burger in Napa use to be this little burger joint right by the car wash near the outlets. Better than Taylor's which is now Gott's. I lived in Napa for over 5 years so I ventured to serveral places.I couldn't even count how many expensive wine I drank for free from friends, but had no clue because I could care less. I've heard of Bistro Jeanty but haven't tried it yet. Still waiting to try Ad Hoc too. Honestly one of my favorite is Rutherford Grill. Their ribs are damn good. Just ate at Bouchon 2 weeks ago and it was good. I like that it was fairly casual.

Bravo, 3rd post nailed it. I was just there a month ago but it's Peter Luger's for me. I love steak and nowhere I've ever been does it as well as Luger's.

Where in PA? I'm in the lehigh valley myself.
No shit. I live just south of York.

You use Old Bay?
I liked it light on fish, but never on shell fish.

I love NYC, it's a great city to visit just for the food!
We use old bay on fish, chicken, crab cakes, but never on picking crabs. J.O. Is where it’s at for crab seasoning.

Menu degustation at Joel Robuchon Ebisu.

For me right at this moment I would have to say:

JEFF RUBY’S STEAKHOUSE out in Nashville

I’ve only been twice but the food is absolutely phenomenal and the service is very, very good.

This is what I had last time
Barrel cut filet
o.jpg

Alaskan king crab

raw-bar-featuring-alaskan.jpg

Lobster tail
o.jpg

Pie

o.jpg

And of course to finish it all off

th

What is a barel cut?

Not to be a dick- but where does a place in Nashville get fresh, in season shell fish?

100% serious- one of the best events I even did was at the chemistry museum near the kimpton hotel in Philly. It was a great catered asain influenced small plate stations and open bar.

I got hooked up with a bunch of eagles fans and I trolled them so hard about the McNabb eagles getting owned int eh playoffs. It was before they wont he SB

Back