It's amazing how unpopular MM is compared to other fighters and champions.

He has the personality of a big bang theory character and fights like a computer AI. I'm not surprised.

I don't really like him myself, but i'm always interested in seeing him fight & it's pretty sad how disrespected/unappreciated he is.

The size difference is huge, it's like Jon Jones fighting GSP. Aren't there weight classes for a reason!?

They're both in the midget weight class though. When the entire midget division has like 6 guys it's hard to split them up.

They're both in the midget weight class though. When the entire midget division has like 6 guys it's hard to split them up.
Nah man, that was ridiculous. A bloody freakshow fight,mthat org is eroding its credibility!

Not amazing at all if you understand human psychology and the MMA demographic.

Ciffs: UFC viewers do not view MM as a credible threat on account of his size alone.

I don't really like him myself, but i'm always interested in seeing him fight & it's pretty sad how disrespected/unappreciated he is.

Being disrespected and being unappreciated are two completely different things.

I don't think many disrespect MM as a fighter, they just have no appreciation for the guy. Myself, I think he's a great fighter, but I have no desire to watch him or any of the midgetweights fight. No one's ever taken the lowest weight classes of weight class sports that seriously because at a gut lizard-brain level, we all know how much size matters and these guys are literally half-men compared to the upper end.

Apparently he's pretty popular among video game dorks. Although I can think of few things as boring as watching other people play video games, lots of people tune in to watch him play on Twitch. Too bad MMA fans don't care about him ...

Well his nickname might be the worst ever. It pretty much forces you to not take him seriously. Then he does his little super hero moves. He kind of brings it on himself. Which I'm not hating on, he's a great fighter, I personally think he's great to watch. People talk about finishes but he does after people. He's a great champ. But I completely see why people aren't interested. His persona is just off putting. Instead of blaming fans for not watching he should tell us why we should. He should mention how he's the best p4p, how he cleaned his division out and he should be BEGGING to fight Dominick Cruz. That would get attention. Instead all I ever read is how people should respect him more. You don't beg for respect or demand it, you command it. I see no real reason he shouldn't fight Cruz. Ten pounds, big deal. Not like you need to worry about knock out power when you handle dudes like Dodson. I think he'd wreck Cruz. But if just keeps fighting guys he already beat he can't really complain.

Back