It's amazing how unpopular MM is compared to other fighters and champions.

Its the competition i don't care what Joe Rogan says fighting John Dodson does not mean hes the greatest. When he fought Dominiick Cruz he lost. If MM wants to be the best fight at 135

Conor is willing to fight guys at 155 and 170 come on.

I actually enjoy 135 but 125 is always boring for me.

Its the competition i don't care what Joe Rogan says fighting John Dodson does not mean hes the greatest. When he fought Dominiick Cruz he lost. If MM wants to be the best fight at 135

Conor is willing to fight guys at 155 and 170 come on.

Dodson knocked Dillashaw out but no all flyweights suck.

And yes Mcgregor getting gifted a 155 title shot and now a pseudo welterweight fight is so much better.

GSP's second title reign was full of lay n pray decisions yet he was popular. Yeah totally not biased.

Well yes. GSP is probably the only Blond champion I can think of who has low % finish rate and he gets a lot of slack here on Sherdog for that. He can easily claim the title GOAT of the UFC and yet there are hordes of people who say that he can't finish a sandwich. By the way WW is the division with the lowest finish % of all divisions and he has finished half of his fights so it's not that bad in the big picture. WW has been stacked for years. GSP was famous for nullifying his opponent's strenghts and he faced very well-established fighters, who were p4p best. He managed to made them look average to say the least.
MM has no p4p best in his division, nor there are any names that can create interest or some sort of drama.
But yeah... Fans don't praise him because he's not White.
Take another example... TJ has been finishing guys at BW (p4p #1 Barao twice) and the former Bellator FW champ in Soto. He's as well-rounded as Demetrius Johnson but was not a popular champion. Nobody gave a sh&t about him when the judges robbed him of his title.

All bullshit criticisms. You dumbass.

He isn't a black thug therefore he's boring.
Not white means no it factor.
Rousey did the same.
GSP was boring and never took chances after Serra.
14 year olds also could weigh to 155 and over.

Shertards have to make up reasons to hate.
I hate when people play the race card and act like its to do with race when it never is!. Jon Jones has it, so does Rumble Johnson. the race card always gets played when the truth is spoken about someone. the fact he is tiny and he is fighting faceless challenges and has a boring personality is the reason no one cares.

Dodson knocked Dillashaw out but no all flyweights suck.

And yes Mcgregor getting gifted a 155 title shot and now a pseudo welterweight fight is so much better.

Its about testing yourself against fighters who are of the same size or bigger. It said Lawlor walks around 190+ pounds before fights its just shows Conor is willing to fight the best fighters at anytime anywhere. If MM moved up to 135 and fought tougher guys he would be given lot more respect. MM walks around at 140 pounds there is know excuse he can make to not fight at a higher weigh class.

Its about testing yourself against fighters who are of the same size or bigger. It said Lawlor walks around 190+ pounds before fights its just shows Conor is willing to fight the best fighters at anytime anywhere. If MM moved up to 135 and fought tougher guys he would be given lot more respect. MM walks around at 140 pounds there is know excuse he can make to not fight at a higher weigh class.

Mm was a top fighter at BW. He only lost to Cruz in the UFC and made Cruz default into grappling. Again haters make up reasons now.

I hate when people play the race card and act like its to do with race when it never is!. Jon Jones has it, so does Rumble Johnson. the race card always gets played when the truth is spoken about someone. the fact he is tiny and he is fighting faceless challenges and has a boring personality is the reason no one cares.

Yeah Jones of all people is respected here. Rumble isn't a champ right now.

I said black champs get disrespected by the majority. From Jack Johnson to Ali to Evans to Jones to MM.

A lot of it is race. Now understand that when I say this, I'm not saying racism, but race certainly plays a factor in fighting, it always has and always will. Because at their core, humans are tribal.

Yet he is the most successful champion in the UFC right now (not counting JJ for obvious reasons). Any other champion has more popularity than him, even RDA. Is the FLYW division the reason? Because even with multiple defenses under his belt nobody gives a shit about him. Even BW that isn't a popular division attracts far more attention.

He is streaming right now on Twitch for an incredible amount of 160 people.
Honestly, do you think casuals or even most hardcore fans care about seeing guys the size of 5th graders fight? I wish they'd just scrap 125 and 135.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?
Winning over and over to the point where you make $250,000 a fight?

The guy is making more then 95% of the roster despite only weighing 125, and his value is increasing. The moment he loses that all goes away, so he just needs to keep doing his thing and keep winning.

Last edited:
In 10 year flyW will actually be cool and have depth. For now its a small fish in a pond of minoes.

If he fought like Rumble Johnson, MM would have a ton of fans. MM may have some KO wins to his credit (didn't bother to check), but these days he fights like a miniature Jon Fitch. That's a problem. People called Jon Fitch "smoke break" and MM is a 125 version of him. Not a way to win fans.

I mean like in a way he has done what he is supposed to do. He shows up, on weight and in shape, and dominates. He's not very popular, but no one's going to take him seriously in the long run if he acts out of character. I can respect a guy that is humble, quiet, and advancing the level of the sport

Ok i understand you

Let's be real, the majority of the popularity of the women fighter's are almost entirely based on their looks. Demetrious Johnson doesn't have that luxury. His boring fighting style, compounded with the fact that he headlines the midget division. But honestly, Rafael dos Anjos and Chris Weidman weren't all that popular as well, and they by far were more exciting fighters. He's doing all right popularity wise, none of the champions really compare to the top draws like Conor and the women's divisions.

I don´t agree Joanna is not good looking in my opinion, her agressive style is the main factor she has fans.

Gadelha is average looking, but very technnical all around and she has done a lot of participations in a comedy show for example, fighting comedians even before she was in the UFC, that makes her popular.

MM is the most dominant champion and he is the least known champion, something is wrong with his PR, obvisiosly.

Gadelha fighting men in 2009 here:

Someone else said this in another post, and I agreed that Johnson would instantly get a bunch more fans if he went up in weight for a fight, and then came back down.

Yes that´s not so hard to come up with something

For example, he has only two losses Brad Picket and Dominick Cruz, he can go on a campaing to clear his record and 'prove' he is the best in the world, challenge Brad Picket first and then go for Dominick Cruz to unify the FW and BW belts.

That would give him publicity.

How can anyone not find this entertaining?

1377685480dfb9d8a2a03bdf3fff300df1b577900309b3c3358d351ad43afa8b_1.gif
The size difference is huge, it's like Jon Jones fighting GSP. Aren't there weight classes for a reason!?

Back