It's a damn shame that we never got to see Patricio Pitbull in the UFC

1-2 good moments in a fight doesn't mean you did well, especially when you're a fighter like Chandler who has big power and can hurt anyone at any time.

May as well say Phil Hawes did well in his last 3, despite getting finished in the first round each time.
Phil Hawes was the best generational talent we've seen in a long time. What do you meeeeeaaaaaannnnnn?

I've never seen any of his fights. Chandler and Alvarez did ok. But it would definitely have been better for him to go about beyond bellator years ago. I'll look him up later for a highlight video.

He beat Chandler who has done pretty well against the elite of 155. What's your reasoning for thinking the top of 145 eats him? I mean obviously mma math doesn't work but I think it's a decent example of his skill.
Chandler has done well in the UFC? He lost to Dustin, he lost to Charles, he lost to Justin.

His one win is against the desiccated corpse of Tony Ferguson in a fight he was losing

Hector Lombard. Undefeated. No known weaknesses.

In bellator.
Only 8 Bellator fights though. But yeah he was pretty exciting at the time. It's too bad we never got Anderson vs. Hector.

I think we saw King Mo's ceiling. His biggest win was getting smacked around by Mousasi, which isn't much of a knock against him. I think Mo sits comfortably in that fifteen to ten range while getting pieced up and caught any time he moves higher.

isn't his best win Jiri who he knocked out?

I love how you guys pretend like this is never a case of all these fighters purposefully choosing to stay in the minor leagues. It's not a "shame", they're the ones who won't make the jump.

Props to the fighters who do step up, even if sometimes it's years after we might've wanted them to. Look at the impact guys like Eddie, Chandler, MVP, have been able to make. That's a champ, top 5, and top 15 right there.

All three of those guys made more money outside of the UFC than they ever made in it. Period. Thats why top fighters outside of the UFC dont go there. This isnt debatable. All of this 'he beats this guy, or gets smoked by this guy' comments from absolutel fucking goofballs on ther couches dont mean shit.

Arona was really good, definitely much higher than what the average person thinks - but stylistically I don't think the UFC was a good fit for him.

Arona used his grappling to out wrestle and basically lay and pray guys. That would be very hard to do against Courture and Chuck, and he might not be able to beat Tito either (I think he'd out wrestle Tito, but it wouldn't be easy).

I'd see Arona having similar problems as Chandler coming into the UFC. Stylistically though Arona was a nightmare for everyone in Japan though.

Arona and Pitbull are in another class than Sergei and probably King Mo though.

sure, i'm not saying those guys are going to be champs, but i think they're going to be in a place the same as Pitbull. i don't think Pitbull is going to beat Aldo, Max, Conor, and probably have a difficult time with guys like Mendes and Kattar. i think he can beat Ortega, Yair, Emmett. i think he floats in top 5-10 range. similar to the guys i mentioned. of course, if we're comparing records it's going to be hard to say anyone has a similar record as Pitbull because he's fought for so long, i'm just judging it on skill for skill in relation to their division.

but i agree with @Chael_Sonnen he probably has the best record to never fight in the UFC simply because not many fighters have as long as career as he has. also agree with @Hellowhosthat that the only person i can think of whose record is similarly long is Igor because of his insane amount of fights. the only thing about Igor is, depending on when he comes to UFC and what weight class. because in reality he's like a MW sized fighter, but he was fighting in the open weight for the majority of his career and only went to LHW when he was already kind of washed.

Huh, that's interesting. Shame how you don't hear much about him these days then.

he's a legendary fighter for all the old heads because he has an insane amount of fights, insane amount of 1 night tournament wins, and is basically a WW beating the fuck out of giants in the open weight. but he doesn't have as many ranked wins as Pitbull even thought Igor has more wins than Pitbull has fights because he was fighting before there was any kind of system or organization to the sport, hell he was fighting before people even considered it a sport. it was just guys literally fighting for the hell of it. half of his career was before the internet and during MMA's days when people weren't sure if it was even going to survive. by the time Pride came around he was only considered the top HW in the world for a short time because Coleman beat him, which is a whole other can of worms...

All three of those guys made more money outside of the UFC than they ever made in it. Period. Thats why top fighters outside of the UFC dont go there. This isnt debatable. All of this 'he beats this guy, or gets smoked by this guy' comments from absolutel fucking goofballs on ther couches dont mean shit.
I'll give you MVP as he's had literally 1 fight in the UFC, isn't likely to ever get far at his age now, and his prior prime coincided with a lot of wrestlers in the UFC's WW divisions so he prob wouldn't have got to the top, but you think Eddie and Chandler made more fighting in Bellator than if they'd been in the UFC from the beginning when we wanted them???

JFC.

Chandler literally hasn't fought in years because he's holding out for the McGregor fight pay. In the UFC. Eddie also already had a massive McGregor pay. They'd have likely both been champs, and a few times instead of just Eddie's 1x, if they'd been here earlier.

I'll give you MVP as he's had literally 1 fight in the UFC, isn't likely to ever get far at his age now, and his prior prime coincided with a lot of wrestlers in the UFC's WW divisions so he prob wouldn't have got to the top, but you think Eddie and Chandler made more fighting in Bellator than if they'd been in the UFC from the beginning when we wanted them???

JFC.

Chandler literally hasn't fought in years because he's holding out for the McGregor fight pay. In the UFC. Eddie also already had a massive McGregor pay. They'd have likely both been champs, and a few times instead of just Eddie's 1x, if they'd been here earlier.
That has more to do with McGregor than the UFC though. It's not like they knew Connor McGregor would be a thing.

Eddie Alvarez has worked for several promotions and has been in-demand for almost his entire career, so he must have thought that it would pay better outside the UFC.

I think Chandler would have made more money starting in the UFC. But it's difficult to say - their pay checks in the UFC are very high because they are Bellator champs. If Chandler started in the UFC he may have gotten more losses and side tracked his career.

i dont think he would have fared well in ufc. being outside the ufc doesn’t necessarily mean you suck, but in this case all the best fighters in his weight class were in the ufc. in that case, there would be no long win streak. he’d be just another cow in the herd.

Yes, who could forget how the SF champions did once they merged:

Melendez: Lost to Bendo
Saffiedine: Lost to Rory
Rockhold: Lost to Vitor
Henderson: Lost to Machida
Overeem: Lost to Bigfoot (least it's another SF fighter)
DC: Lost to Jones

Oh.

I know you write a lot of weirdly angry posts supporting the UFC, but this is so stupid at face value it doesn't need more commentary.

StrikeForce fighters did disproportionately well in the UFC with multiple champions in multiple divisions, even setting aside how many became top 5.

I know you write a lot of weirdly angry posts supporting the UFC, but this is so stupid at face value it doesn't need more commentary.

StrikeForce fighters did disproportionately well in the UFC with multiple champions in multiple divisions, even setting aside how many became top 5.
Notice how he does not dispute that in reality every single SF champ came over and lost to UFC fighters, except Overeem who lost to another SF fighter.

And not ran "ROUGHSHOD" over the UFC as he claimed:
Strikeforce came over as the smaller, just above regional org, and their stars ran ROUGHSHOD over the UFC.

He beat Chandler who has done pretty well against the elite of 155. What's your reasoning for thinking the top of 145 eats him? I mean obviously mma math doesn't work but I think it's a decent example of his skill.
Chandler is 2-3 in the UFC, Hooker and Ferguson...He has had competitive fights, but winning against the Elite he hasnt.

In their prime, Aldo, Max, Conman and Volk beat them. Even know Aldo would be competitive. Max and Volt dominate him now even if they have just gone past their prime. I don't think he would have got the belt in the UFC, maybe an interim though.

Notice how he does not dispute that in reality every single SF champ came over and lost to UFC fighters, except Overeem who lost to another SF fighter.

And not ran "ROUGHSHOD" over the UFC as he claimed:

You frequently make weirdly angry, pro UFC, low quality posts.

StrikeForce fighters became UFC champions multiple times in multiple divisions. DC became both light heavyweight and heavyweight world champion. Luke Rockhold nearly murdered Chris Weidman. On and on.

I don't know why you make such aggravated UFC posts here, but it doesn't scream 'take time to interact with me.'

You frequently make weirdly angry, pro UFC, low quality posts.

StrikeForce fighters became UFC champions multiple times in multiple divisions. DC became both light heavyweight and heavyweight world champion. Luke Rockhold nearly murdered Chris Weidman. On and on.

I don't know why you make such aggravated UFC posts here, but it doesn't scream 'take time to interact with me.'
So convenient how they're "Strikeforce fighters" when they win the belt 6 fights and years into their UFC careers.

But aren't "Strikeforce fighters" when the get KTFO in their UFC debut.

Strange!

I’d also love to see Chihiro Suzuki, the dude in Rizin who KO’d Pitbull recently, in the ufc too.

Back