Italy's Venator FC books Sokoudjou vs. Matt Hamill, Che Mills vs. Roberto Rigamonti

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The upstart Italian MMA promotion Venator FC continued to bolster its roster today with the signing of veteran fighters Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Che Mills.

Sokoudjou (16-14), a veteran of the UFC, Bellator, WEC, PRIDE, Strikeforce, DREAM and even Affliction, will meet UFC and “TUF” veteran Matt Hamill (12-6) in a light heavyweight bout at Venator FC 3 this spring. And UFC veteran Mills (16-8) will take on Roberto Rigamonti (4-2-1) in a welterweight bout.

Velator FC 3 takes place May 21 at Palasesto Arena in Milan, Italy. In the main event, UFC veterans Luke Barnatt and Jason “Mayhem” Miller fight for the promotion’s middleweight title.

I have so little interest in the first fight it's unreal. The second....slightly more interested if Rigamonti is a striker, but still, meh.

Sok should win that one, but they both have looked terrible in recent fights. Maybe Thiago Silva should fight the winner.

What's even the point in Ventator? It sounds like an STI, makes bellators name look less goofy though.

This promotion is... curious.

Wow, five ex-UFC guys, that's a big score for an unknown promotion's third event.

Che Mills was a monster.......then Rory killed him.

I have no idea who could win that fight.
Bith are coming from bad performances, Hamill is the most KOdable tho

I'm strangely intrigued at Soko vs Hammil, I legitimately don't know who to pick. If I had to, I'd say Hammil if it goes past the first. It's going to be ugly though.

What's even the point in Ventator? It sounds like an STI, makes bellators name look less goofy though.

It's Latin for hunter. Just like bellator's Latin for warrior. A lotta English words sound silly to non-English speakers, too.

It's Latin for hunter. Just like bellator's Latin for warrior. A lotta English words sound silly to non-English speakers, too.

Venator is a goofy name, so Hunter Fighting Championship? That doesn't sound goofy to you?

Sokoudjou vs Hamill is like discovering unmarked eggs at the back of the fridge. They are pretty neat, but concerns about the timing leave them questionable as to quality.

Damn getting like the old days with random big cards popping up.

LOVING IT!

It's the latin word for "Hunter"

It's also a type of gladiator (and Jedi cruiser, according to wikipedia)

Nice.

Sokoudjou has to be one of my heroes. He has been taking advantage from his scary look and 2 good wins a decade ago in order to travel all around the world.

Back