Italian fighters in the UFC?

Ruas not italian at all. Rua neither. Rui could be.
He looks very Portuguese to me.

Can Americans please realise someone isn't Italian unless they are from Italy.....

So Serra is not Italian

I can see some Italian features in Marco Ruas.

marco_ruas.jpg

The Italian look comes from the southern med stock

The Brazilians get this from the Portuguese. To a lesser extent the Spanish speaking Latin American countries get it from the Spaniards.

Can Americans please realise someone isn't Italian unless they are from Italy.....

So Serra is not Italian
He is of Italian blood is what folks mean.

Matt Serra is an good old fashoined American legionnaire

He is of Italian blood is what folks mean.

Matt Serra is an good old fashoined American legionnaire
Yeah I just noticed it's an American thing to say "im Irish"

Or Scots
Or polish
Or Italian
WHen they are actually American

And none say they are English lol which is funny cos loads must be

Or Scots
Or polish
Or Italian

I have heard people refer to their scottish heritage as scotch before lol

And yeah....nobody says they're English...and everyone says they have a cherokee chief somewhere haha

I have heard people refer to their scottish heritage as scotch before lol

And yeah....nobody says they're English...and test everyone says they have a cherokee chief somewhere haha
I had an Irish neighbor like proper Irish and he went to USA and was super angry everyone kept saying they were "Irish" he said no you are American!!!

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are all Italian.

I had an Irish neighbor like proper Irish and he went to USA and was super angry everyone kept saying they were "Irish" he said no you are American!!!

Think us when they say the Sopranos are italian or stuff like that...

Anyway, this italian-american was right, back in those days :)
madge-italians-do-it-better.jpg

Or Scots
Or polish
Or Italian

Because Americans are usually talking to other Americans when talking about their heritage. No one actually born in the United States actually believes they are native Irish, Polish, or Italian, but it sound redundant to tell another American that they are Irish American , American polish, or Italian American.

I am a mut and very proud of my heritage English/Mexican.

incidentally any sherdoggers speak italian? I have intermediate knowledge of it. My speaking is rusty but I can read it decently.

It has just been hard to move beyond current level because no one where I live speaks it.

Because Americans are usually talking to other Americans when talking about their heritage. No one actually born in the United States actually believes they are native Irish, Polish, or Italian, but it sound redundant to tell another American that they are Irish American , American polish, or Italian American.

I am a mut and very proud of my heritage English/Mexican.

An italian-american (or canadian) talk to an italian as if he knows Italy better than the italian itself.
And concludes with that annoying "Capish" that freaks me out....wtf is capish motherfucker! (I would say "capisci" with southern accent...but not sure).

This happened to me all the time when I was there for a summer with a few friends while I was younger and went out a bit. "I'm Irish too" once they hear your accent. I'd act surprised ask where they're from they'd say 'New York' or something like that lol. I played along though because American girls are better looking than Irish and pretty friendly too. And they fucking love Irish accents.

Anyone I've met from the USA in real life is always really nice. On the internet not so much, but I can ignore that. You guys do have a serious identity crisis though, one minute you're proud to be American next minute you're Irish or Polish or Jewish(how is this a nationality?). Oh well, it's just a little thing that Europeans find funny.

This happened to me all the time when I was there for a summer with a few friends while I was younger and went out a bit. "I'm Irish too" once they hear your accent. I'd act surprised ask where they're from they'd say 'New York' or something like that lol. I played along though because American girls are better looking than Irish and pretty friendly too. And they fucking love Irish accents.

Anyone I've met from the USA in real life is always really nice. On the internet not so much, but I can ignore that. You guys do have a serious identity crisis though, one minute you're proud to be American next minute you're Irish or Polish or Jewish(how is this a nationality?). Oh well, it's just a little thing that Europeans find funny.

Maybe they are just trying explain their heritage is Irish and trying to find a common ground about something to talk about or break the ice.

Back