Media It was not a headbutt *gif* Or was it?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I found the moment that the commentary team were referring to and slowed it down:

K8Qg1Y.gif

After this punch that hurt Brian, the commentary went on for about 40 seconds about how it was headbutt and that it's a shame that brian has all that damage now from an accidental headbutt. That was clearly NOT a headbutt.

*EDIT*

Fesaine has brought up that they may have been talking about a combo that happened before this:

Looked like brian tried to roll away from the left hand then got hit by it,but I don't know. Hard to tell from that angle. It could very well have been a headbutt.

Br6VPX.gif

Last edited:
Good thing I didn't watch it in english then, I had no idea lol. (I can choose comm. language.)

Pretty sure that one of them claimed to have watched the supposed headbutt back as well haha

they made it seem like they re-wound it on their monitors to check.

I don't remember them saying that but it really doesn't matter. It's not like Volk didn't win because of their missed call.

I don't remember them saying that but it really doesn't matter. It's not like Volk didn't win because of their missed call.

They definitely had the truck pull it up on replay for them a few seconds later. You can always tell because they go something "oh yeah that was a headbutt" or "oh yeah his thumb went into his eye"

Sometimes it's weird how badly they miss stuff

There were multiple times Felder and DC brought up their texting conversations live lol

I never claimed it mattered. Just thought people might be interested in seeing the moment. Most of our posts on here don't matter lol.

That's fair. I would've thought it was a head butt but never really thought about it again because outside of round five, Volk pretty much dominated.

Good to know, that confused me as well. Live it definitely looked like a punch to me, and they immediately said it looked like a clash of heads. When they repeated it like they went back and watched the replay to confirm I was just kinda like "well I guess it was a clash of heads then," but I could've sworn their heads didn't really come all that close to clashing. Now I know.

It was a headbutt, and a hard one.

They didn't start talking about a headbut until after brian seemed to wobble from the right hand in the gif I showed. Maybe they were referring to that combination I guess? but it seemed odd to wait until he was hurt from a big right hand before starting to talk about it.

upload_2021-9-27_13-34-4.png

Absolutely no headbutt. They are inches from one another, but, Volks hand clearly smashes Brian right on the button.

Ortega fans on suicide watch.

They didn't start talking about a headbut until after brian seemed to wobble from the right hand in the gif I showed. Maybe they were referring to that combination I guess? but it seemed odd to wait until after the big right hand from volk that I giffed.
That punch was only a few seconds after the headbutt landed. Ortega was already stunned by then.

That punch was only a few seconds after the headbutt landed. Ortega was already stunned by then.

Ehh, I don't know. seems odd to wait until he wobbles from a big punch ten seconds later before talking about it. I'm not even convinced that's a headbutt in the clip you showed-- looked like Brians head didn't make impact with anything until the left hand. It would be nice to have a better angle from the other side.

Back