It hurts me to say it, but the Sanchez-Gomi robbery ended up being a blessing

MMABr

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
for the fans of MMA!

I'm a huge Gomi supporter and was incredibly disappointed when I heard Bruce Buffer announcing Diego as the winner of their fight. It would've been a 3rd straight win for Gomi that could've lead him to a big fight next... so it was very unfair, unfortunate and just a disgusting robbery on Gomi's 'backyard' to add things up and make it more bitter and overall worse.

taking the positive from the negative, if the proper decision would've been awarded there's NO WAY the Sanchez-Melendez epic war would have occured! they are just not even close in terms of positions in the ranking and the chances of happening in the future = very slim.

so thanks incompetent judges... thanks to you we got to see the FOTY (imo).

with all that said I truly hope Gomi gets a big name fight next.

I guess in a way it ended up being alright. Still fucked up that Gomi got robbed but we atleast got something positive in that being a great fight.

Still dont know how people can say Sanchez won the fight though.. (Gilbert not Gomi)

I don't give a damn about Diego or Gil, so I don't care about their war.

Gomi got robbed.

I don't give a damn about Diego or Gil, so I don't care about their war.

Gomi got robbed.

I'm still pissed about the robbery, it was an awful decision but can't hate on Diego anymore really... never liked the guy but his chin and heart are just amazing and it was a fantastic war.

No it just goes to show how far behind both Sanchez and Melendez and their striking are compared to Gomi.

Keep in mind that was Gomi out there with 1-arm and he made Sanchez take off on his bicycle.

That is scary good Boxing and damn good Power that Gomi has just fighting injured.

No it just goes to show how far behind both Sanchez and Melendez and their striking are compared to Gomi.

Keep in mind that was Gomi out there with 1-arm and he made Sanchez take off on his bicycle.

That is scary good Boxing and damn good Power that Gomi has just fighting injured.

Melendez would out strike gomi any day

1. Gomi got robbed

2. Your thread makes no sense, why would Sanchez/Gil not have happened if Diego lost to Gomi? They would have both been coming off a lose.

3. Fail

Melendez would out strike gomi any day

Dude Melendez is a brawler nothing but slop boxing. Did you even watch that fight there was no footwork, no combinations nor any set up from Melendez? Gomi has more power he also happens to have better Boxing.

Sanchez ran away from Gomi because out of fear but not from Melendez there goes your argument on who is the better striker.

That's quite a reach...

Or a troll come to get people riled up about that decision again.

It bugs me because Gomi is in the twilight of his career, he worked hard to adapt to today's fighters and he succeeded, but then the judges robbed him and took away his momentum.

I like Gil, don't like Diego, and I don't care about their "war" yesterday.

Dude Melendez is a brawler nothing but slop boxing. Did you even watch that fight there was no footwork, no combinations nor any set up from Melendez? Gomi has more power he also happens to have better Boxing.

Sanchez ran away from Gomi because out of fear but not from Melendez there goes your argument on who is the better striker.

0/10 Melendez is a sick boxer. Probably not better than Gomi, but he is way better than you are describing

MMA Math..? No argument needed for your stupidity

1. Gomi got robbed

2. Your thread makes no sense, why would Sanchez/Gil not have happened if Diego lost to Gomi? They would have both been coming off a lose.

3. Fail

dude f it wasn't for robberies Sanchez would be 1-6 in his last 7!!!! 1-6!!! he's not even close to Gil even after the loss to Benson. it would've been very weird to see them be paired up considering Gil was only 1 or 2 fights away from getting the title shot again.

I'm a big Gomi fan, really sucked that he got screwed but, like I said, taking the positive from the negative we got to see the epic fight from last night. why so bitter? :rolleyes:

dude f it wasn't for robberies Sanchez would be 1-6 in his last 7!!!! 1-6!!! he's not even close to Gil even after the loss to Benson. it would've been very weird to see them be paired up considering Gil was only 1 or 2 fights away from getting the title shot again.

I'm a big Gomi fan, really sucked that he got screwed but, like I said, taking the positive from the negative we got to see the epic fight from last night. why so bitter? :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter since the UFC doesn't even follow their own ranking system.

MMA Math..? No argument needed for your stupidity

Fuck your Math what kinda footwork is that? A technical striker or any decent boxer with training would know better than to get into a rock em sock slop boxing match.

Melendez played into Sanchez game and got tagged numerous times for it. A technician on the floor like Gomi would never allow that to happen.

You play slop boxing with Gomi you going to get countered and chewed out.

Or a troll come to get people riled up about that decision again.

It bugs me because Gomi is in the twilight of his career, he worked hard to adapt to today's fighters and he succeeded, but then the judges robbed him and took away his momentum.

I like Gil, don't like Diego, and I don't care about their "war" yesterday.

^ quoting myself again for you. Big Gomi fan, like I said, but fights like the one from yesterday between Sanchez and Melendez are absolutely awesome and great for the sport. seems like you are just a fanboy, I like some fighters more than others but watching sick fights is always great regardless if you 'like' the ones involved or not. that's my view on it.

Fuck your Math what kinda footwork is that? A technical striker or any decent boxer with training would know better than to get into a rock em sock slop boxing match.

Melendez played into Sanchez game and got tagged numerous times for it. A technician on the floor like Gomi would never allow that to happen.

You play slop boxing with Gomi you going to get countered and chewed out.

Go watch the melendez and josh thompson trilogy, noob!! lmao

Gomi is a overrated can who never accomplished anything besides beating nobodies he got raped by diaz and penn

Where has Gomi been anyway? I'm sure if he wasn't jobbed he'd of had a fight by now.

Doesn't matter since the UFC doesn't even follow their own ranking system.

^This

1. UFC makes out of rank fights all the time (see JBJ/Chael)

2. Don't try to flip it like you was talking about all of Diego's gifted decision's, if Gomi would have got his deserved win than Diego/Gil would have still made sense. Both fighters would have been coming off a lose & it was an exciting fight.

3. Fail again

Go watch the melendez and josh thompson trilogy, noob!! lmao

Gomi is a overrated can who never accomplished anything besides beating nobodies he got raped by diaz and penn

Thomson lit up Melendez in the last fight he actually won that fight what are you talking about?

Yeah that is stupid tell me to watch a fight where the contender actually won the fight over the champion.

How about you watch the fight, stupido!

Back