It hurts me to say it, but the Sanchez-Gomi robbery ended up being a blessing

dude f it wasn't for robberies Sanchez would be 1-6 in his last 7!!!! 1-6!!! he's not even close to Gil even after the loss to Benson. it would've been very weird to see them be paired up considering Gil was only 1 or 2 fights away from getting the title shot again.

I'm a big Gomi fan, really sucked that he got screwed but, like I said, taking the positive from the negative we got to see the epic fight from last night. why so bitter? :rolleyes:

I thought you made a good point. I don't see how Diego gets this fight against Melendez otherwise. And he was still as much as a 9-1 underdog in some places. That decision going his way helped to "justify" the fight. And it turned out to be a great fight

Its not like you are saying that you are glad Gomi got got robbed. But since there is nothing that can be done about it, at least we got see a great fight because of it. I am sure anybody would agree if they had a choice, they would miss the war and give Gomi his deserved win. But since that isn't an option, I am glad we got to see the war because of it.

Thomson lit up Melendez in the last fight he actually won that fight what are you talking about?

Yeah that is stupid tell me to watch a fight where the contender actually won the fight over the champion.

How about you watch the fight, stupido!

I always wondered how a blind person can type on these forums? Does your mommy read the message to you? Or maybe your granddad?

Im done here lil one

^This

1. UFC makes out of rank fights all the time (see JBJ/Chael)

2. Don't try to flip it like you was talking about all of Diego's gifted decision's, if Gomi would have got his deserved win than Diego/Gil would have still made sense. Both fighters would have been coming off a lose & it was an exciting fight.

3. Fail again

1. Because Chael and Diego Sanchez are equally huge draws for the public...

2. Not flipping it, I even made a THREAD about Sanchez ridiculous gifted decisions of the past including Gomi and how undeserving he was of facing Gil (because he truly lost those previous robberies)

3. Ok bro, I failed! Now I hope that makes you sleep good at night :wink:

I thought you made a good point. I don't see how Diego gets this fight against Melendez otherwise. And he was still as much as a 9-1 underdog in some places. That decision going his way helped to "justify" the fight. And it turned out to be a great fight

Its not like you are saying that you are glad Gomi got got robbed. But since there is nothing that can be done about it, at least we got see a great fight because of it. I am sure anybody would agree if they had a choice, they would miss the war and give Gomi his deserved win. But since that isn't an option, I am glad we got to see the war because of it.

Fully agree with you man, glad someone got my point. Thought I was very clear about it but some people just want to rage for nothing apparently.

English isn't my first language and I swear it seems like I've got better reading comprehension than many people here.

I always wondered how a blind person can type on these forums? Does your mommy read the message to you? Or maybe your granddad?

Im done here lil one

Oh so we throwing Mommy jokes now?

Gomi's days are numbered.

Diego is a living legend. That guy should get into the HOF on sheer heart alone.

He's inhuman. Amazing how even in losing, he is generating most of the positive press.

The hairs on my arms still haven't stopped standing.

No it just goes to show how far behind both Sanchez and Melendez and their striking are compared to Gomi.

Keep in mind that was Gomi out there with 1-arm and he made Sanchez take off on his bicycle.

That is scary good Boxing and damn good Power that Gomi has just fighting injured.

Melendez would batter Gomi. Diego hit Gomi a lot more than he hit Melendez despite the uppercut in round 3

Dude Melendez is a brawler nothing but slop boxing. Did you even watch that fight there was no footwork, no combinations nor any set up from Melendez? Gomi has more power he also happens to have better Boxing.

Sanchez ran away from Gomi because out of fear but not from Melendez there goes your argument on who is the better striker.

...Did you watch the fight? I don't know how you can say Melendez has no footwork if you did.

2. Not flipping it, I even made a THREAD about Sanchez ridiculous gifted decisions of the past including Gomi and how undeserving he was of facing Gil (because he truly lost those previous robberies)

1. Ok, how about JBJ/Vitor, Go ahead & tell me about JBJ draw power

2. The fight makes sense, Dana wants Gil to get a win since he blew his debut and Sanchez is not so far down on the ranks to be considered the C-word. He got a lot of gifted decisions but this fight makes sense regardless of the Gomi fight

3. U Mad!

dude f it wasn't for robberies Sanchez would be 1-6 in his last 7!!!! 1-6!!! he's not even close to Gil even after the loss to Benson. it would've been very weird to see them be paired up considering Gil was only 1 or 2 fights away from getting the title shot again.

I'm a big Gomi fan, really sucked that he got screwed but, like I said, taking the positive from the negative we got to see the epic fight from last night. why so bitter? :rolleyes:

If you acknowledge that, like Chael, Diego is a big draw, then how is it a blessing that Gomi lost to Sanchez?

1. Ok, how about JBJ/Vitor, Go ahead & tell me about JBJ draw power

2. The fight makes sense, Dana wants Gil to get a win since he blew his debut and Sanchez is not so far down on the ranks to be considered the C-word. He got a lot of gifted decisions but this fight makes sense regardless of the Gomi fight

3. U Mad!

it's ok to disagree man, I think i've made my point clear.

Some people will think the Melendez-Sanchez fight would've still happened (like you), and some people don't think it would've happened without the gifted decision (like me).

not mad, all good lol

If you acknowledge that, like Chael, Diego is a big draw, then how is it a blessing that Gomi lost to Sanchez?

no, I meant that they're not even close in terms of popularity and big of a draw. sarcasm.

Diego beat gomi
Gil beat Diego

All is good on my end

Fully agree with you man, glad someone got my point. Thought I was very clear about it but some people just want to rage for nothing apparently.

English isn't my first language and I swear it seems like I've got better reading comprehension than many people here.

I thought you were pretty clear

And that was a lose/lose situation for Melendez. Without the Gomi "win" gifted to Diego I don't see how the UFC justifies making Melendez take that fight. Not only Diego is a close friend and old training partner, Gil's stock doesn't go up at all for beating a guy he is expected to dominate. Hence, the 9-1 odds. Yet he has to give who he knows is a dangerous guy a fight that due to their styles will be a war who really had done nothing to deserve a fight with a guy who came very close to dethroning Henderson and some think he should have. And credit to Melendez for fighting how he did. He could have engaged less and outclassed Diego but that isn't how he fights. But without the Gomi decision, I don't see Diego getting that fight

So out of a terrible robbery that nobody can change, at least we got to see a great fight. Since the choice was Gomi getting robbed and nothing worthwhile coming out of it or Gomi getting robbed and the fans getting to see a war, I obviously would choose the latter.

Have a good one

Gomi is a style fighter. Sucks against stronger wrestlers but better against BJJ guys with no striking or wrestling. I love Gomi, but he's not in the picture to even contend. He'll sell tickets when or if the UFC goes back to Japan.

Fight probably would've still happened. Or if it didn't, Gomi vs Melendez would've been epic too, no doubt.

Back