It appears Jones is beginning his decline

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Which hey, no real shame in that. Happened to the greatest fighter ever Sugar Ray Robinson. Happened to Ali, Pernell, Leonard, Roy Jones, Floyd. If you wanna go mma happened to GSP, Randy, Chuck etc.

Jones appears to be slowing down ( I thought he looked pretty bad in the Santos fight too)

And so get ready for this, because when the decline comes, it usually comes pretty hard

If he knows what's best for him, he'll retire after fighting Corey Anderson or Jan Blachowicz.

Was never that good confirmed by Sherdog.

PS: IMO Jones hasn’t looked the same since the OSP fight.

I said it that, even in the second Gus fight, he looked slow and diminished. Older + no roids. Fact of life.

I think it begun when he fought Smith

Jon Jones didn't finish Rashad Evans, he had a tough fight against Gustafsson I, and he didn't finish OSP. In my ignorant opinion, he has been pretty steady since the Rashad Evans fight.

Now, heis entering the GSP stage of his career. Winning is becoming more important than entertaining the fans. There is a lot more at stake for him. So, all he has to do is find a way to win.

People hate Jones the person so they go out of their way to hate Jones the fighter

Which hey, no real shame in that. Happened to the greatest fighter ever Sugar Ray Robinson. Happened to Ali, Pernell, Leonard, Roy Jones, Floyd. If you wanna go mma happened to GSP, Randy, Chuck etc.

Jones appears to be slowing down ( I thought he looked pretty bad in the Santos fight too)

And so get ready for this, because when the decline comes, it usually comes pretty hard

I still would favour Floyd over most elite guys Right now.

It really did seem like he just phoned in his last two fights. Maybe he's slowing down, but it comes across to me as he's taking things less seriously and is just too content now when he's there.

I still would favour Floyd over most elite guys Right now.
at 147? I would not

I am not sure his reflexes are still there to handle Porter. I am not a big Spence guy but he probably loses to him as well

People hate Jones the person so they go out of their way to hate Jones the fighter
I have no problem with Jon Jones. don't even really mind the outta cage stuff. they are fighters not saints. manage you're expectations of them

just calling it like i see it

He is still young, and only has been in a few wars but... the dude did shoot himself in the foot and barely fought from 2014-2019, wasting his prime years.

He should retire now and the career would be insane. Basically all but undefeated. Forget the dq bull shit and regardless of the questionable decisions lately. The history books will clearly show no man has ever beaten jon Jones. The one he lost he beat himself by absolutely savaging matt Hamill

I think Jones will do better in the rematch (if it ever happens). Anytime he's fought a fighter of comparable length he seems to struggle (well relatively speaking)

He should retire now and the career would be insane. Basically all but undefeated. Forget the dq bull shit and regardless of the questionable decisions lately. The history books will clearly show no man has ever beaten jon Jones. The one he lost he beat himself by absolutely savaging matt Hamill

This. Jones Bless. Jones GOAT!

If he knows what's best for him, he'll retire after fighting Corey Anderson or Jan Blachowicz.
He should avoid Anderson. Say what you will about him, but Anderson is in his prime now. He's a much better fighter now than 4 years ago.

I think Anderson beats current Jones. But prime Jones would destroy him.

Throw in a life time of PED use (he's been called out for this and his family is notorious for PED abuse)

So.

He was sporting some decent tits at the weigh in -- so there's that.

Back