It appears Jones is beginning his decline

He can retire now and be the GOAT of MMA. Keyboard warriors are like oh he's about to lose cause he's getting old yadadada... well no one can beat him at his best. Already surpassed Fedor long ago.

Yes he is. I've noticed that too. Father time is undefeated. He's not chronologically old, but he's been fighting at an elite level for a long time. He's old in fight years. The training is hard on your body. The cumulative damage is hard on your brain. He doesn't get hit a ton, but he gets hit enough to add up over time. I thought he would lose last night, which I think he did, but his first legit L is coming. It's only a matter of time.

Isnt he like just a year older than Izzy? He is even that old.

He is just fighting better strikers with length. His striking is still mediocre.

I will say his toughness, fight IQ is above everyone else

Don't really think that I think he's kinda going on cruise control now like St. Pierre did. It's like in any job, once you get the hang of it and find an easier way to do it you'll do it that way and still make the same money. I can't really fault him for that because he's already got finishes in the past so really all he needs to do now is keep adding notches to his belt before he retires.

Which hey, no real shame in that. Happened to the greatest fighter ever Sugar Ray Robinson. Happened to Ali, Pernell, Leonard, Roy Jones, Floyd. If you wanna go mma happened to GSP, Randy, Chuck etc.

Jones appears to be slowing down ( I thought he looked pretty bad in the Santos fight too)

And so get ready for this, because when the decline comes, it usually comes pretty hard
USAD made everyone decline.

He can retire now and be the GOAT of MMA. Keyboard warriors are like oh he's about to lose cause he's getting old yadadada... well no one can beat him at his best. Already surpassed Fedor long ago.
Imo it’s him and gsp at the top of the all time rankings

Well, that or he didn't train much. Maybe he didn't take this fight as seriously as he should have.

Or the other guy is just a really, really good fighter.

He might have clearly surpassed Fedor if he had avoided getting busted multiple times. He threw too many opportunities out the window. Now, no one really wants to rank him.

Jones performance has went down hill quickly since the USADA pulsing backlash, there’s no way around it. Its funny seeing him struggle so much versus mediocre one dimensional fighters

I was never a jones hater until before this fight and held judgment, but yesterday and his last few fights is enough evidence for me.......USADA 42 tests in 2019...and his performances decline noticeably.

Should we just assume this is a coincidence?

He needs to work on his wrestling again, his wrestling is supbar....Ppl used to fear his wrestling...

His decline happened around the time he fought Gustafsson in 2013. It didnt help that he only fought once a year after that.

Apparently nobody can beat a declined Jones

Back