It’s hard to feel bad for UFC fighters who are struggling to make money

Yup, but UFC isn´t a monopoly as many like to suggest. Unions or not, you simply do not get paid well until you make it or climb up that ladder.
There´s always a minimum wage for someone.
nah the UFC is definitely a monopoly. Look at the global top 15 rankings on fightmatrix or sherdog or MMAJunkie. Generally speaking the UFC has anywhere between 67%-100% of the top 15 consolidated under their banner (and for most divisions it's usually around 80%) and the degree of control they have over the MMA media makes it worse.

Other folks pay is of little to no concern ta me. I pay with my cash and or time for entertainment. That's the fight...

Anyhow pay is moot at this point. UFC isn't going to change and likely the other Orgs can't afford to...

UFC Contracts = IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
People literally begging for those contracts = IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII prolly 10X more

YOu haven't met nice Dana, who thinks youre going to be the next champ and make millions of dollars because you're so good. They're good at selling the fighters to jump into the pit. Thats really one of their main skills in addition to whipping them when they are already shackled. But as you said, its on the person to be an adult and not think they will be the one fighter to change Dana and the UFC because they are so good.
Ive seen other deals get done that are similar. The key is to use the fighter's self confidence against them.

"Well you're good right? You're going to beat everyone? No worries then, you'll be richer than McGregor. If you think you're going to lose and you're a fcking bitch, then this place isn't for you."

I was literally in a fucking tag battle on Twitter over this shit with Leftists who quoted AoC and Bernie Sanders' talking points.

You people believe that these prelims fighters should be making main event or co-maim event type of money and get FOTN bonuses just for the fuck of it.

They have contracts that they can negotiate over with the UFC. Put on a damn show, be creative and entertaining.

I just drove by an In N Out and you start at $14.50. They should start wrasslin a griddle if they want to make the money, amirite?
a part-time gig would make sense for at least lower to mid tier fighters. especially if they could get free or discounted food. they're not training 60 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, so it's an option

Fight out your contract and leave or don’t sign at all at this point

Except as evidenced 100 times, it's damn near impossible to fight our your contract if you're a winning fighter

When organizations like Bellator, RIZIN, PFL and many others would pay them so much more and let them wear sponsors on their shorts which would help them out so much. Instead people like Buys is begging and pleading to Uncle Dana for 50k which is sad. At this point you know what you’re getting into signing here so I don’t wanna hear anymore, “I’m struggling to get by” or “I had to take 2 jobs because I don’t get paid enough”.

Fight out your contract and leave or don’t sign at all at this point.
What do you mean they pay them so much more? Based on what?

Maybe that should tell fans that we shouldn't believe what these orgs say they pay fighters. 99% of them are trying to get in the UFC and it isn't because of low pay and shitty work conditions. It's because moderate success in the UFC pays better than the other orgs being successful and if you become very successful the pay isn't even in the same universe.

You gotta start somewhere and I do agree that the bottom pay should come up enough that fighters can concentrate on the craft and not have to hold a full time job if they are in the UFC.

Show us a payout for recent bellator and UFC cards, you will see who pays more, stop it, big names make decent money in Bellator, but the lower end is usually worst than UFC's, the whole "they pay me a lot more" is false narrative, or Bellator is going to be bankrupt soon if they pay chumps big dollar with really bad ratings.

Hard to feel bad for them? Wtf is wrong with you? They're in the organization with well over 90% of the most talented of each division in the world -- if they want to fight the best and be the best they have to be in the UFC.
you made up the 90%

Except as evidenced 100 times, it's damn near impossible to fight our your contract if you're a winning fighter
It is, but winning fighters are usually well paid, they dont want to leave.

Fighters don't make nearly as much money as people think for getting sponsors on their shorts. How much do you think companies are going to pay to reach an audience of 100,000 people.
Guys like Travis Browne, Brendan Schaub and Stephan Bonnar used to make 100K or more a fight in straight sponsorship money. I dont know how you get they would only reach an audience of 100,000 people when the fight is on tv or online. So there is potential to reach millions of viewers. Also Those other Orgs dont pay more money overall. Unless you are their top fighter someone like Chris Cyborg in bellator you are making maybe half of what UFC pays if you are a prelim fighter. Overall UFC pays better. Should they pay more yea they should is it getting better it is.

That’s not true at all..
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo.../10/how-long-are-ufc-exclusive-contracts/amp/

It’s worth noting that from 2010 to 2015, 50% of UFC contracts contained a 90-day exclusive negotiating period when their term expired, and 99.9% called for a one-year period of restricted free agency, which the UFC calls its “Right to Match” period.

Even if someone manages to fight out their contract, they are forced to go a year + with no income before they can sign with another organization

That’s not a free market. Anyone who needs to get paid writhing about 15 months (3 month camp) to avoid the bills piling up will have to re-sign with the UFC under their terms

Show us a payout for recent bellator and UFC cards, you will see who pays more, stop it, big names make decent money in Bellator, but the lower end is usually worst than UFC's, the whole "they pay me a lot more" is false narrative, or Bellator is going to be bankrupt soon if they pay chumps big dollar with really bad ratings.
Even so the biggest names in the ufc make a lot more than the biggest names in bellator.

The people who argue UFC doesn't pay enough don't want to talk about the other options in other leagues, because UFC pays more than all the others. But there is a case that UFC has most the viewership in the sport so they should be obligated.

Like any profession, if you´re good at it and "make it" you´ll get paid well. UFC or MMA is no different.

Most fighters doesn´t seem to understand that.
I think they perfectly understand it. Just as most NHL players know they will never get the big contracts. They will end their careers after 5-10 years having made 5-20 million.

Back