Issy is one of the greatest fighters of all time. However, I'm worried about his mindset.

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
Issy is the #1 PFP active fighter. There's no doubt about it.

Talented, hard-working, good looks... this guy ticks all the right boxes.

Most importantly, he has a good team. Personally, I think Mendez and Khabib are the best in the business right now. Khamzat needs to hit them up ASAP.

Despite all this, I'm concerned about Issy's mindset. He's making a huge mistake... one many PFP greats have made. I call it the 'PFP trap'.

Let me explain...

Usman 'n' Volkanovski.

Usman 'n' Volkanovski both had the same mindset prior to their downfall. Both of them were too focused on becoming multi-division champs and both fighters ended up getting KO'D in their own division.

Issy himself said that he wants to move up to welterweight after a few more fights. This concerns me.

Make no mistake, no one in the LW division is worthy enough of even being mentioned in the same sentence as Issy. He's just that good.

But that's not the case at welterweight. There's some big boy boys there... Leon, Shavkat, Ian Garry... the list goes on.

LW to WW is a huge jump. If Issy wants to fight at welterweight, he needs to do it right.

Credit where credit is due, Jon's transition to HW was well executed. He relinquished the belt, bulked up and trained for his new division. No corners cut.

Some of you may be tempted to bring up Potent (MW x LHW champ). In Potent's case, he has 0 title defences at MW and moved up to the least stacked division in the UFC (+ don't forget the favorable matchmaking and how much of a freak weight cutter he is).

Issy should approach with caution He might be the invincible guy at LW but at WW he looks beatable.

Last edited:
Izzy got that dog in him...
fe7xvhowaaanvbhtW5N_display.jpg

Don't worry TS ><

Silly names aside, yeah, WW is going to be a huge test for Makhachev. That's why I want to see it if he beats Arman. We could see a "there's a reason for weight classes" performance or the start of a potential GOAT run.

"That's why no one will remember your name." - Achilles.

Makhachev has got Armand, Gamrot, Holloway as possible opponents in the next year or so. If he want to move up to Welterweight, let him. He's just wanting to be great.

It probably took you longer to type 'n' than it would have to just type 'and'

I barely could stomach his loss against strickland. I mean of all HONORABLE WORTHY
fighters, i asked god Why strickland. Strickland isnt even allowed to go to heaven.

so how on gods green earth did this happen. but it was after He failed at defending his first title defense
that it was nothing more than a silly fluke..... Now i sleep great at night.

That said if Izzy loses to DDP too....

1718880758931.png

Last edited:
DDP relies on athleticism and bum-rushing his opponents. He pushes a high pace with his movement, but it's mostly linear, no head movement, chin up. It's basically a non-stop brawler with grappling threat.
It's difficult to deal with because he's a force of nature. But guys like Alex and Adesanya should (in theory) be able to handle him with relative ease.

I actually think most fighters or athletes in general try to push and test themselves instead of wanting to play it safe…

Why stay at a weight class if you don’t feel challenged?

If the goal was to try and stay unbeaten then I suppose he would want to stay where he feels comfortable, but I really don’t think that’s his mindset. In fact, I believe he wants to move up to 170 because he feels he can be beat there…

Of course, we can’t no for sure because we aren’t mind-readers.

I barely could stomach his loss against strickland. I mean of all HONORABLE WORTHY
fighters, i asked god Why strickland. Strickland isnt even allowed to go to heaven.

so how on gods green earth did this happen. but it was after He failed at defending his first title defense

Wrong thread. This thread is about Issy. Islam bro.

izzy loves to fight guys that stand in there like a robot with less activity
paulo costa and romero

he hates fighting guys that can pressure him nonstop like sean
also he has a big weakness on guys that will use wrestling against him
like jan

and please dont tell me he beat romero who is an olympic wrestler
the dude doesnt even use his wrestling

ddp has all the tools to beat him up

Can some please explain this meme to me. Never understood it

Back