• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ISSA Certification

I stand corrected. You do need CEU's to renew. But I also found this in their FAQ section.

Does my bachelor's degree have to be in an exercise science-related field?

No, a bachelor's degree is the requirement, but currently there is not a policy indicating that the degree must be earned in a specific area (e.g., exercise science). exam candidates without a degree in an exercise science-related field can be successful in passing the exam. For these individuals, taking college courses in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, etc., and gaining experience in a strength and conditioning facility can be valuable assets.

I stand corrected, You do need CEU's to renew your CSCS. I also found this on the NSCA FAQ section.

Does my bachelor's degree have to be in an exercise science-related field?

No, a bachelor's degree is the requirement, but currently there is not a policy indicating that the degree must be earned in a specific area (e.g., exercise science). exam candidates without a degree in an exercise science-related field can be successful in passing the exam. For these individuals, taking college courses in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, etc., and gaining experience in a strength and conditioning facility can be valuable assets.

Admin:
for some reason it posted twice. can you delete one, thanks.

Honestly taking the ISSA course right now. Got a diploma in kinesiology already. But yeah this course is pretty bad talks very little about the actual training aspects and how to apply training concepts. Thank god I know how to program/train already lol.

50% of the course just talks about anatomy which imo, you don’t need to know a ton of, for being a personal trainer….

I have certs from Issa, nasm and west side.
Issa has the best information as it was developed by Fred Hatfield. West side certs are pretty good. Nasm is horrible but of all the certs nasm is the best to land a job with.

I have certs from Issa, nasm and west side.
Issa has the best information as it was developed by Fred Hatfield. West side certs are pretty good. Nasm is horrible but of all the certs nasm is the best to land a job with.

Might have to check those west side certs. I like conjugate and follow a lot of west side philosophy.

Back