Israel takes aim at Jon Jones again

Even 4 inches is an advantage. that's why i am intrigued.

Fair enough, I'm just saying it's not an insane differential. Both guys don't need to be in boxing range to land effective strikes, as they both have very good kicks. Honestly, if this fight happened in the next year or so, Jones would win. But at the rate Adesanya is improving, in two-three years he can be a legit threat to Jones. He seems very aware of his deficits inside the octagon and improves them with every fight. I was impressed with his takedown defense against Gastellum and his BJJ once the fight hit the mat. That triangle was slick, and if both guys weren't really sweaty, he very well could have locked it in. I think Jones knows this and that's why he's angling for that fight right now. I'm not saying Adesanya would definitely win in a few years time, but it would be A LOT closer of a fight then if they fought right now. If Adesanya can beat Whittaker and defend his belt a few times, a super fight with Jones is VERY intriguing imo.

Jones is cleaning out LHW for the SECOND TIME. Israel still aint even done MW once. Hes got Whittaker, Romero, Costa, Rockhold, Weidman, THEN he can talk.

LOL

Adesanya already admitted that. He literally said he wants to clear out the top guys at MW first.

Nice try though, LOL.

I don't know him personally but none of these guys are saints. We all remember when Jones said he used to tell on kids for smoking weed.

This stuff has a way of biting them in the butt when they get on a pedestal.

and then smokes bud himself.

fuck him.
piece of shit hypocrite

Love how everything surrounding Israel be it him or people posting to him have unicorns and gay pride rainbows but there are still people saying he ain't gay.

Israel’s reach is 79” to Jon’s 84”. But it’s Jon’s mastery of using his reach that Israel needs to worry about. If Jon was fighting Gastelum in Israel’s body he would have straight up murdered him. Israel was getting tagged when he had the reach advantage by a mile.

Nope. Jones had a bigger reach advantage vs DC than Israel had vs Kelvin, yet DC landed plenty on Jones.

Hmmmmmm.

In the case of an eventual fight between Jones and Adesanya, i wonder how Izzy can pass the insane reach Jones has.

#1 He wouldn't be able to.

#2 I know mmath doesn't work, but c'mon. Mini kelvin rocked him, and tagged him a ton during their fight. Jones would throttle him.

Israel had trouble with a 43-year old's unorthodox striking game. Imagine a much bigger, much stronger, much younger fighter who also has unorthodox striking and a huge reach advantage....and he can take you down at will.

Twitter wars are cute and all, but don't start believing your own press, Israel.

Jones is cleaning out LHW for the SECOND TIME. Israel still aint even done MW once. Hes got Whittaker, Romero, Costa, Rockhold, Weidman, THEN he can talk.

LOL
Exactly. I don't understand this hype at all, Israel has a long looong way to go before he even can think about Jones.

Its funny, lots of fighters ignore the ped talk I think its incase they test positive maybe? Or some don't care to talk about it. But guys like Isreal and DC are actually clean fighters no doubt. It wouldn't make sense for them to shit talk peds so much if they do it and think they might get caught. It really sucks that some fighters are on peds while some aren't because of the big advantage. But I guess thats why theres the regular category and the cheaters category.

DC is so against peds he calls out someone from his camp for doing it, and the guys been tested alot more then other fighters so hes probably clean. I would've loved to see who would've won between him and a clean Jones if Jones wasn't so scared
I completely agree with this logic but tbh DC seems a bit half hearted when he take about peds sometimes. And I'm a fan.

I think Adesanya is cool and all. But Kevin Gastelum is a fat welterweight (a really good fighter - but not really supposed to be a mw) that he barely beat. And he’s gonna beat the Light Heavyweight overlord that can probably be good as a heavyweight?

Cmon man.

Nope. Jones had a bigger reach advantage vs DC than Israel had vs Kelvin, yet DC landed plenty on Jones.
DC is DC. I was only commenting on a hypothetical fight between Jon Jones in Israel’s body vs Gastelum. I guess you can argue that Kelvin does as well as DC does vs bigger, longer guys but DC has made a career out of it. But your point is valid, I just disagree.

Ya I’d fight Jones..

In two or three fights when I’m ‘ready’.

Don’t bite off more than you can chew, Izzy

Israel Adensanya seems <24>

Back