News Israel Adesanya says he is "not going to fight for a long time" as he plans an extended UFC hiatus.

he is 34 so he probably should stay out if he wants to leave

Whatever he wants to do, he should do. But don't take too long. Izzy is 34, and time is not kind to people who rely on their reflexes.

I mean, you lose to Sean Strickland, you should probably take a long step back.

He's been most active champ, he's earned a break. when you're winning and taking fight after fight you just roll with it but once you lose esp to SS its time to chill for a minute. Rest up, I mean he had the DUI, didnt look good vs SS, relax for a bit. Take a year off, let the div play out a bit with ddp, ss, khamzat etc.

In reality, Adesanya always loved to fight contenders in a short notice, not the first time. Opponents almost never had a fair shake. Dricus was right in denying the fight and the fact is, for the first time and the worst way possible, beating contenders in a short notice backfired badly: lost to a guy that he should never ever lose, took a knockdown, got exposed by his dog fetish in interviews and etc.

I mean, he is just hiding in shame, almost every single MMA fan knows about those things and he can't show up on TV or crowded interviews anymore. Strickland beat him way before the fight when he started exposing the guy for who he really is. That's what matters most, his fabricated image is shattered, not the octagon defeat itself. Hard thing to erase from people's minds. But to each their own, he did all that, so now it's time to accept karma.

Breast reduction?

He def needs a break. He's accomplished incredible shit. He's gotta get his mind right and whatever happens next is up to him.

Gotta give the man his due tho

I don't understand how he went from destroying Alex to getting schooled by Strickland. I would've bet my house that he'd beat Sean, it felt like a last-minute matchup anyway. I guess he took a dive as his heart wasnt in it

Back