• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Israel Adesanya NEXT BIG THING 2 of his PPV does 100k each

He called himself the next big thing.

Just because he looks like Jonesy doesn't make him Jonesy.

Jon Jones was a slow starter on PPV too... but now he's one of the best sellerz.

Last edited:
Jon Jones was a slow starter on PPV too... but now he's one of the best sellerz.

It's also a bit unfair to put the last sales on display due to the ESPN+ switch.
his bout against Anderson Silva wasn't on ESPN tho

Not a fan of his, but he does have an aesthetically pleasing headkick, which would be good if he KTFO's someone with it.

his bout against Anderson Silva wasn't on ESPN tho
Okay, my bad... but the Gastelum fight was right?

Main point is that some people are slow starters for PPV. Jones being the main example, as he was crushing it for a long time before finally breaking through the gate.

You gotta get the attention of the casualz to sell big... & Izzy came out of nowhere last year (from the casual pov...) but fought 6 times since... & started out under the radar. He quickly got the attention of the hard cores though I'd say.

Gastelum was a major feather in his cap but the casuals probably don't appreciate it because Gastelum isn't a press hooker. So Izzy may not sell big next time either, but it looks like he's here to stay at the top of the division, so the casuals should pick up on it & start making him a draw. He'z got a charisma that I think will attract their attention eventually. Especially if he keeps winning.

Last edited:
Israel obviously didn't do enough interviews for this PPV. Next time he'll have to put out way more soundbytes and memes to attract the casuals.

not his fighting style.. but people kept saying he is gonna be a big star
He definitely will likely not be a big star. He is from New Zealand (which has more sheep than people) and out of Nigeria (a man with out a country to support him really, like Conor and GSP had), he's not some uber dominant KO artist (like Tyson), his trash talk is really not that good or witty (like clueless Conor or Chael), he lacks a gimmick (like Ronda being 'the first UFC woman's champion or Diaz being a stoner) and he does not rustle jimmies (like Brock, Floyd and McGregor did). I think there is a possibility he may be bi, and if that's the case, that could be his gimmick, but he lacks everything it takes to be a massive draw and separate him. Plus, he simply is not that good, a kind of anime, dorky memeish Jon Jones-lite. He could improve but I do not see him dominating the best of the best, especially when we know this has happened and jacked up any and all aura of invincibility:

UniqueShockingIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

everyone kept and keep saying Adesanya is the next McGregor lol and both his ppv did 100k this year

Shit like this is bizarre.

1. That PPV failed because of the ESPN+ paywall. You're literally the only person that I've heard trying to blame one of the fighters, and you're doing it to a guy who wasn't even headlining.

2. There are far more threads pushing back against this massive PR effort that's supposedly being waged on Adesanya's behalf than there are posts hyping him.

Back