• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Israel Adesanya NEXT BIG THING 2 of his PPV does 100k each

Mma is weird . The fanbase doesn't really gravitate towards black fighters. Even dudes like Jones and anderson, who had a ton of finishes and are exciting fighters, sell less than decision gsp and Brock. If Israel were white I'm sure his payperviews would sell more

Edit: it's like how Askren is popular to mma fanbase but his act Is looked upon as corny and lame by blacks and non-whites
I've liked a lot of black fighters. Rampage in his prime, Mo in his prime, randlemen, Yves Edwards.. White people may like to watch white people do well a little more, it's true. I mean, not as much as the reverse with Japanese or black people, but yeah..

I'm pretty sure virtually no one has said that, let alone "everyone".

I think the more common claim is that he's going to be Modern Era Anderson Silva.

Still probably not true, but not an immediately ludicrous statement.

This. And it took Anderson time and a lot of promotion to be a star. No one is close to Conor in terms of fame/earning power.

Lol so we all basically agree that TS is a chode then?

No one said that ever
I've liked a lot of black fighters. Rampage in his prime, Mo in his prime, randlemen, Yves Edwards.. White people may like to watch white people do well a little more, it's true. I mean, not as much as the reverse with Japanese or black people, but yeah..

Yeah people like to watch others that look like them and that they can relate to but it seems more pronounced in mma than other sports . Why is that?

Depends on the matchup. I'm more interested in fighters I'm in a fan of.
Interesting, I was thinking the other way haha. :D Do you watch the sport because of the competition (to see who's the best fighter, who beats who and all that stuff...) or because of martial arts (technique, craft, fighting philosophy)?

Interesting, I was thinking the other way haha. :D Do you watch the sport because of the competition (to see who's the best fighter, who beats who and all that stuff...) or because of martial arts (technique, craft, fighting philosophy)?

Exactly. I’m a huge fan of the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL. There are 4 league games played each week during the season (usually). 9 teams in total, so one team always has a bye each week.

I don’t just watch the Eskimo games, though. But most weeks will watch all 4 games. There’s usually a dbl header Friday nights.

I’m a fan of the game. But, at the same time it’s okay to be a casual fan, or just a fan of one team. And watch just the one game with your team.

I watch the complete card, every card. To each their own, though.

The guy is good, he has big potential to be a big star for sure

Yeah people like to watch others that look like them and that they can relate to but it seems more pronounced in mma than other sports . Why is that?
Because white people are nice and watch other kinds of people in pretty much every major sport.. Oh, and it's not even really like that in mma like you are saying.

Syllables not Sales matter in the eyes of fauxcores.

Apparently:

UnimportantAshamedGrassspider-max-1mb.gif

4-Tricks-to-Make-Boring-Filler-Scenes-Exciting-742x556.jpg

If he was in pride, this whole forum would be talking hypothetical matchups with rich Franklin and Matt Hughes

I think the more common claim is that he's going to be Modern Era Anderson Silva.

I don't see the comparison at all aside from him being a striker. His head movement and counters are even close to the slickness as Silva's

im not even sold hes gonna get the actual mw belt lol

a lil crazy to compare a guy to silva who had 10 defenses and is among the best ever. this guy's journey is just beginning.

everyone kept and keep saying Adesanya is the next McGregor lol and both his ppv did 100k this year

Did you hear about the ESPN+ PPV fiasco? People were demanding their money back in swarm when they couldn't get their PPV stream to play.

Obsession with PPV numbers, yep current state of MMA fans. Who gives a fuck, the whole ESPN+/PPV subscription thing had a lot to do with it, but you fans who are more stuck on PPV buys and how much a fighter makes are losing track of what makes MMA great.

Gotta think that he'll get more buys since the gastelum fight. People want to see what's next after that memorable fight

I don’t think I’ve seen anybody say Adesanya will be the next McGregor. I’ve seen Silva’s name, but I believe it’s in reference to skills, possible future career trajectory, etc.

tenor.gif
Yeah and even those people are underestimating how immediate Silva broke the division upon arrival

Didn't he call out the champ after his 2nd ufc fight?

Black ppl are more into boxing in general if they even like combat sports in the first place. When you have scummy ppl like DW and their thirst and love for blonde blue eyes ppl like Sage or Paige I can see how they don’t really get into mma. The UFC has great black fighters but they just don’t know how to promote them right. For a company that calls themselves a “promotion,” they sure do suck at actually .. you know .. promoting. They couldn’t turn anyone into a star. Conor was a star on his own and Ronda was the novelty first wmma fighter. Other than that, UFC couldn’t promote shit honestly. They had a guy who defended his belt 11 times and they still couldn’t figure out how to turn him into a star. Fucking clueless.

Lol no Dana White doesnt give af if their white or purple as long as they sell. Majority of UFC fans are Americans, and majority of Americans are white so yea makes sense they would have a bias towards white fighters. Funny Ortega is probably the most popular Mexican fighter in UFC and that guy is blonde with blue eyes LOL

He has some phenomenal striking skills but he lacks Anderson's speed and killer instincts, from what I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back