• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Islam Makhachev will now face Dan Hooker at UFC 267, Oct. 30th in Abu Dhabi

Who wins?

• Islam Makhachev

• Dan Hooker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Probably the better fight. I’m good with this.

For me it’s the fact that people really accused DAN HOOKER of all people of ducking Islam. Like, really?

Islam's fan base is rabid and incessant. They're so consistent and active that they refuse to let anyone believe anything else other than he's a victim and he's being ducked. It's hyperbolic.

I love this fight!
Dan Hooker has ALWAYS been a warrior and taken on anyone, and now he's taking on Makhachev at 4weeks notice. Totally makes sense for him to stick around in Vegas, train as hard as he can before the flight out to Abu Dhabi.
I bet you Volkanovski will be helping him as much as he can too to prepare.

Really happy at this matchup. I know most people will dismiss Hooker's chances but I certainly don't -- he's a very tough fight for anyone.
UFC267 looking great.

All it took was one fight announcement for people to a 180 on Dan.

He's a JBG guy. He's been in wars that we should all appreciate. He took ungodly damage against Edson and Dustin. He fought tooth and nail to get to the Nasrat fight. He took the Islam fight on short notice.

What more do you guys want? Lol.

Put respect on Dan's name.

Good on hooker for stepping up, but again: horrible match up for him. He is going to get steam rolled from pillar to post. Islam beats everyone at this point, just give him the belt and get it over with. I think only Colby and Usman can hang with him.

Ok lets speculate on odds for this one; Islam VS RDA had islam about a -500 favorite (huge favorite). Where will the odds land for this one. Im gonna guess Islam opens as a -400 fav.
I do think Hooker will be less of an underdog than RDA.
Hooker has done all of MMA fans a big favor stepping in and more power to him.
Also...Dana & Co will love it that a very credible opponent has stepped in to fight Makhachev on 4weeks notice. They don't forget stuff like that.

Good on hooker for stepping up, but again: horrible match up for him. He is going to get steam rolled from pillar to post. Islam beats everyone at this point, just give him the belt and get it over with. I think only Colby and Usman can hang with him.
Fights aren't won on paper.

Fuck yeah. About time they stop sniffing each other's asses on twitter.

Hooker is gonna get mauled lol
But respect for him taking the fight so soon

I wonder how low to the ground Islam's shots will be.

I'm thinking Couture Vs Toney lol

upload_2021-9-30_20-26-55.png

Back