• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Islam Makhachev will now face Dan Hooker at UFC 267, Oct. 30th in Abu Dhabi

Who wins?

• Islam Makhachev

• Dan Hooker

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Hooker made as smart of a choice as he could have made in regards to fighting Islam.

He was preparing for a Thai boxing southpaw with more grappling involved in his style. Now he's fighting an orthodox switch hitting rangy as they come striker who is versatile and a proven finisher on the feet and has a solid guillotine and intercepting knee for those who don't acclimate to the big range change when fighting someone as long as him and shoot their TD from farther away than they should.

On top of Islam having a short notice drastic style and physical attribute change is Hooker is already in great shape so physically the short notice aspect won't affect Hooker like one would think when initially hearing about him stepping in on short notice being such a big LW.

On the can longer than I planned so figured I'd write a novel to this thread lol

Last edited:
Good fight, hespect to Hooker for stepping up.

Having said that, if anyone has any dillusions about this fight and thinks that Hooker is not going to end up on his back getting wrestlefooked....

<TrumpWrong1>

Ok lets speculate on odds for this one; Islam VS RDA had islam about a -500 favorite (huge favorite). Where will the odds land for this one. Im gonna guess Islam opens as a -400 fav.

Lets go even better fight, these two should have fought couple of fights ago. Dan have big cojones.

Islam by second round finish.

UFC 267 is even better now <Moves>

@Dreyga2000 it is possible. :D

It's insane to take that fight for Hooker considering he won't even have a training camp if he does come back to NZ, he will probably get compensated well though. If he wins he should get the title eliminator fight with Dariush for sure.

I think Hooker made as smart of a choice as he could have made in regards to fighting Islam.

He was preparing for a Thai boxing southpaw with more grappling involved in his style now he's fighting an orthodox switch hitting rangy as they come striking who is versatile and a proven finisher on the feet and has a solid guillotine and intercepting knee for those who don't acclimate to the big range change when fighting someone as long as him and shoot their TD from farther away than they should.

On top of Islam having a short notice drastic style and physical attribute change is Hooker is already in great shape so physically the short notice aspect won't affect Hooker like one would think when initially hearing about him stepping in on short notice being such a big LW.

On the can longer than I planned so figured I'd write a novel to this thread lol
No doubt Hooker is in fight shape right now. Might as well kick Islam's ass. Really hoping the UFC rewarded Hooker financially this fight.

He was preparing for a Thai boxing southpaw with more grappling involved in his style now he's fighting an orthodox switch hitting rangy as they come striking who is versatile and a proven finisher on the feet and has a solid guillotine and intercepting knee for those who don't acclimate to the big range change when fighting someone as long as him and shoot their TD from farther away than they should.
Bro, I tried reading this sentence and suffered a stroke.

He didn't duck him. When he was ranked lower there was no point in him taking a dangerous fight that wouldn't benefit him, especiallywhen Islam was nowhere near the top 15. It's smart. The narrative that everyone was ducking Islam when RDA accepted that fight twice and now Hooker just did was all hyperbole.

In all honesty, Islam shouldn't be ranked where he is. If he wins this fight, it'll legitimize his ranking. Props to Dan for taking it on short notice.
Chill bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back