Media Islam Makhachev Striking Looking SHARP In New Training Footage - Dustin Have Any Chance?

Islam would take a REAL risk standing with Dustin. He already has shown his chin isn't as solid as Khabib's. If he stands with Dustin, he is taking an unnecessary risk. His best chance is his excellent grappling.
I love Islam but I would be lying if I said I didn't want Poirier to win. Even if he never defended the belt, Dustin finally getting the undisputed championship would be incredible.

This fight:

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

This fight:

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif
i get you and i dont think Dustin really deserves this fight either. his KO over Saint-Denis was awesome but he just lost to Gaethje before that.
BUT
how psyched will you be if he wins?

So the pad striking footage now determines someone's chances standing up?
Apprently he's not doing this camp with AKA for this and hasnt for his last fight really opted to train with a Russian boxing silver medalist.

Hence why his striking has improved drastically in the 2nd volk fight and this fight which is why im bringing it up.

Last edited:
This is Dustin's last dance, I don't care for the result. Just wanna see a good fight. That being noted, I predict Islam bodying him. BSD was overwhelming him in the first round of the match and I feel like Dustin beat him through sheer experience and IQ. Islam won't be as forgiving and inexperienced to let Dustin's openings go unpunished.

If Islam is smart he will wrestle fuck the shit out of Doostin and most likely sub him within a couple of rounds, if he is dumb he will bang bro and most likely get KO'd stiff by Doostin. Or I could be completely wrong and Islam will spark Doostin standing.

that is islam game he beats you in your own game he told that he will stand with alex and he did it will be semi easy for him to beat his next oponent

All that just to shoot a takedown

it is called mixed martial arts, he oozes it from top to bottom. he can shoot for a takedown...judo throw or trip. headkick ktfo or knock down with a punch followed by submission.
or he can just toy with alot of his opponents.

the audacity....insinuate that islam is 1 trick pony. if there ever was a wellrounded fighter, it's him

Of course he has a chance. There's nobody Dustin doesn't have a chance against.

Islam's striking is good, but ironically that could get him into trouble. It happens a lot when guys are really good everywhere, and will go at their opponent's strength just to prove a point. Even if Islam did go straight to grappling, Dustin is a black belt and he's only been subbed by Khabib and Charles, then his other sub loss was like 12 years ago. Charles got the crap beat out him, couldn't take him down in 6 tries, and got kind of lucky in a scramble on a failed TD to end up in top position, and eventually got a standing sub after multiple failed sub attempts. It's not like Dustin is some white belt you can just grab and sub, and he's still possibly the best striker at LW.

Islam could strike with him and possibly win with just that …

But it would be risky and dumb

He should be able to take Dustin down at will …

he gonna mix it in like he usually does, if dustin wants to go aggressive early, islam will counter and shoot down. If Dustin is careful, Islam will take his time and be defensively sound and look for a wise entry or stall at the cage and trip him down. We know how he do

Back