News Islam Makhachev Returns - UFC 311 - Jan 2025 - Via Khabib

Been looking forward to this all year.

I think Islam should still take this. He is better on the feet than Arman, he's longer, and in the wrestling I think he is still ahead.

However, not counting Armand Hammer out at all, he has the best chance outside the other LWs at beating Islam.

I kinda think Arman will beat him. Just think he's improved more and Islams just due a loss.
I tend to agree. I think Arman has better striking, but he needs to not be reckless grappling and end up in a bad position, which he will do occassionally.

Islam by decision, 48-47 or 49-46.

Hopefully this means Belal vs Shavkat for 310. I'm absolutely fascinated by that matchup in an unironic manner. Also the WW division is getting clogged up with contenders; JDM, Brady, Garry, & Buckley if he beats Wonderboy.

His only fight in 2025
Dagestanis fight once or twice a year. Yet folks love them it seems. Khabib fought once a year basically his last 4 years. And just twice if lucky before that.

That's biggest reason they don't want Alex to fight Ank as Alex fights 4 times a year is biggest draw and ia reliable every time.

It's gonna be Arman, great match up. I think Islam will take it via decision, 49-46. I think since the first fight Islam has become more of an elite fight through fighting better comp and the championship experience.

And I think the winner or Olivera/Chandler lines up for a title fight later in the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franquito's Alt
Back