• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Islam Makhachev: "New Gloves Are VERY Stiff, Will Cause ALOT More Cuts"

Is it true the new gloves are 3oz instead of 4oz?

I read that online - but I thought that must be a fake source ?

Is it true the new gloves are 3oz instead of 4oz?

I read that online - but I thought that must be a fake source ?
They really are 3oz i believe for lighter weight classes. Believe they're the same 4oz for the heavier weight classes.

Most fights will look like this
cain-bigfoot-blood-2.jpg
joe-stevenson.jpg

I am not an expert on glove design, but from experience trying out weight lifting gloves the biggest problem is the leather on the inside of the glove. So when you close your hand to grip a bar the leather bunches up creating a less secure and actually painful grip.

MMA gloves also have full leather on the underside that creates resistance when closing your hand to make a fist. Anyone know why they don't use something like a mesh material there that would allow for a much more comfortable fist position and better flexibility and grip for grappling and submissions?

I just realised he is fighting this weekend.

There has been almost no buzz or promotion.

I am not an expert on glove design, but from experience trying out weight lifting gloves the biggest problem is the leather on the inside of the glove. So when you close your hand to grip a bar the leather bunches up creating a less secure and actually painful grip.

MMA gloves also have full leather on the underside that creates resistance when closing your hand to make a fist. Anyone know why they don't use something like a mesh material there that would allow for a much more comfortable fist position and better flexibility and grip for grappling and submissions?
I've watched the UFC video on their new glove design and concept.

The main idea is there are now layers of padding which are designed to move over each other (kinda slide over each other) this making it EASIER to close the hands for a lunch or for wrestling / grappling.

Also the fingers are not cut straight as before they are cut diagonally to again make it easier to bend the fingers etc.

Go find the video it's quite detailed.
I think UFC spent a lot of money on it (they contracted it out, probably several million dollars lol) so the new gkuves had better work or everyone will be unhappy.

So more fighters are going to end up being unable to fight due medical suspensions.

They need .5oz gloves for wmma, may be that will help bloody some faces and bring 3 new fans to watch it.

They really are 3oz i believe for lighter weight classes. Believe they're the same 4oz for the heavier weight classes.
Can you define what exactly are the "lighter weight classes"?? Does that apply to LW??

Not the best review from the P4P #1 fighter in UFC.

Is this a plan by Dana to make the fights more bloody/entertaining?

It will be like having FOUR slicing elbows!

The JBG will be very pleased!

I've watched the UFC video on their new glove design and concept.

The main idea is there are now layers of padding which are designed to move over each other (kinda slide over each other) this making it EASIER to close the hands for a lunch or for wrestling / grappling.
Huh, I never really thought about having to keep the gloves on to eat but I guess it makes sense like boxing gloves, once you get them on you don't really want to take them off until you're done for the day

It's called "light weight".
I asked which divisions were impacted by the different rule. I don't get why you're replying if you don't know the answer to my question.

Thanks for breaking the completely unrelated news on what LW stands for I guess though. *shrugs*

IIRC Pride gloves were manufactured by a Japanese company called Winning.

Based on this I'm not sure that the company still makes MMA gloves anymore.

https://store.winning-usa.com/products.html

I didn't know that Winning made the Pride gloves. If that's really the case then it's doubtful UFC gloves will ever match their quality; Winning is top class shit. Watch any top boxer train, they all use Winning. You don't see them in fights often because they don't do sponsorships.

Poor baby dont want to get cut.

"IF YOU CAN MAKE GOD BLEED, PEOPLE WILL CEASE TO BELIEVE IN HIM"

-Mickey Rourke in IronMan2

Lets break down the word , "believe". Bell -- eve. Or maybe be , lie, ve . Bal (evil deity) , Eve. Ok tangent done.

Starting to look like it

Islam's left eye look red after Dustin landed a punch

And Dustin kept touching and squinting his left eye after being punched

Starting to look like it

Islam's left eye look red after Dustin landed a punch

And Dustin kept touching and squinting his left eye after being punched
To be fair it's just one fight. Small sample size. They also had clashed a bunch of times. Hard to tell if the gloves are a problem yet. Though Islam's glove seemed to be almost peeling apart during the fifth round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back